Jets vs Cincy Week 13 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Dec 2, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Studs

Robby - made a lot of good tough catches, especially on 3rd down. Nice to see him used more. had 10 targets catching 7 for 101 yards. He was also under thrown on what should have been a long TD from darnold

Darnold - the numbers aren't great 28/48 for 239 0 TDs. and we didn't score much (6 points) but he looked good without any help. every WR we had outside of robby sucked. there are like 4-5 official drops and another 3-4 that should have been caught. it was awful. The o-line also gave him no time and due to the early score we barely ran (bell had 10 carries for 32 yards) darnold play well despite everything working against him.

Run Defense - wasn't as dominant as the past few weeks. but still held mixon to 44 yards on 19 carries (2.3 avg) and as a team held cincy to 44 yards on 25 carries (1.76 avg)

Ficken - a perfect 2/2 on FG

Bless - looking like a legit CB every game. I think we found 1 starting CB now which is a major help

Duds

Gase - shit gameplan and again no adjustments in game. It's not the shit plan that bothers me, it's his lack of ability to adjust mid game or at the half when the plan isn't working.

O-line - no holes in the run game, and no pass protection. Dunlap had 3 sacks and sam was pressured all game. just an awful performance

every WR not named robby - drops all around from everyone. DT pulled up on a ball that should have been a TD. nobody was getting open. crowder didn't do junk. just overall poor

Pass D except Bless - outside of bless the pass D was awful. especially Canady who couldn't prevent a catch if his life depended on it.

2. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I hate the idea of naming "studs" when a team looks as bad as the Jets did, but grudgingly agree with the above assessment"

But looking for "studs" reminds me of the little boy who was digging furiously at a huge pile of horseshit when a man walked up and asked him:

"Hey there son, why are you digging at the big pile of horseshit?"
    "Well mister, with this much horseshit, the re MUST be a pony under there somewhere!".

Enjoy the horseshit fellow fans!

3. GasedAndConfused

yeah getting worked over by a winless team is rough. on the bright side we made history by being the only team ever to lose to 2 teams 0-7 or worse in the same season

4. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I wouldn't put Robbie or Sam on the studs list.

The pass to Robbie in the end zone was low but he did a great job getting under it. Than he dropped it. A stud makes that catch and scores a TD.

Sam threw the ball away on 4th down. Sorry, this is personal pet peeve of mine. Its 4th down - you have to force something if nothing is open. Throw up a 50/50 ball! Throwing it away ends the game. If you make a bonehead play like this in a loss - you're not a stud.

5. GasedAndConfused

yeah i didn't get the 4th down throwaway at all. robby not being able to get a way underthrown ball he had to dive for and he had it until a hit knocked it out, doesn't make him a dud when he made plays all game and had 100+ yards

K'OB and Mogriffjr like this.
  6. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

More like:

Studs:
    -No one

Duds:
    -Everyone, led by Head Coach Adam Gase.

7. 94Abraham

94Abraham Well-Known Member

He didn’t really dive, he pulled up on a short ball and flat out dropped it. He may of been slightly shielded but he has to make that catch regardless. Outside of that, Robbie was good. Too bad no one else could get open.

ColoradoContrails and FJF like this.
  8. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

It's amazing. Our "offensive genius" of a head coach had a week to prepare for an 0-11 team with a 32nd rank defense in yards allowed and we didn't even get in the red zone.

9. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Entire Jets team - Duds

End thread.

10. GasedAndConfused

I mean he COULD have caught it, but i don't think he SHOULD of caught it. it wasn't officially a drop either

11. James Hasty

James Hasty Well-Known Member

When your kicker goes 100% on a game like this he deserves a game ball.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

The game was over at that point. I can totally understand Sam not wanting to throw an interception after getting screwed over by his coach and teammates all game long. Maybe it's selfish, but the fuck you it communicated was well-deserved.

Noam and FJF like this.
  13. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Here's his explanation.

https://www.nj.com/jets/2019/12/wat...game-press-conference-after-bengals-loss.html

Note that except for once, in all that head shaking and looking at the floor he pointed at "we" for all the problems. The only time he used the singular was when asked about play calling and his response was along the lines of "because that's what I called." I guess the NFL must require five minutes of his time so he feels it's appropriate to simply walk out in the middle of a question when the clock hits five.

Stand up, look up and man up, Adam; or get the hell out.

15. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Your giving me a Sanchez apologist flashback.

Noam likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean this is a little nitpicky. He's had it pounded into his head to not make boneheaded throws and in a game we're down 16 with 3 minutes left he airmailed it after being abused by the Bengals defensive line all game long. Can't blame him for that.

Sam shouldn't earn a stud label, but he played well enough to have that game be closer than it was. The entire offense let him down.

twown likes this.
  17. GasedAndConfused

scored 100% of our points too

Footballgod214 and James Hasty like this.
  18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

You're saying, "it was okay to give up with 3 minutes left".

Under Gase I guess that's where we are now.

IIMeanDeanII, Ralebird and Acad23 like this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

No. It was a bad situational play for sure. But I see where he's coming from. After being hammered for three weeks to just throw the ball away if nothing's there and you're in over your head in pressure, I see why he did it with no receiver open and he's about to get sacked.

We had no one open all day. And when they were open they were dropped balls or being out-competed for them.

As bad as the offensive line was and has been, the receiving corps needs a serious infusion of talent themselves.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I'm no apologist. I've gotten on Darnold several times this season, and I'm not confident he's the answer. But I'm not going to get on him for that throwaway.