Quick Look at 2020:

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Dec 3, 2019.

1. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

....And in 2022, 2023, 2024....etc

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

When I was in college I dated a chick who played the Smiths and the Cure nonstop.

It was more fun than reading this board after a loss.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  3. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Maybe you should avoid the board after a loss then.

Peebag likes this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Give me 2-3 good o lineman and I don’t give a damn about the schedule .

Brook!, jonnyd, LAJet and 5 others like this.
  5. FJF

I called hornet half way through the first sentence.

6. mr nyjet

mr nyjet Well-Known Member

we have never won against the eagles, despite beating the rest of the nfc east this year.
    therefore, i expect losses against the rams, chiefs, seahawks next year on the road.
    home, expect pats sweep 0-2, fins split, bills split if we get lucky.
    49ers game another loss.

optimistic forecast: 8-8
    probable : 6-10

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Are you saying that Douglas was a bad hire and doesn't have a good eye for talent, or do you think that the Johnsons will meddle/interfere and tell him to draft, or do you think that it won't matter with Gase as HC?

8. NCJetsfan

Dayum you guys are cynical!!!

Red Menace likes this.
  9. Its that the drafts have had largely the same overall “feel” & frankly result since the 2011 lockout spanning 3 GMs. Its clearly the org’s biggest short coming & the root of all evil. Yet the product doesnt change.

We’re left to assume theres something systemic going down behind the scenes be it meddling/interfering or perhaps an overriding philosophy we the public arent privy to. In any case Coaches,scouts & execs have come & gone yet the drafts still suck..at some point it falls on the owners for not addressing the shortcoming & allowing a consistently inferior product.

Draft day is just as much of a competition between teams as on the field.It is NOT a crapshoot.Weve got our butts handed to us in the war room dating back alot of classes

I do think Douglas is a legit talent evaluator but until i see a bonafide big boy draft that can actually make a short & long term difference..they dont get the benefit the doubt.The overall talent on this roster has been an utter joke.Worst in pro sports in a league of PARITY. No excuses.

tomdeb, ColoradoContrails and LAJet like this.
  10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

That would be new. Gase has never improved his record from one year to the next.

11. Ralebird

Non-division opponents this year are at 32 - 64 (.333) next year's are now at 63 - 56 - 1 (.529)

Deep shit.

#31 Ralebird, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  12. NCJetsfan

As always, thanks for your response. I understand your skepticism regarding Douglas and re-shaping the roster. I have hope (actually, that's the only hope I have left for the Jets). If the Johnsons are meddling and ordering our GMs to draft certain players and it can be proved, then I will be done with this team until they no longer own it. Crap happens every day that surprises me, but unless the NFL is rigged and the Johnsons are getting paid off under the table to keep the Jets awful or it's being ordered by the NFL, I can't see the Johnsons gaining anything by having some kind of philosophy that keeps the team with a low level of talent.

I think the problem is rather simple to understand. Tanny was a bean counter and attorney with zero experience in scouting and personnel. Tuna got him promoted to keep him from leaving to join the Bucs, and because he was great at managing the cap. We can blame Parcells for him. We only got some good players from him because of Mangini. When he left, the drafts went to shit. Also, Bradway was still around influencing decisions.

The big problem with Idzik was that the Johnsons (Woody) weren't going to let the new GM make a determination on Rex or fire him, and they were going to have the org chart where both the GM and HC reported to Woody, not the HC to the GM. Once word of that got out, all of the best candidates refused to even interview. The only decent one that did was a guy from the Niners' organization with a solid background in scouting and personnel (I forget his name), and he should have gotten the job. Idzik had a little background in scouting and coaching in his distant past, but overall he had been in administration for most of his career. He didn't even begin to be qualified for the job. I think he may have gotten the job because he was just willing to work with Rex; otherwise, I can't begin to fathom why Woody would have thought he was qualified to be our GM. If it wasn't so sad, frustrating, and anger-inducing, it would be laughable.

Mac was flat out clueless and incompetent, but at least he had a background in scouting. We have heard that the Texans were getting ready to fire Mac when Casserly sold the Johnsons on Mac as our new GM. We know why now. Mac was Casserly's protogé or something to that effect. He had little eye for talent and was clueless about how to go about building a team. One would think that after seeing the beating that David Carr took and how it ruined him, that Mac would have placed an emphasis on the OL, but no. He obviously thought that the DL and S were the most important positions. All he knew to do was take the BPA or take some guy that had 1st round talent but who had been injured or something. Then in FA, it was just making a big splash. With the FA CBs that have been available the last two offseasons, we could have had (and should have had) the best defensive backfield in the NFL, but that dumbass Mac pretty much totally blew it. Similarly, with the FA OL who have been available we could have had a pretty solid OL, but we know how that turned out.

Douglas is the first GM hired in decades, maybe ever, that has a great resume and background in scouting and personnel, and is respected around the NFL. That's why he got more money and a long contract. I have to believe that he would never have taken the job if he was going to have to be dictated to regarding personnel by the Johnsons. He would have told them to shove it and would have reported to the media what moronic dilettantes they are. I think the problem is just that the Johnsons are both clueless, moronic dilettantes. The Jets are their plaything. They don't care if it takes them 40 years to get it right. They're making money hand over fist and having fun. They don't care about the fans. The fans and media should start blasting them on a daily basis. We ought to stop going to games, watching or buying anything Jets-related. We ought to sell our season tickets and PSLs to fans of other teams. Maybe if they endure enough public criticism and embarrassment, they'll stop playing dilettante, and hire someone that knows what he's doing to run the team, and they'll step back and count their money.

The upcoming offseason is pretty much make or break for me. If Douglas turns out to be just another dumbass in a long string of incompetent dumbasses the Jets have hired, I won't care what happens to the team.

#32 NCJetsfan, Dec 4, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 4, 2019
  13. Ralebird

You often return to this theme of the Johnsons meddling or directing the GM on personnel matters but have never said why you believe this to be true. Now, you introduce the bizarre possibility that such, and worse, has somehow been dictated by the NFL as some black ops scheme for the rigging of the entire league replete with felonious inducements. To what purpose?

14. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

hahahaha, I walked right into that one.

15. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

Tongue In Cheek my friend.....;)

I hope they turn it around much sooner.

NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  16. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Again, just did a quick look at it. No big deal! Haha. It is a lot more traveling and looks like a tougher schedule. That is all I was saying. The Jets had a lighter schedule this year and clearly did not take advantage of it. That is life. Plenty of time to look more into the 2020 season. Still have Free Agency, the Draft, the actual schedule with dates and times, etc. Long way to go!

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

How much have you bet on your post coming true? :mad:

18. FJF

No worries man, you don’t have to defend this thread. It’s a good subject. I’m just saying we aren’t that far behind . Get an o line and the rest will follow. We are a .500 team with a better o line right now. And that’s with Sam missing 3 games.

Brook! and The Dark Knight like this.
  19. championjets69

If u are worry about the NJJs now for 2020 U better look up a top of the line shrink:mad:

The Dark Knight likes this.
  20. championjets69

Who is your shrink because with what U posted U should post his name & number so the others on this board can take advantage of him so they to can obtain whatever magic pills he is dispensing :mad: