Jay's House of Weather 'n Stuff

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by jaywayne12, Dec 25, 2010.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

forget to add = Fjay thoughts ?

Brook! likes this.
  2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I think it’s shifted south and east. Putting you in the bullseye and taking me out of play. I’m thinking 1-3 for me the rest of the storm , maybe.

CBG likes this.
  3. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay check out radar if you get a minute ---> the entire storm appears to me to be moving South and West ( I dont think I have EVER seen that before ) and the precipitation at least to me is expanding / filling on the Northern side of it

FJF likes this.
  4. FJF

Snows picking up pretty good now. Let’s see if it lasts. My numbers are going to be low though. So much ice really killed the chances. Home I’m probably 3” ice and 2” snow. Closer to 8” snow at work.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay all in all this would have been a good one if I didn't have higher expectations.......the ULL never grabbed the low off the coast like it should have instead the ULL just took off North and the entire system was left disorganized. Pretty cold out right now just went to the store with my kid and we already got the call 2 hour delay tomorrow. Hey Brook tell the kids we will get em next time

Brook! and FJF like this.
  6. FJF

Too much warm convection in the beginning , mixing killed it. Albany got hammered. So we had that right, the ice line was just a lot further north than we expected ruined yesterday. Really just a near miss today. Not complaining too much though, good first storm, fun to track.

Brook! and CBG like this.
  7. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Fjay dont know about your area but it started again by me about a half hour ago and its coming down at a good clip. Another buddy in Washington ville is getting hammered and same for my friends in Chester. LI peeps just checked in with me said its started snowing there and relatives in Brooklyns say its coming down and sticking,,,,,,this is only our first one of the year Fjay lots more hopefully to come brother

Brook! likes this.
  8. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

2 hour delay tomorrow. My kids are happy campers. Thanks Uncle Chris. :)

Signed: Proud Papa Kam

CBG likes this.
  9. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

Sweatshirt, pants AND sneakers today :mad:

10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Two or three inches on the cars, less than an inch on the roads in central Nassau County.

11. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Stat ,,,,I hear you. The surface temps were an issue most of the day because even tough some people had snow coming down it did not stick in those areas until the sun went down and temps dropped others stayed rain. The storm DID NOT DO what it should have and that was that 2 pieces of energy were supposed to meet off the coast and one was going to absorb the other but one piece of energy took off North without the other so instead of merging the storm was left pretty disorganized or maybe I should say NO WHERE near what it could have been and what I had expected,,,,,maybe Fjay or one of the other geeks can explain it better.

Brook! likes this.
  12. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

And you know that I am very happy about it!

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Yes I do and you know that I am somewhat sad as I got some snow but this could have been better or in your case worse for many. The season is still young as it is not even winter yet

14. Brook!

@CBG @FJF

It is showing snow on iphone app for Madison next Wednesday and Friday? What is this?

CBG likes this.
  15. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

yes Brook Tuesday nite into Wednseday needs to be watched could start off warm and rain but then temps drop big time and it could end as snow. I will take a look tomorrow but some models were hinting at accumulations earlier today. Next weekend shows something as well Friday or Saturday but I have not looked at anything since last nite

Brook! likes this.
  16. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Tuesday into Wed could be a small event needs to be watched

17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Maybe this sneaks up on a few of us but the models have looked better as today has progressed. Going to have to see how this plays out but we could go from 60 degrees to ice and snow just nuts

18. Brook!

Uncle C,

How does Wednesday totals look for Madison?

19. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Sorry Brook,,,,busy day. "TO ME" and there are better weather geeks out here than me it appears the models took a turn today towards less snow for both the coast and inland. But again " IMO " nothing is written in stone as the models could easily say something different tonight. Here is what I think = the weather is going to hit 60 degrees tomorrow and most people will say "SNOW WHAT SNOW ITS 60 degrees out " BUT If what the models are showing today is wrong and there is more moisture instead of what the currently show then rush hour Wednesday morning could be ugly depending on when the cold air hits and the temps drop and it looks as if temps are gonna drop like a rock. Brook this was never on the models as a BIG storm and it might be nothing but it could still bring 2-4 all depends on the timing of the cold air and the amount of moisture. Maybe I have a better answer later or in the A.M but to me the models have not been much help.

#15559 CBG, Dec 9, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2019
    Brook! likes this.
  20. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Winter is over, back to 83 here today

CBG likes this.