Greg Williams best Jet defense recently?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by FrontOfficeFanatic, Nov 25, 2019.

1. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Rex's teams won.

At least early on.

As always if these guys want recognition they have to win football games. No one cares to hear how good a defense is if the team is 1-7, 2-7, 3-7 etc.

Win these next two games then they get the acid test in Baltimore on MNF. What Baltimore did to New England and Houston is still fresh in people's minds.

If this defense wants recognition they'll get a golden opportunity to make a statement in three weeks but first they must win these next two games.

2. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

Wonder if Gregg Williams goes out to bars and does things normal people do.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Revis would take the #1 WR out of the game .....He would either shut them out or they would have a few catches for not many yards....He had the #1 defense in the league....Williams doesnt...There really isnt a comparison for me.His defense won us games and brought us deep into the playoffs.Go rewatch the Patriots vs Jets divionsal round game its one of the greatest defensive performances against Bill Belichek ive ever seen.

4. Jets007

Jets007 Well-Known Member

I wonder if this #1 rushing D can stop Lamar Jackson's running game.

5. LF911SC

LF911SC Well-Known Member

Maybe Maye will become that crucial piece but really he's sucked this season.

6. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

To Me GW has done a hell of a lot more development with a hell of a lot less talent in year one that I can remember in a long time. Better D, certainly not, but damned good development, digging deep with some rookies that were selected to sit on the practice squad at the start of the year. If GW had Rex’s defensive talent including a total shut down corner on this squad IMO we are in the hunt for a wild card, non withstanding the myriad of mishaps, like mono, no kicker, and no back up QB to play in three games. I’m giving GW my respect, and let’s compare defenses again in three years after some competent drafts to bolster this team. If we for once get a no shit Pass rusher, and a top corner, we will be singing GW praises

LF911SC likes this.