It's all about the O-line

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Dec 1, 2019.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

When they play well the offense plays well. If you thought the O-line was playing better, it's because they were up against mediocre d-lines. They can't hold up against good d-lines. Sacks, penalties, Qb pressures, & poor run blocking . The Jets go as the O-line goes. Joe needs to get us some O-line help.

2. AJW

AJW Well-Known Member

Agreed. Our priority is to improve the OL in the offseason. If not, this team is going nowhere.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Well we always have the OL excuse, please this team is the laughing stock of the NFL, if you're new to the fanbase, get the hell out, before they destroy you.

4. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Which many fans have been saying since this years draft. And the head coach didn’t do a fucking thing to improve it over the five months before the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

5. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Part talent, part coaching. All suck.

PabloJa and Royal Tee like this.
  6. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

If macagnan had not drafted 2 safeties or decided to go bargain shopping for OL in Rounds 4 on this discussion wouldn't be happening

BTW Gase is also a terrible Coach...doesnt help things

JetsNation06 likes this.
  7. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Well we know where JoeD's focus will be. Probably already has been since day he walked in. Joe's probably been watching more college games this season than in all previous combined. He knows he needs to find 3 or 4 good O-line upgrades. Tall order, but Joe's the man!

Pretty safe to say we won't be drafting any more D-lineman for a bit.

8. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

Tick tick fuckin tick.
    The online moves 1000% backfired.

There is zero excuses going forward. IDGAF where, how.. Picks, fa.. zero but it has to start NOW.
    You're destroying a once in a lifetime pick that actually panned out for us.

The stadium is empty. The owners are running this as a business and not a franchise. There are so many issues that will go away by just fixing the line

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If he's really the man, he'll have a word with a certain owner about a certain coach...

Ralebird, Cman68 and Footballgod214 like this.
  10. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

But I do think offensive line is arguably the 2nd most important unit after the QB. Some people like to say pass rush is 2nd most, but I disagree. With a good offensive line even the best pass rushes are mitigated. In this offense first league, buying more time for your QB to make his reads and receivers to become open is important. Even a mediocre receiver will eventually get open given enough time. I've used Sanchez in 2010 as an example in the past. That offensive line gave him enough time and let a good, but not great Thomas Jones become the #1 run offense in the league. Conversely bad offensive lines make everything that much harder to run on offense. The running game never gets going and the QB has no time to throw for even a 10 yard completion. We probably have a bottom 5 offensive line in a league where the offensive line talent isnt great at the moment and that is just making Darnolds job way harder.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

And CB's, and pass rushers, and skill positions......

JetsNation06 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  12. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

What could he have done after the draft and free agency ?

wewantsapp likes this.
  13. We suck at evaluating & selecting talent at every position including OL.Period.

The drafting is by FAR this franchise’s biggest detriment.Simply zero idea how to identify talent & build a team

JetsNation06 and Wahoo like this.
  14. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Its probably why we cling to the highest rated defensive tackle prospect because it takes no real drafting intelligence to take those players.

NYJetsO12, Cman68 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  15. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

Bring in every lineman available UFAs anybody out there and at least make an effort to build some semblance of a competent O line. I remember the last two weeks of preseason Belidick signed three o linemen. I don’t know if they made the team but he was obvious making every effort to find viable players. Gase sat on his ass and went onto the season with a line EVERYONE knew was incompetent. I don’t give a shit, it’s on him

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  16. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

I’d like to see some kind of evaluation of their scouting system. Do our scouts suck, or are their recommendations ignored by management? That would be interesting to know

JetsNation06 and KurtTheJetsFan like this.
  17. FJF

thats pretty much what joe d( the one responsible for the roster) did. Lewis, Khalil were both late late additions. Like qbs, there is a bigger need than than supply. There are not 80 legit starting offensive lineman on the planet. And we’ve spent the last 5 years avoiding adding any of them.
    mad to beli and New England, you have an easier time filling holes in an established system where the players around the hole understand their jobs and cover for deficiencies. We don’t ever have an established system .

18. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

Never has any unit in history been more aptly named than our Offensive line.

19. dmatt36

dmatt36 Active Member

I wonder what Wayne Hunter is doing nowadays....might be worth a look

20. FJF

Why do you hate Sam?

twown and Red Menace like this.