Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

No we're going to act like we have one of the worst coaches in the NFL because our coach has coached four years now, has never had a positive point differential, has one of the worst point differentials in the league over that time, repeatedly puts out bad offenses even though his specialty is offense, and creates controversy with those around him on a regular basis. Meanwhile, our offense is one of the worst in the league, our 2nd year QB who was supposed to be the face of the franchise is below average, and the QB who had been below average under Gase is now the favorite for Comeback Player of the Year. And the only time Gase ever looked good was when he coached Peyton, whose most distinguishing characteristics are that he was like a coach himself and regularly changed play calls at the line. Yes, Gase has a bad roster, and his QB missed time with mono. But seriously, after all this time, do you expect Gase to turn things around next year or at any point in the future?

2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Respond to what? Was there a question in there somewhere? While you're talking about responding why haven't you responded to your creation of the strawman argument that anyone expected Gase to walk in and make this team a contender overnight?

And no, I never expected this team to be 6 - 6, I was overly optimistic in predicting six wins for the entire season. I expected pretty much from Gase what he has produced. I also expected players to miss games, it's part of life in the NFL. I find no need to repeatedly itemize those every day occurrences but I do expect coaches to adapt; that's what they get paid for. Playoffs? That was was pie in the sky delivered on the back of a freakin' unicorn from day one for this team and staff.

3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I don't really know what to expect of him moving forward. What I can say with certainty is that twelve games is never a true barometer of success one way or another. And this board is so reactive to a good game or bad game that lost in sight is the horrible talent pool that is this roster.

Bad offensive lines have absolutely wrecked the Chargers, and Bengals seasons and to an extent the Falcons and Buccaneers as well. Trubisky sucks but so does his offensive line and running game.

Bad offensive lines wreck seasons. This is the worst in the league.

I'm not sure what magical coach would've willed this team to 9 wins with all of the injuries and horrible depth as a result of a decade of bad drafting. McCarthy would've fixed this?

FJF likes this.
  4. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

The circumstances you mention with the roster and OL are valid imo

But I think there is also historical evidence to suggest that Gase can't get the most out of past players like RTanneyhill and now with 13 million dollar Bell...I mean if Iam a HC that's a bad look to not having Bell perform better in SOME fking way!!

So we agree...we both don't know what to expect from Gase but his tbh his track record sux....McCarthy had a much better one So odds are he wouldn't give us a miracle but prob could have done better than AG

It's not your fault that CJ listened to P Mannings "advice" like he did with Charlie Casserly before hiring Toilet Bowles lol

If I had to err I would rather err with someone who won a SB and had multiple Playoff appearance right??

ouchy and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. Jonathan_Vilma

I mean he dragged Tannehill to the playoffs (until he got hurt obviously) and up until that point, Tannehill had his best completion percentages, quarterback rating, yards per attempt, lowest sack numbers and best winning percentage.

Everyone forgets the cap hell that franchise ended up in with Tannenbaum's brilliant Ndamukong Suh record breaking signing and the dog shit he drafted in 2017.

FJF likes this.
  6. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

I fixed it for you. Look and Tenn. Gase is a failure. He can't develop WR. See Devante Parker now. He can't run and offense. See every head coaching job he's had. He can't adjust play calling or game plan. He refuses to run the ball.

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

fire him one week,
    crown him the next
    then a loss, lets fire him

FJF, stinkyB and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  8. J-Raw24

I never liked him. When he was with Miami he was bad. We won 3 games because of the few decent players we have. We need a cb1, a wr who can catch a 50/50 ball, a whole new oline, and some pass rush. But Gase will find a way to screw it up and make us need more. He's always been this bad.

9. BrowningNagle

point differential says more about the quality of the players than anything else. In fact, a team that wins with a negative point differential is a sign of a good coaching job.

Its a stat you can use to gauge a team's talent, because talented teams tend to blow teams out. Idk how much it really matters when you are talking about an Adam Gase, who hasn't really won much, nor had talented rosters.

