Who can tell me who these imposters are playing on the NY Jets?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Stagman, Nov 24, 2019.

1. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

Jokes aside I was very impressed with the Jets today. Finally, I saw a team that was hitting on all cylinders? On both sides of the ball. If they can perform like they did today, we could easily finish the season 9-7. Not sure if that is enough to get us in the playoffs, but I would be happy to see that finally things came together. If we nail both the free agency and the draft we could be a competitive team. In case we do make it to the playoffs I would love to face the pats again and beat the shit out of them.

2. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Demarius Thomas is a really solid guy. Get more guys like him and shore up the o-line and we're in bidness.

Still and all, the Raiders drops on the first couple possessions doomed them. Jets aren't getting lucky like that against a decent team

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I would like to see the Jets bring DT back......good veteran to have around. Slightly past his prime but a dependable route runner and good locker room guy. He shouldn’t break the bank either.

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

9-7?

sadly can’t see it

but 7-9 is my new floor

8-8 is my new prediction

that’s crazy to say

5. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

How ever this season goes, I just hope that for next season they are prepared from the begging, and not clicking half way through the season.

KurtTheJetsFan and Jets81 like this.
  6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Next year's schedule: Pats 2x, Bills 2x, Dolphins 2x, Chiefs, Raiders, Chargers, Broncos, 49ers, Seahawks, Rams, Cardinals, AFC North team, AFC South team. So we'd better be prepared in the beginning, middle, and end, or we're gonna be toast.

Brook! and Stagman like this.
  7. boozer32

boozer32 Well-Known Member

Who is DT?

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

For Jets fans DT normally refers to delirium tremens.

9. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Demaryius Thomas WR

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

If the Jets beat Cincy & Miami they will be playing a meaningful game in Baltimore on MNF in mid December.

Who could've imagined that at points this season?

It'd be truly remarkeable stuff. Almost twilight zone like.

NYJetsO12 and boozer32 like this.
  11. WarriorRB28

Same here.

I get the feeling that IF the Jets were to somehow face the Patriots again this season they would NOT get shutout again and they woud NOT get blown out again.

The Jets would be a very dangerous playoffs opponent for the Pats. One of the more dangerous if not the most dangerous opponent (in the AFC) they could face.:)

12. WarriorRB28

I'm so happy.

This is my favorite time of the year so when the Jets are going good it makes it even better.

All I can ask for now is for the chance to get to 500 against Baltimore in prime time in three weeks. That would be a big one, a chance to make a statement.

I haven't bothered to dissect the AFC playoffs picture yet. Hopefully some of these teams we need to lose start to lose. Cleveland beat the Jets so I know they have the tiebreaker. Thankfully three of the teams ahead of them Pittsburgh, Baltimore & Buffalo are on the schedule so the Jets control their destiny to a extent.

13. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

We're in the "happy stretch" for sure. But, really, this was sort of how it was supposed to go wasn't it? We all looked at the schedule and knew that this point of the schedule was where we could catch-up to the bad start. It's just that we did not expect a horrendous start, thanks to injuries occurring within the same units, and of course Sam's mononucleosis. But Chris did the right thing, fired Adam Gase, and things just took off from there.

Acad23 likes this.
  14. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Thats a ROUGH line up to play probably 7-9 next year.

But if we want to be a GOOD team in this league we have to be able to beat other good teams. not jut beat up on tankers and fake playoff teams.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  15. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

Damn... big opportunity wasted this year with our cupcake schedule.

16. LogeSection2RowJ

Haha, I love looking at NEXT year's opponents and predicting a W/L record. Too funny. Can we also take a peak at 2021? I'm thinking 10-5-1.

17. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

yeah why not? Isnt it always about next year with this team?

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The NFL changes so drastically every year that's it's tough to say whether that's a tough schedule or not.

Brady retires, Rivers leaves in FA for the Bears or Titans, the Rams continue to regress with all their big money contract and Russell Wilson tears his ACL, and suddenly the schedule is much easier.

mrjet80, NCJetsfan, Brook! and 3 others like this.
  19. LogeSection2RowJ

It's just that there's so much parity, and hot and cold streaks due to injuries that its pointless to tell based on a future opponent. Home or away is a factor too. Sure, we can have an idea of our roster and progress, but the opponents? Why bother?

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

Yeah man, that Tyrell Williams drop that would've been a first down KILLED them. Carr looked good at the start of the game but that one seemed to ruin the confidence he had with his receivers. Different offense after that drive.