Article...Jets defense among best in the NFL

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 27, 2019.

1. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

His desire for power and throw people the bus and his constant need to re-invent the truth to make himself look good are examples of being insecure. Constant small little unneccessary self serving lies like when he said he was for resigning Myers after game one but at least two beat writers quickly pointed out both he and Mac were on record as against resigning Myers. Truth in a Gase world is constantly charging.

The book on Gase from the people in Miami was that Gase was really bright but his biggest failing is has a constant need to prove on a daily basis that he is the smartest guy in the room. This has been exactly what we have seen in NY. Powet plays, temper tantrum at the draft, lies, blaming others for his mistakes, squables and fights. Gase is the definition of insecure.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  2. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Pretty mindless reporting given that while in Miami and after Miami Gase has said he didn't want the power thrown on him. He has been consistent in his comments that GMs are better at their jobs than HC who also play GM. So I don't see where this imagined idea that he's power hungry.

I honestly don't remember the Myers comments but again, don't see where that indicates that he's power hungry. Having an opinion on the roster you're going to coach is far different than being power hungry and wanting total control.

To me sounds like a typical case of the media looking for a story and making incidents fit the agenda. I haven't seem anything out of the ordinary that's real and gives any proof that Gase and Williams have a problem. If anything to me it would be the guy who's unit is staring, who has a history as a HC, who may be desperate to get another chance. One that's unlikely to happen that I would dissect to see if he's the one causing problems. Who has the problem being a subordinate

And as I asked, where are the reports that there has been or is a problem between the two?

joe, Acad23 and Mogriffjr like this.
  3. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

If he was power hungry I don't think he would have given TOTAL control of the defense to Williams. I think he trusts Williams & doesn't have a problem with him. I also think if he was a control freak he wouldn't have listened to Sam suggestions about what he likes & dislikes in the offense. He listened to Sam adjusted his offense accordingly & has seen it pay off.

dmw, NCJetsfan, NY Jets68 and 3 others like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Link?

5. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

When you come to terms with the concept that people often say what they want you to hear rather than what is actually occurring the conversation can continue.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Just say you think he lied.

No need to sugar coat it...

7. Ralebird

That would be singling him out. It doesn't even piss me off. Politicians are another story.

8. LF911SC

Nice answer.

When you come to terms that I believe his words and his actions over a poster with no knowledge that he's actually what you accused of him of then come back for more.
    Until then know this, my opinions, based on his words, based on the words of others carry more weight, so don't tell me what conversation can continue.

Its over. Because I'm done

Nasty deusche

9. Ralebird

No need for the childish name calling; if you disagree just say so instead of acting like you're still in middle school.

This certainly would not have been the first thing brought to light that has been proven to be untrue. And if you don't believe that people in the public eye lie to the press for a multitude of reasons you're not giving yourself enough chance to sift through all the bullshit or your naivete simply won't allow it.

10. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

EGOTISTICAL, insecure maniac.

But Parcells was a pretty good coach!

11. joe

joe Well-Known Member

When YOU come to terms with the concept
    that people often say what they want you to hear
    rather than what is actually occurring
    the conversation can continue.....sniff, sniff..

[​IMG]

. .nasty german? . or smug douche?

. .go with smug douche.

FJF and LarryAlRalph like this.
  12. LF911SC

You made a statement.
    I replied with what has been reported and what has been said by Gase. He didn't try to become the GM along with being HC when hired. He didn't try to become the GM when Macc was fired. I don't know how or where anyone has come up with anything that says he's power hungry or wants control. Anywhere.

13. LF911SC

LOL

14. Ralebird

What statement did I make that says he's power hungry or wants control? Anywhere?

15. LF911SC

Do you understand how this works?

I responded to a post that he was power hungry in Miami. Responded in defense of Gase being power hungry. .

You replied to the contrary.

That means to most that you agree with what you're arguing.

Or its just the need to argue perhaps?

16. joe

joe Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Doesn't he just remind you of trump?

Noam likes this.
  17. JetsAreBadForYourHealth

JetsAreBadForYourHealth Well-Known Member

Williams has done a nice job playing to the strengths of what we have. Thought he was a bit to blitz happy early on in the season. But really for him to be getting this out of the no names we have, very impressive. But he's a savvy veteran coach who's fanatical borderline crazy passion is rubbing off on this D.

18. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

What I like about this defense is that we traded a "key player" in Leonard Williams and got better. Good teams know when to cut ties with a big name whether that is because his production no longer warrants the time/money being given to him or they simply are being offered good trade value for that player that exceeds what he is worth.

Another aspect to why this is great is that it shows we are actually developing talent that increases the replacement value for that "star player" that can step in and fill his shoes if need be. Fatukasi, Phillips, and Shepard in addition to Anderson, Quinnen, and McLendon is a very good line in its own right.

Because of this trade we now have 8 picks in the next 2 drafts and I assume we will look to get more for 2020. This is how a good team is built. We need to try to dominate now AND in the future by just bringing in talented players that look to improve every day with the right coaching staff.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  19. Ralebird

No. I did not. If you want to continue with that assertion, show it.

I simply cautioned that people make self serving statements that often are not supportable by facts. In sports this is prolific.

Why take such a leap just to argue?

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member