2019 NFL Week 13: New York Jets at Cincinnati Bengals

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 24, 2019.

1. DefenseWinsChampionships

After a 1-7 start?

To not think, but now know that with a win over the Bengals, followed up with a revenge win against Miami and we're then sitting @ 6-7 overall before heading into a huge game against the Ravens featuring Lamar Jackson vs. Sam Darnold while on a FIVE (5) game win streak? With an offense that's clicking under Gates/Darnold/Bell and a Gregg Williams led defense being led by Jamal Adams that's fighting?

Sign me the heck up man these next two games are huge in terms of being season savior(s) in order to set up a Jets vs. Ravens matchup with dare I say it; AFC postseason implications?

I'm excited for the first time since our opening day blown lead that turned into an 0-1 start. And then the Darnold disaster happened with an illness. From there the backup QB struggles took place before losing to the winless Dolphins. Before this 3 game eruption of blowout wins I was on the edge of just throwing the towel in on our 2019 suck fest. But then it happened; back to back to back wins with Darnold looking great and now we've got some hope for the first time as a fan base this year.

This game against the Bengals is huge for our young team with momentum I hope to see his crush the Bengals for 4 wins in a row. I'll take a 2-0 win just win and give us hope.

Longsuffering88 and LAJet like this.
  2. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

I'm still a Gase hater, BUT

Trouncing the Bengals will go a long way toward convincing me the team we've seen the last three weeks is for real, AND it will provide a tiny bit of evidence that these won't be the same old Jets.

Noam likes this.
  3. truthbtold

truthbtold Well-Known Member

If we play the run vs Cincy like we've been doing, I have no fear of being beaten by Ryan Finley. I'm much more concerned about shitting the bed vs Fitz again.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  4. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Win the games you should and then go 500 Versus others

I means pats are Easy 5-1 or 6-0 every single fucking year in the division

That’s 10-6 without getting out of bed

sad but soon to end
    (I hope)

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

We definitely have no chance against Baltimore but it will be nice to finally play a meaningful game in primetime, late in the season

6. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

We ain’t making the playoffs, but it will be fun to make a few teams sweat as they watch us get close.

FJF and TwoHeadedMonster like this.
  7. Patriot

Patriot Well-Known Member

I hope I do not give the Jets any bad luck when I say they should easily win this game and get revenge against Miami next. If so the Jets will be 6-7 with three difficult games against the Steelers, Ravens, and Bills.

I think I predicted a 7-9 season for the Jets during the previous early poll for this season. So I guess I still have a chance to be right.

I wonder if the Fire Gase crowd will now give this guy a chance. I am not suggesting he is a great coach, but I think the media, especially the Giant loving NY media, has been unfair to him. This is the same media that pronounced Daniel Dimes Jones the best QB in NY and still does. I think his name should be Danny Give The Ball Away Jones.

The sun is starting to shine for the Jets and I hope it stays that way for the rest of the season.

8. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

For old times sake:

Trap Game

9. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Finley will remain the starter.

10. JetFanInPA

JetFanInPA Well-Known Member

I've always felt the Jets are worst when expectations are high. After a convincing win against Oakland people are starting to mention "playoffs" and "6-7". We've already seen the Gase-coached Jets flop hard in a big spot this season so I'm really hoping they or nobody overlooks the Bengals. I'm pretty excited and encouraged by this streak, but also know this team is capable of losing to Cincinnati. Not saying I'm predicting they will, but not getting ahead of myself and hope the Jets don't either.

NYJetsO12, CotcheryFan and Cman68 like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Bengals play teams close. They lost one possession games in Buffalo and Seattle. They also have a much better secondary than any of the teams we've beaten so far. This will be more of a dog fight than advertised against an 0-10 team.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  12. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Just depends which Jets team shows up. If the recent one does, 34-10 is not a crazy prediction. If the Jets play down or have an off day, it could be close. The last 2 games were close because the Raiders and Steelers Offenses are not very good. The Jets Offense is on fire. So we will see.

13. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I think we’re going to win this.

The way we’re playing now is totally different from how we played the first 6 games. It’s like a totally different team. That’s a good thing!

I hope they keep that same energy from Sunday and we steamroll Cincy.

14. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Hard to imagine a loss here.

Dominating on offense and defense as of late. Beat a shitty Washington team and coming off a good win against a playoff hopeful Oakland team.

I think we win this one big again.

15. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I expect Revis to shutdown Ocho Cinco

Andy_M, FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Child please

All Gas No Shake, FJF and stinkyB like this.
  17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Nah Im more interested in talking about how shitty Met Stadium is rather then win games:mad:

18. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Just ask Brook she has done pretty good lately:mad:

Acad23 likes this.
  19. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So start a thread on how shitty MetLife Stadium is and stop spamming this thread about it, Champ.

20. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Self-defence mechanism to stop the hurt when the worst happens. :D

PennyandtheJets likes this.