L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Zach

Zach Well-Known Member

Clearly you have never heard of this "negative" production. Yeah. There. I said it.

2. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I think we'll have two 5ths (one ours, and one from the Giants). I doubt that the Giants sign Leon early, so we'll get a 3rd and 5th from them, not a 3rd and 4th.

AJT73 likes this.
  3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I hope that you're right, because even though I'm happy that the team apparently has more talent than we thought and Gase and Williams are better coaches than we thought, the thought of missing out on a bevy of draft picks to trade down with some team looking to trade up into the top 10 is kind of depressing. It would have helped the rebuilding process move along a lot quicker.

4. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

dude he might not even come. He said this before teh hip injury when he was battling some lesser ones. This guy has an official injury history now and the hip is a bad one. If hes not 100% he might stay in school....if he comes out and teh hip isnt 100% theres a HUGE chance he drops out of 1st round

5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I'll be praying until March that the Giants re-sign him. What a fucking blessing that would be.

sec314 likes this.
  6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

lol we're talking about the draft already. That's fine.

Look, we're in a new era. Gone are the days of the NY Jets picking near the top of the draft. We'll finish this season between 7-9 and 9-7 which has us picking between 13th and 19th, which is probably the highest we will pick for the duration of Sam Darnolds run with the Jets.

We'll no longer be debating which QB is better, or if the top rated pass rusher would be a better pick than the top rated LT. Those guys will be long gone.

We'll be back to hoping this guy or that guy falls to us. We'll be back to debating if it's worth trading UP for this guy or that guy, like when we traded up a bit for some DB we never heard of named Darrelle Revis.

In a way, it will be nice debating about more than just the top 3 prospects. The world of college football will be our oyster (minus the first 20-25 guys who will be gone by the time we pick).

NE has drafted at or near the bottom for the last 15 drafts, and they're still one of the best teams because of Tom Brady.

We can do it too because we have Sam Darnold.

JoeD!!!!!

BrickcityJet likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

We'll finish this season between 4-12 and 9-7. There are no gimmies, especially with this team.

8. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Sources?

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

We haven't quite fleeced the Giants just yet. We've first got to draft two players who contribute come draft day.

10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Really not much of a deal unless Douglas drafts two starters or atleast one..What we do with those picks will determine the deal.

11. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

rumblings. I have my ear to the street. I also heard doctors say theres a 20% chance he doesnt heal properly

12. DefenseWinsChampionships

My thoughts as well. It's all about HITTING on our picks before using terminology such as fleeced.

I will say this. I liked Leonard Williams a lot. I loved how he held his own within the trenches against the run and how despite low sack #s his QB hits were top 5. I was worried after losing Mo, Sheldon, Harrison over the years etc and how we would play without him but seeing how our defense has responded without him I'm thankful for 3rd & 5th selections without having to pay monster money for him when we have Q to develop and an O-Line to rebuild.

But for we all know Leonard Williams will anchor another 4-3 NYG D-Line, cause major havoc and our Jets draft two duds. I wish Leo the best great memory of him picking up Darron Lee like a ragdoll and moving him aside kid had good intentions, was a leader, stayed out of trouble and completed on Sunday's. Leonard Williams was never the problem so hopefully his replacements come draft night can become a solution to hopefully O-Line and even then I can't say fleeced because I've seen worse; Leonard Williams was a good football player for us and I just hope N.E and Belly never get their hands on him Richard Seymour pt. 2 you let Belly use him right part of the problem he's never been utilized all over the D-Line with a PASS RUSHER behind him. You put an OLB with great pass rushing ability and I promise you Leo will have great seasons.

ouchy likes this.
  13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Love you bro but it IS a deal! it’s a great deal!

Williams was NOT being re-signed and the real win here is that we are MUCH better AFTER he left.

There are like six different great wins in this one single trade even if the picks suck.

sorry

14. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Those aren’t reliable sources but okay lol we’ll see what’s up with him by February/March.

jonnyd likes this.
  15. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

staying out of trouble does not make a great player

Lawrence Taylor is on line 2.......

give it a rest

94Abraham likes this.
  16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Agreed. Guys staying out of trouble shouldn't be praised. It should just be expected and the norm. I can't stand when people say, "Oh he's such a good guy and stays in his lane and out of trouble" -- You're supposed to be doing that. No need to praise it.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There's no way he risks it. What if he goes back to college and isn't the same Tua after the injury? He now hurt his draft stock and cost himself millions.

I heard the same thing but the percentage was closer to 10% and it was thought that the injury could take two years to fully heal but in a best case scenario he'd be ready to play in November/December.

I think even with that notion, he's a top 20 pick. Teams are willing to wait if you're going to be Andrew Luck thereafter. He'd be a fool to to back to college.

Red Menace likes this.
  18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Why when stats show up to now we flunk on most of our draft choices :mad:

19. sec314

sec314 Well-Known Member

I was not aware Dave Gettleman was a poster Have you seen this guy play for the last 5 years? Every year it was something else. Remember we had Wilkerson and Sheldon with him. He is what he is and that ain't nothing but a run stopper and not even a great one. The Giants have to sign him so unless he gets 6-8 million a year, anything more and they are total morons

94Abraham likes this.
  20. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

He has Patriots written all over him. They'll take him & sit him behind Brady for a year or two & he'll hit the ground running when Brady retires.