L. Williams Traded to Giants

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by grkmanga31, Oct 28, 2019.

1. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

$14 million. Yeah I know, but he is a high 1st pick playing on his 5th year option.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Apparently when Sam said he was seeing ghosts, he was talking about Leo. And now that Leo's gone, he isn't seeing ghosts anymore.

NYJ79, Mark Lattimer, K'OB and 10 others like this.
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Top 10 post of year

knock wood

4. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Addition by subtraction.

A heist of a trade.

It'll be a fifth rounder I don't think Gettleman will be around to make the call to re-sign this bust. LOL what was he thinking?

I doubt the Giants or any other team are stupid enough to pay this guy big bucks.

Hidden production my @ss!! Terrible football player.

BleedJetsGreen1981 likes this.
  5. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

The DL rotation is excellent. Keeps everyone fresh.

Quinnen, Phillips, Folo, Shepard, McClendon, Anderson all do their part in being the best run defense in the league.

6. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

As one said addition by subtraction. He's a first rounder. He has to play. Unfortunately not a good football player. Your post shows why you don't have to spend a first rounder on a dtackle. Everyone you mention except for Quinnen is a late round pick, free agent pick up, an undrafted free agent. Too many resources have been spent drafting on the dline. It's nice to have an extra 3rd and 5th. Maybe we get lucky and get the 4th.

7. Wah

Wah Well-Known Member

mine boggling how many busts we draft in round 1

8. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Will be a very high 3rd too which just makes the trade that much better.

9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Leonard Williams was traded after the Jacksonville loss. Since that time the Jets defense has yielded only 49 rushing yards per game on average. By far the best in the league

all that talk about his hidden production and run defense stats from PFF appears to be bullshit

Acad23, Brook!, NCJetsfan and 5 others like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The guy was one of the all time slowest players out if his stance I've ever seen. Which is tough to do considering we also had Dewayne Robertson here for 5 seasons.

Acad23 likes this.
  11. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I think we are picking at 9 or 10 right now after the win. I figure we'll win a few more as well. So we'll probably pick between 10-15. I don't think we'll be at a position to trade back for someone to come up and get a qb or someone else at that point. Someone can fall or someone could want another player and we could drop a few spots back and add (which I think we will do) but the huge haul we thought we might get for the top 5 pick we had a few weeks ago seems to have passed.

Today we sit with a 1, 2, two 3s, a 4, 5, 6, and 7. I think we will trade back in the first round or even the second to get more picks. I think we'll pick up more picks and really look to get more olinemen, cbs and wrs. Time will tell.

NCJetsfan and tomdeb like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

We could potentially fall in the absolute perfect spot if Tua falls. I'll always root for the team to win as many games as possible regardless of draft position, but there are a lot of potential first round quarterbacks that there might be a LOT of movement where we end up.

First round locks
    Joe Burrows (LSU)
    Justin Herbert (Oregon)
    Tua Tagovailoa (Alabama)
    Likely first rounders
    Jacob Eason (Washington)
    Jake Fromm (Georgia)

There's a big drop off after that. KJ Costello (Stanford) was a thought for the second round at the beginning of the year but he's had a bad year and been hurt. Jordan Love of Utah State has Mahomes-like arm talent but doesn't seem to grasp the game yet. Does a team like enough of what they've seen our of Jalen Hurts' passing improvement?

It's a good draft to maneuver in if you don't need a QB of the future. If you do, teams are going to be fighting tooth and nail to move up and grab them.

13. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

I believe when the dust settles, Fromm, Burrows will be the only two QBs that will be sought after.

Tuas injury will push him down farther than we expect.

14. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Kevin Zeitler had as many tackles as Leo Williams yesterday.

15. chandler

chandler Well-Known Member

16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I agree. Between 10-15 if Tua comes out is where I am hearing. With teams like the Chargers, Saints, Patriots, and some other teams behind us who are looking for a qb we could get lucky. Looking at the schedule we have three winnable games. Bengals, Dolphins and Steelers. Ravens will be a tough one and the Bills in the last game probably won't be playing for anything probably so we might be able to win. Sounds crazy but we might get to 7 and maybe even 8. That probably gets us to the 15th pick. Crazy. Three weeks ago we were competing for the number 1 pick. Ugh. This team reminds me of the 15 team with Fitzpatrick. Hitting its stride late in the season. Teams don't want to play us but will fall short of the playoffs.

Cman68 likes this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

So, message to everyone: Don't continue rooting for Leo to play poorly! If it continues they won't resign him! We need them to resign him. I hope Leo gets six sacks in December. Big Blue Leo.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I like Burrows the most. He can make all the throws, moves around well and transformed that offense. I also don't see him benefitting a ton from easy screens and what not like a lot of other college quarterbacks do. I mean they do run them, but it's not the focal point of the offense ala Washington State.

I don't like Herbert at all and I'm not just saying that because they lost. I've been against him for much of the season. He's the prototypical one read quarterback that will come in and struggle to adjust to NFL defenses.

Tua's a generational talent with the best deep ball in a very long time. It'll be interested to track his recovery as he is estimated to have a MUCH tougher road than for example an ACL tear.

I don't think Fromm has the arm strength in terms of velocity outside the numbers/over the middle 15-20 yards down the field. He floats the ball a lot, stands behind a brick wall of an offensive line with one of the Nation's best running game. He reminds me a ton of AJ McCarron. And I couldn't figure out why McCarron wasn't more highly thought of until we saw him routinely get beat out for starting spots.

Eason has all of the physical tools, but makes some mind blowing decisions. He (and to be fair it's on the rest of his team as well) is super inconsistent. He also doesn't have great touch and thinks everything needs to be a fastball. I think he can be a good pro but he needs to sit for a year and REALLY sit for a year and be in a situation with a good coach.

Just my take. Hurts can also be a flavor of the month kind of quarterback. At the very least he's such a hard worker that he's going to be a good backup. I could see him in New England. He has the arm but he floats a lot of balls himself. But man does he win games. Just my take. I would be for drafting Hurts if he falls deeeep into the draft (5th-7th). He'd be a good player to develop and deal a couple years later.

BonScott, NCJetsfan and Red Menace like this.
  19. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Kind of makes the argument for "hidden" production.

Brook! and joe like this.
  20. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

that hip injury could easily knock Tua out of the first round. Have to see how hes feeling come draft time