FJF and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  10. J-Raw24

Point differential also shows the coaches inability to game plan and adjust game plan... in Miami gase had a decent o line. Mediocre QB, and good rb. Also so decent receivers. He just wants to dink/dunk and not run the ball at all. That negative point differential is on Gase. Look at his play calling and tell me otherwise

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

This was the one game I've missed this year (thankfully missed this turd).... When I saw the box score / stats and the LACK of rushes by Bell vs one of the shittier teams against the run just solidifies my low opinion of Gase.

Yes, I know the stat sheet does NOT tell the whole story and the flow of the game, but I really wasnt surprised either way...... We've all seen the "I'm the smartest guy in the room" act before

12. Since1969

Since1969 Well-Known Member

A good coach adapts and devises game plans that maximize his team's strengths and minimizes its weaknesses. Even if a coach is in love with the passing game, he adapts if he has a stud running back like Bell. A stupid/stubborn/arrogant coach tries to fit square pegs in round holes by trying to force his team to play his system even if his system doesn't fit their skills. Ignore Bell even though he may be your best offensive weapon simply because your system is a passing offense. Unfortunately, this disconnect will help to buy Gase more time. He'll simply tell Chris Johnson that the problem this year was that he didn't have the right players for his system. If I were an owner interviewing HC candidates and a candidate kept talking about "my system," I'd smile, thank him for his time, and show him the door. How many of the great coaches had an inflexible system that they never deviated from?

When Coslet was the coach, he'd be on with Mike and the Mad Dog on the Monday after the game. He had one theme whenever the Jets lost: the game plan was sound; the players didn't execute. After a while you had to wonder what the hell this guy was talking about. How can the game plan be sound if it's a plan his players can't execute. Maybe it was time to be a little flexible and come up with a plan his players can execute. Coslet's lifetime coaching record: 47-77.

#2452 Since1969, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  13. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Gase never wanted Bell, and now it seems more obvious than ever that Gase will likely force Bell out.

When a HC is so hell bent on not using a player of Bell's caliber, you have to wonder who else on the roster will be gone at seasons end.

Christopher Johnson will not be judged kindly in the history of the team. He somehow managed to ruin the momentum this team had, and may ruin the most promising young QB we've had because he won't admit to a huge mistake he made by hiring Gase.

We will be having the same conversations next season when Gase has the jets coming out looking flat and not playing up to standard.

14. Jonathan_Vilma

He didn't want Bell because he's likely washed up. Look at how ineffective Josh Gordon is after all the time he's spent away from the game.

Everyone wants to blame it on useage. When Bell gets any room at all he maxes out at an 8 yard gain. His touches are down because he's averaging near league worst 3.2 yards per carry.

The Jets best chance to win games is to throw the ball early and often. The offensive line is putrid.

We gave him the ball 21 times on the ground vs. Cleveland and threw him ten more balls. And he struggled to reach the century mark and lost a fumble.

What more do you guys want out of him? Do we need more runs to the LOS to setup 2nd and 10?

15. J-Raw24

Well said, good coaches adjust. They make it work... Look at Baltimore. They may makr their 3 superbowl. Maybe win again. This team is NOTHING like the last 2.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  16. J-Raw24

Every run is the same run. When you call the same 3 plays every time and don't use TE to help block when your oline is possibly the worst in the league. The other team can and will stop it... do you see any other team with only 3 run plays? No. Cause their head coach isn't this bad. Do other teams use TE to block? Yes... this isn't rocket science. Bell isn't "washed" up. He needs and o line and a head coach that doesn't eat paint.

#2456 J-Raw24, Dec 3, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 3, 2019
  17. BrowningNagle

yeah, that's the whole thing about Sunday's game. I don't understand the NY Post and some TGG posters on here both complaining about Bell's usage. It makes me wonder if they were watching the game. LeVeon Bell was getting stuffed every time he ran the ball. Why would you give more carries to someone who can't get any yardage?

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Well, you have to ask if Bell is having second thoughts about coming to the Jets by now... Worse OLine in the NFL, a HC/OC that doesn't believe in a ground game and is pass happy, etc... He would never say it publicly, but being human, I'm sure he's wondering is this punishment worth the $13m.

Since1969 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Why not run the ball outside once in a while....

Ralebird, Bellys Lies and NYJetsO12 like this.
  20. BrowningNagle

You have to have a running back that can get outside. Bell can't