Blessuan Our Hearts

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by boozer32, Nov 25, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Cool story bro

bet you don’t

PS
    The mods should take note of the bullying they supposedly don’t allow

Falco21 likes this.
  2. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

In the beginning of the season I thought Mac was as bad as Idzik except Mac had the luxury of picking players in the early first round that were no brainer picks. Seeing Shepard, Blessuan, and Cashman play well early in their NFL careers has changed my mind on him a bit.

That said, we needed to make a change from the top as it was apparent that our overall draft strategy was simply going BPA on random players that may or may not have been the right fit for the system. Macagnan really hurt himself badly when he decided to reach for big names with the Hackenberg and more recently Polite picks that made me really question what he considers to be the "best player" in drafts anyway.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

You're lucky I didn't get my wedgie hand out

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Should we go back to how horribly this roster was constructed after a loss when everyone's not riding high? The product that we watched today is because of Maccagnan.

NYJFOREVER and FJF like this.
  5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

See, I don't know if you thought after watching this game I would agree. I'm assuming. I don't.

This was coaching, this was ownership, this was a lack of talent lastly to me. Players got to play, there is no excuse for that. You can't tell me that every team that has beat the Bengals before us simply had more talent than us. That's a ridiculous statement to me. This was coaching, ownership, and lack of talent. A combination. In that order.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

You don't have to agree. But that doesn't change the fact that this roster is devoid of talent and specifically because of awful drafting and lackluster free agent signings. We have Steve McLendon and Kelvin Beachum left on our roster from his free agencies from 2015-2017. I already noted all of the drafting failures.

Who assembled the lack of talent?

You can blame ownership and coaching all you want. The Cowboys have the most invasive owner in sports and one of the worst head coaches. And they're 35-22 in their last four seasons because of the amount of talent they've drafted.

This isn't a not getting enough out of the talent situation. There is no talent.

FJF likes this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Well, go on believing we have the worst talent in all of football. I don't believe that, to each their own though.

Weird you bring up McLendon though. Didn't JD just extend him for next year?

I just disagree with the talent aspect. Mac did draft quality players. Not enough but he has. Mac did bring in decent FA's and traded for players as well along the way.

I think the real problem was that he missed far too often at key positions for this team. Only really getting the QB position right, although that is still to be determined.

JD has a lot of work to do. However, this team is going to continue to be dog shit with our current HC at the wheel of this team. Ownership are a bunch of morons.

You can point your finger at whoever you would like at this point, It doesn't really matter at the end of the day, this team is a shit show. It will be unless major changes are ahead. I don't see that happening.

Noam and BacktoQueens like this.
  8. IDFjet

IDFjet Well-Known Member

Bless had a decent game--did give up a pass completion and whiffed on a tackle although I would rather he stay clear. Overall, very good day for him.

9. Jonathan_Vilma

No one said we have the worst talent in all of football. That's why we have four wins. Two of those four wins were vs. rookie quarterbacks.

But we nearly have the worst talent in football.

He traded for stop gap players and signed stop gap free agents that had no choice but to contribute because well they were the starters. But he also neglected extremely important parts of the team including edge rusher (two mid round attempts - third round pick Jordan Jenkins and Polite - cut) and offensive line (journey-man signings and two project draft selections in the 3rd and 6th rounds).

The lack of talent is extremely telling when no one even wants the majority of players we drafted and have since cut.

The worst teams in the NFL are going to win some games. The Dolphins with three wins and beating the Eagles and Colts are evident of that.

Just because we may have slightly better talent than the Dolphins or Lions, we can act like Maccagnan wasn't a trainwreck as a GM?

And we extended our run stuffing nose tackle. What a find by Maccagnan. He sure knows his run stuffing defensive lineman. So much so it took two top 6 picks in four years, a couple free agent signings and the highest paid ILB contract ever to finally have a good run defense,

#49 Jonathan_Vilma, Dec 1, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
    FJF likes this.
  10. BacktoQueens

BacktoQueens Well-Known Member

I think blaming this on "talent' while indirectly defending Gase, is just a really thin narrative.
    While injuries have hurt this team which wasn't that talent rich to begin with, we just got our doors blown off by the WORST team in football.......again.

