New York Jets went to see Colin Kaepernick

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by JetsFan, Nov 17, 2019.

1. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

This is all much simpler than this thread implies. There are three basic groups of folks to consider:

People who are capable of playing pro football while being a distraction (has included guys like Deion Sanders, Chad Johnson, Jim McMahon, Keyshawn, Gastineau, Michael Irvin, Bill Romanowski, etc.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People who are capable of playing pro football, but not if they're a distraction ( Includes every second, third, or fourth string player in the league, and most starters; has included Tebow, Kaepernick, Burfict, Terrell Owens at the end, Antonio Brown this year, Manziel maybe? I don't think he ever practiced, so who the hell knows)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    People who aren't capable of playing pro football (the rest of us.)

Anybody in the middle group can play in the NFL by A) not being a distraction, or B) getting better at football.

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The NFL has an obligation to let players stage protests at games?

Do you have anything that shows that?

GordonGecko likes this.
  3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What percentage of total pro football revenue do you think the NFL represents? Let me give you a hint, The CFL has total revenue of 32.5 million, the NFL is close to 30 Billion. Standard Oil had a smaller percentage of the total oil market when they were broken up.

4. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I didn’t say that. You are just making up an argument

5. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i said they were the biggest still not a monopoly though. mcdonalds is worth 106.4 billion. it doesn't mean they are the only burger place in town and that bob can't open up a burger shop even if he only makes very little. There are other leagues he could play in if he really wanted to play football and they wanted him and he declined. showcasing your skills in another league is a good way to get back in the NFL. Lots of ex NFL players have signed up for the relaunch of the XFL. kap has refused to play football for the past 3 years. never went to any teams. maybe it's pride, maybe he feels like he's too good to put in effort and teams should be calling him. but if it is, it's false pride. lots of people would kill for a chance to play in the NFL. kap just doesn't seem like he wants to at all

6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

What exactly am I making up?

You made it sound like the NFL is obligated to allow players to protest.

If not...then explain what "obligation" you're talking about.

7. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

His girlfriend doesn't want him playing football either...

[​IMG]

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  8. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Can one of you neanderthal patriots asplain to me what's so disrepectful about kneeling? I kneel in church all the time when I'm forced to go because of some funeral or wedding. Who am I disrespecting?

When I was in high school there were some places we'd play and black kids from other districts would stay seated for the national anthem. Pretty provocative and I thought pretty disrespectful. Kaep kneeling doesn't even remotely prompt anything near the same reaction for me. Sure, I'm a terrible American.

azhar80 and Ralebird like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

So if Kap sat that would be disrespectful...but kneeling is ok?

I couldn't give a crap either way.

Sit..stand..dance..stay in the tunnel..whatevs.

10. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

"Dude!" Pay attention!

You kept getting farther and farther away from the subject by rambling on and on about comparing Kaepernick to others and all I wanted you to do was support your assertion that he profited from the hullabaloo. You still haven't done that or admitted you can't because it is simply not true

You mentioned at least a half a dozen guys who are not relevant to your claim. You mentioned championships, honors and all sorts of other things that did not support your claim but each time got farther and farther away from how you started. Look at these links to your old posts you put up here and try to understand they don't support the argument you first posted. Focus, man, focus!

11. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Week 15. You're the GM for a day; you need to immediately hire a backup quarterback sight unseen based solely on their body of work on record; you will not have the opportunity to have anyone try out. Both candidates have equal experience with the system in use. Both will need to pass the same physical; both would get the same contract. Your starting QB has a wonky foot and is expected to start but it is unknown whether he can go the distance. This week's game is against a Division rival and will be instrumental in securing a playoff position.

David Fales or Colin Kaepernick?

azhar80 likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The franchises made their choice. They'd take their chances with David Fales rather than bring in the negativity publicity (justified or not) that Kaepernick brings in.

You've literally added nothing of substance to this debate. Everyone else brings up good points, yet you're focused on saying you're wrong because you said it different ways! And pulling things away from the context of what they were responded to.

I'm done with this debate though and we all should be. We won't agree and this is wasteful space that could be used to actually talk about the team.

You're welcome to feel bad for the multi-millionaire that is Colin Kaepernick. He's never coming back to the league. That's a fact. The NFL is ecstatic about that. And I think he's fine with that too. So these debates are useless.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it seemed pretty clear to me. the NFL cannot blacklist a player for having opinions.

14. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

What's the price of entry into the market for a fast food joint? What's the price of entry for a professional football league to compete with the NFL? The NFL operates as both a monopoly and a Cartel and is allowed to do it because they have an exemption from the government.

15. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

which makes this tryout totally bizarre. For some reason the NFL decided to poke the wound and stir everything back up to 100%. He was on the backburner, now it's a clownshow. And just to prove how big of an idiot Kaepernick is, he had a legit chance to get signed but in his (*cough* girlfriend's whipped *cough*) wisdom decided to spit on his prospective employers just like he spit on the flag & country/

dawinner127 likes this.
  16. GordonGecko

CFL obviously doesn't compare, but that league's annual revenue is about $220M.

17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

This had to have been part of the settlement he took. The only other reason this happened is because a team wanted to sign him and didn't want to approach him and needed a "shield" to take the backlash for signing him. Stephen A said that Atlanta was super interested which is why they volunteered to host the entire thing and then they didn't even attend when he moved the workout last minute.

18. GordonGecko

That tells me Atlanta was the only serious team out there, because they were going to take a risk and he reminded them how disrespectful and embarrassing he would be. The other teams didn't care because they weren't going to sign him anyways

19. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

lol i bet you think the earth is flat too.

20. Sec124DieHard

Sec124DieHard Well-Known Member

Colon Kaepernick is a PIECE OF SHIT.

Thread Closed.

Jets69 and GordonGecko like this.