Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ralebird.

Ever the revisionist.

FJF likes this.
  2. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It may have been funny in middle school but that was a long time ago.

JerzeJets and hobgoblin like this.
  3. Ralebird

Nah, just the clarity that more than fifty years here will bring. Hang around long enough, you'll see.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The whole exploiting the edge against the Bengals thing is a little overstated. Our running game is the least creative in the NFL, but the Bengals bad run defense is a bit inflated.

They gave up over 200 yards rushing to Lamar Jackson over two games, 93 yards to Kyler Murray, 46 to Josh Allen, and 48 to Gardner Minshew. Not to mention got absolutely destroyed by the 49ers in the running game. They've struggled with running quarterbacks more than anything.

The stats are the stats, but some context definitely applies. It's a bad run defense but we're also a horrible run offense. We can't just assume we could've lined up and ran between Brandon Shell and Tom Compton all day and there would've been much better results.

5. DefenseWinsChampionships

I absolutely wanted Adam Gase fired since day one but when reality struck he deserves another season. He's an offensive mind without an O-Line during his1st year? It's hard to have a great offense without a capable offensive line and our lackluster offensive line isn't because of Adam Gase so therefore I'll hold judgement on not only Gase but any HC with Darnold until an improved O-Line because right now I don't think Bill Walsh with Joe Montana could be consistently good week in and week out behind this O-Line. And it's almost impossible to have a ground attack with these mediocre O-Lineman not even Le'Veon Bell can look like Le'Veon Bell behind this O-Line. I see bursts and the ability is right in front of our eyes but the line isn't creating gaps, lane lan running room.

No OFFENSIVE MINDED coach should be judged based off of being forced to call plays behind this shit O-Line and as a fan within the moment I overlooked these facts early on. Any coach can come up with excuses but Gase has a big excuse here in NY; bottom feeding O-Line.

FJF and azhar80 like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase had three seasons in Miami before this one. With a QB who looks pretty darn good now that he's free of him. Give him another year here, nothing's going to change.

7. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

We didn't miss anything by not getting McCarthy. I don't think things would have been any different. We'd still have the crappy OL, and would still have been learning new systems. The D probably wouldn't have been nearly as good because McCarthy probably wouldn't have accepted Greg Williams as his DC.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  8. sozopol

sozopol Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

(guess I need to work on my sarcasm)

9. NCJetsfan

Seriously? Rex sucked and was an embarrassment. He helped destroy the roster that Mangini and Tanny had built, only had a handful of good game plans per season, the team was horribly undisciplined, and it was a three-ring circus. Even asking a question like that should get you banned for a week minimum.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  10. NCJetsfan

He's not the one who needs to grow up. It's the other poster and you!

JerzeJets and Ralebird like this.
  11. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

The great thing about shit bag Gase?

you see how many demented moronic idiotic Jet fans there are.

I see a lot of GED’s or worse in this thread. Actually protecting Gase. They even probably bought the new team Jersey’s

my god. Didn’t your parents make you go to college?

WT

12. Ralebird

Or your sense of humor.

13. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

I started rooting for this godforsaken team in 1978. In those 41 years, we've hired 11 coaches and the only hires I hated before the first snap were Kotite and Gase. All the others (aside from Parcells)'were working with a blank slate, so there was legitimate hope that they could take us to a championship. But not this coach. His resume was clearly established. Like Kotite, he is a failed, retread coach, and as long as he's here all we are doing is throwing away time until we hire the next guy. We will NEVER win a SB with Adam Gase. He is a 6-10 / 7-9 coach right out of central casting, and there's no worse spot to be in. The stupidity of this hire can only be compared to Rex hiring Tony Sparano to be his OC.

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't mind retread coaches. Get the right one (Bill Belichick, Pete Carroll, Andy Reid) and you can do really well. But you want a retread who either accomplished a lot in his previous stop or spent a significant amount of time after his firing getting better as a college coach or coordinator. Gase was neither of those things, which is why it was obvious he wasn't going to succeed here. And I'm not even saying that with the benefit of hindsight; the reaction when the hire was announced was about as negative as it gets for a new coach.

15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I wish it were as simple as getting rid of Gase, but the rot is much deeper and systemic. It's the Johnsons. If they don't sell the team, they need to remove themselves from all football decisions. Unless, and until, that happens, anything else is just rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.

Noam, NYJetsO12 and Cman68 like this.
  16. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

As Jets fans we have to swallow a lot of crap, but I have no doubt whatsoever that the majority of this fanbase knows more about the game of football, and understands the landscape of the NFL infinitely more than the fools who run the team. If Peyton Manning had called me to endorse Adam Gase, my response would have been something like .... "Thanks Peyton .., but how about you stick to making commercials, and I'll worry about hiring my head coach"

17. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Nothing Gase does as a coach , regardless of skillset he has inherited, should give anyone a feeling he will turn this around. Frankly as per majority of our coaches in last 25 years he looks lost , over his head and another wasted 2-3 years .... Really sick to death of this franchise ,and it's clueless owners.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Maybe his hat is too small...

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I am not a Gase fan but I would not give him all the credit for the loss. A lot of bad things happened. The Bengals and Dalton should be given a lot of credit. Dalton was very motivated and played very well.

While we can blame Gase for running up the middle and not adjusting to the Bengals rysh and putting in protection for the QB our main problem on offense was execution. We stopped ourselves with dropped balls and penalties. The TD drop by Anderson and the drop by Berrios on the 15 were both huge. How many drives and big plays were stopped by holding calls. Off hand i can recall at least 3 but i think it was much more.

Yes Gase could gameplan better by protecting Darnold better but the problems here were mostly self inflicted by poor execution and penalties.

What I did really like was the use of the hurry up offense early in the game. I really like this attack style offense and i thought Sam did a great job calling plays at the LOS. I would very much like to see the Jets use this hurry up more often.

FJF, NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes my friend..the Head of this Snake are the big pharma grifters.Johnsons ...ripping us off with arrogant decision making...extending Gase thru 2020. Once they hire a questionable coach their pride won't let them cut bait...Lol let's see how long the Maras keep schemer That will be an interesting comparison

Dare we agree? Champ has been right all along!!!

My only curiosity after the depression of another loss is to see what Joe Douglas brings us in Spring