First thread started in a decade. Most excitement in a generation.

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by rscherwin, Aug 2, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The Colts were a mess when Grigson was fired. In comes Ballard and they become a playoff team in 2 years.
    The Chiefs were down in 2012, worst team in the league. In come Dorsey and Reid. They turn into a nearly perennial playoff team.
    It comes down to drafting, player development, and coaching. All of which the Jets were below average at during the Bowles/Maccagnan era as the 24-40 record shows.

2. joe

joe Well-Known Member

First thread started in a decade. Most excitement in a generation.

First thread in a decade??

In the past decade you've started no fewer than fifteen (15!) threads and what's more suckered in no fewer than eleven (11!) others into giving "likes" as well.

This ranks right up there with Green Hornet's cancer.

**not to be taken seriously**

3. joe

joe Well-Known Member

^^^ 'click & drag' beneath the words 'Green Hornet's cancer'

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

haha Lets all remember the phrase " I call Hornet" What a clown he was

5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

"Most excitement in a generation"

A reminder to those of you who are just reaching puberty. The NFL season is a marathon and a game of attrition. Don't blow your entire load during training camp.

6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

The thread was worth the decade wait! I am excited too. Great post! :):cool:

7. joe

joe Well-Known Member

. .Forget the excitement, you were lied to. . Doesn't that mean anything? . . : )

8. abyzmul

abyzmul R.J. MacReady, 2018 Funniest Member Award Winner

Can you share some of those multiple reports? I'm not down on Gase or anything, but I just listened to Kalil's entire first presser and he answered at length what factors got him to come out of retirement. He said he spoke with former teammates, his agent, he mentioned Joe Douglas about 30 times, even said he thought about calling Nick Mangold. One name he did not mention was Adam Gase.

stinkyB, Ralebird and joe like this.
  9. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

I see a lot of talent on this team. I'm optimistic even if I'm not allowed to be. Biggest problem is CB and I think that one will brought in before the season. Injuries are a concern due to limited depth. But if Jets stay relatively healthy, I think a wild card is definitely possible.

10. Sam Hammer

Sam Hammer Well-Known Member

A decade? That's like a century in baseball.

Noam and PennyRoyal10 like this.
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol do you fact check anything?

grigson was their GM from 2012-2016. he took over 2012 after a bad season due to peyton maning going down for the year and had the 1st overall pick. the colts with manning obviously were one of the best teams in the NFL. He drafted luck in 2012 and they made the playoffs with luck as a rookie in 2012 as well as 2013 and 2014. in 2015 and 2016 they went 8-8 both seasons. they never had a losing record during that span. they fired him in 2016. the following year the colts went 4-12 due to an injury with luck where he didn't play all year. then in 2018 made th playoffs again. between peyton manning and luck the colts have been a contender for 20 years and haven't rebuilt at all.

The same goes for the chiefs. they didn't rebuild. their issue was coaching and QB. they were actually pretty stacked for talent with 6 probowlers which is unheard of for a 2-14 team. they had cassel who sucked and he got benched for brady quinn. they traded to get alex smith and signed andy ried as a coach. prior to the 2012 season they made the playoffs in 2010 and were 7-9 in 2011.

The only thing your point shows is how important a QB can be to a teams sucess. and since joe is walking into a team with darnold on year 2 of a rookie deal, that's a huge win. Still you haven't given an example of a 2-3 year rebuild.

12. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

So the Jets should've kept Maccagnan because he needed 3 more years to finish his rebuild?

13. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

I didn't say that. only will time tell if we should have or shouldn't have. If douglas fucks up the jets then yeah we should have. If he does a good job then i couldn't give 2 shits about mac. Either way we won't know until a couple of years from now. I was just pointing out the unrealistic expectations some fans have here. It's not like the clock resets on douglas. He's still year 3 into a full rebuild. he just didn't start it but he has to finish it.

14. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

asking for a friend

what’s your excitement now?

stinkyB and Petrozza like this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

It sure is fun! to dredge up pre-season posts and shit on them... :confused:

Lame.

HomeoftheJets and Jets69 like this.