That's on the coaching.

Case in point, where were the adjustments on offense when we were struggling on pass pro?
    There were none.
    We kept trotting out 11 personnel, even tho Crowder was not really being utilized anyway.
    Some TE help would've gone a long way, as would finally sending Bell on actual receiving routes from the backfield.
    Our run game lacks about as much imagination as possible, and we didn't even bother off tackle where the Bengals are weak.

Gase never has a Plan B, and can not figure out how to adjust to an ineffective game plan.

Team was also flat and almost disinterested......again.

Those things are not talent related, and were all huge factor in this game.

Noam likes this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Oh for sure. Gase was bad today. He's Mr. No Adjustments and the way the running game is operated is easily the laziest aspect of game planning I think I've ever seen. But that doesn't mean he's working with anything worthwhile.

Just because Gase sucks doesn't mean the roster is anything more than what the record says they are.

94Abraham likes this.
  12. Wahoo

Wahoo Well-Known Member

How’s the O line doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

13. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

What difference does it make where the problem came from? How long is this going to make losing acceptable? When do you start looking at what exists in the present and deal with it and find a way to improve?

14. Jonathan_Vilma

What are you talking about? We were analyzing why the roster is so bad and whether or not Maccagnan was an OK GM or not.

I'll make my own Jets mock off-season when the season creeps closer to an end.

In the mean time, we will discuss all things football, past and present, if thats ok with you.

15. maynardsmyhero-uk

maynardsmyhero-uk Well-Known Member

Austin actually looks a decent CB , has size , decent skills and is physical. Outside of Poole he is only CB that should return next year.

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Well, I’d say the losing becomes unacceptable when you can determine precisely who or what the problem is and can remedy it. If you think the problems left by the last coach and gm were fixable in one offseason for the coach and 3 months after the draft and free agency for the gm then fire people now. Otherwise you eat the season and see how things work with a full offseason of the new pair working together.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  17. Ralebird

What I'm talking about is the huge dead horse that some here insist on beating, some to continue a years old gripe, some to attempt to take the heat off the current coaching staff..

Those are the only groceries available; if you're going to eat, that's what's in the pantry - deal with it. The brothers Johnson have made it that way so all the rehashing of history won't change it. The problem here is we could have the larder loaded with lobster and filets and those in charge of the preparation would still make it taste like gruel.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

So we cannot discuss the past because it beats a dead horse? There's on Jets football game a week. Everything around here is beating a dead horse. Complaining about the content of discussion as you are is just annoying and unnecessary. The topic came up. It was debate as to if he was as bad as some say advertised as myself and MeanDean did not share the same viewpoint on it.

But by saying the past is the past, you're not adding to that debate one way or another.

With one of the worst talent pools in the NFL and your top two quarterbacks done for the the first five weeks of the season (minus the mono Bills game), it's easy to absolve the coaching staff. Gase hasn't been good. And I think he's a shitty in-game adjuster. But he's not really working with a lot.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Ralebird

r
    That would be fine if there was only one problem to find. There has been a multipronged attack on success rather than a multi pronged attempt at success.

While there are people here who envisioned going deep into the playoffs this season, most cooler heads knew that kind of talent level did not exist and many predicted the coaching staff was incapable of assembling a silk purse from the sow's ear on the table. To go into a season believing in a fantasy is as inane as writing a season off because that fantasy cannot come true. You don't "eat the season" and accept the worst coaching seen here in decades any more than accept the worst play from any player; you take immediate, concerted action to win football games. The idea that because the team is lacking in playmakers pathetic performance both on the field and on the sidelines is acceptable just does not fly.

20. Ralebird

Do you see what you did here? In eleven consecutive words you contradicted yourself. You can't have it both ways. You cannot absolve the coaching staff and at the same time say they have not been good if they have not gotten the best possible performance from themselves and the team they have. If Gase and his staff were good it would be reflected in the standings. They wouldn't need to be 8 - 4 to have done their job properly but the Jets personnel that exist today should not have lost yesterday and yesterday was not the season's only failure.

#60 Ralebird, Dec 2, 2019
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.