Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

but did you really need to see that stat to know weve been destroyed by injuries?

2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Nah, but it says a lot about the type of players that are injured. Say another team has 10 players on IR too, but those players only account for $2M. That means those 10 players aren't key starters. So when the Jets' 10 players on IR account for $48M, you KNOW those are some key starters out for the season. Thats' all.

3. Quinnenthebeast

Quinnenthebeast Well-Known Member

Since it is week 12, I think with this win Gase deserves to play out the rest of the season (not like hes going to be fired anyway). I am still not of the mindset that he should automatically stay after the season though. I think its reasonable to expect wins over the Dolphins, Bengals and then 1 win of the last three (Ravens, Steelers, Bills) to get them to 7-9. That is kind of where I thought they would go anyway, but imo that should be about the criteria to judging whether Gase deserves to coach another year.

4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

For me it boils down to how they play and how Gase coaches. If they continue to do what they've done the past three weeks, and especially today, they should beat the Bengals and Dolphins, and be competitive in the other three (hopefully winning 1 or more). But if they revert to how they played the first 7 weeks, then I go back on the Dump Gase Wagon.

blackssmagic, NYJetsO12 and MJK like this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

6. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Exactly they need to close the season strong....if they win 7 or 8 games in a season when your QB got mono and you have no OL I'll just shut up till next season. Lets also not forget the Vegas over\under win total for the Jets this year was 7.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

While the Vegas odds didn't take mono into account, they did take Gase into account.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

absolutely but your logic is flawed- What if a team ( too lazy to find examples) is missing 30 MM in players on IR but theyre over the hill over priced slobs? See what I mean. My only point was, we definitely knew before they flashed that stat today that we had massive injuries.....put another wya, lets say CJ Mosely was a 3rd year player....hed still be just as awesome but he wouldnt be making shit

9. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I don't even like Gase...but I also never thought the Jets were any better then a .500 team this year.

10. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Can this be the NBA ? I vote Sam for Player Coach...the Kid teaching the Off Genius imo lol

The first 7 game fiasco was on Gase all things being equal (poor OL injuries etc) ...the only difference is Darnold guys...HE not Gase understood what was going wrong and made a case to the HC to fix things!

Gase is lucky to have Sam and was smart enough to listen...Gase can't screw up a good thing (or can he??)

That said ..probs to our Defensive Coordinator. No teaching needed for G Williams who has turned around the D into NFL leaders

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, he reportedly met with Darnold when Darnold made it happen. As the coach it should have been Gase who made it happen and it shouldn't have taken half the season being burned before it did. Until that thinking changes he faces an uphill battle.

Now, as far as the substance of that meeting, recognizing what worked and what didn't work, how could that have escaped the brightest offensive mind of a quarterback whispering offensive guru or genius?

NYJetsO12 and Jets81 like this.
  12. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I was unhappy the day Chris Johnson hired Gase. I wanted McCarthy. But he's the coach and firing him three weeks ago would have made NO sense at all, and probably would set the franchise back as hard as that may be to even believe. Who'd want to coach here if he could get fired so quickly with all that went wrong? Joe Douglas is here because of Gase. Even if that was handled stupidly they had to get a full season in together. Not a few months.

It was ridiculous talk unless the team revolted which we know is not the case. Gase doesn't deserve all the credit now either. Apparently Greg Williams is getting to know the strengths and weaknesses of what he has to work with too. We are now seeing creativity on offense with Bell catching passes, some trickery, and Berrios of all people breaking off a long one. We are learning that Sam is very involved in what the offense will become. I'd like it to go a bit further with Bilal and Le'Veon in split sets, but I'm certainly no play calling genius. Let's hope things keep trending upward, and we don't have firing discussions dominating talk around here.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

that tweet doesn't make any sense. Some remedial English perhaps is in store for Connor Hughes. "Ryan Griffin on Adam Gase keep team together" is he a caveman?

Also, why would Ryan Griffin refer to Adam Gase as a "that."

14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Seems that VoC from Johnson has worked wonders... The offense suddenly works, the defense is playing up to its capacity and both coaches are pushing the right buttons at the right time. Kudos to Gase and Williams for this turnaround. Now lets all hope they can keep it up for the rest of the season going into 2020.

15. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

But CBS would NEVER flash meaningless stats! (lol)

16. cval

cval Well-Known Member

More importantly our young guys are stepping up. Especially our young corners. The only opening day starter left on the o-line is Beachum. Coaching is better yes but replacing our entire o-line and corners has actually helped this team.

94Abraham and Cman68 like this.
  17. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Please close this thread as to not embarrass Jets fans any more than they already are. It’s bad enough Jets fans fully funded someone’s twitter marketing.

Gase will be back next year as he should be.

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not to mention that the number is super inflated by Trumaine Johnson ($15 million) and Kalil ($8 million). The team is way better off without both of them.

cval likes this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

/Closed....

20. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Jets could have easily imploded after losing 7 of 8 to start the season.

The excuses were many.
    Injuries.
    Illness.
    Lack of talent.
    Tough schedule.

But Adam Gase never blinked...never wavered...hasn't told the owner to fuck off yet.

Whatever your feeling are toward Adam Gase...you have to admit he's done well to keep the team focused.