Tua Tagovailoa's hip and his draft stock

Discussion in 'Draft' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 19, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So I was listening to the doctor that was on Francessa and he said there's a 90% chance that Tua returns to full form. Although this is an injury that can come with complications, and best case scenario is that he'd be ready for the tail end of his rookie year.

Don't forget that he has injuries to both ankles and what 3-4 surgeries in 2 years? He'll be better protected in the NFL. But his draft spot is going to be interesting. Are the Bengals and Dolphins willing to wait? Does he fall to a team that can afford to wait? And fall enough that the Patriots, Saints, Steelers, or team alike move up to get him and give up the ransom to do so?

I hope Tua can reach his full potential. His down field accuracy is something that I don't think I've ever seen our of a prospect. Luck is the best prospect since Manning and I think Tua's down field throwing is or was better.

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

is it the same injury that ended Bo Jackson's NFL career?

3. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No. Bo kept playing on it and did irreparable damage.
    Tua will still be a first round pick. That 5th year of control is so important with qbs and now in this situation even more as he is a definite red shirt rookie

4. BrowningNagle

He should go back to Alabama. sit out until November and then light it up the final couple weeks. he would without a doubt be the 1st overall selection then

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

No chance. He just saw his Winning lottery ticket almost get sucked out the window. He is going to cash it now .

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Reportedly he will 100% enter the draft.

Right. And as the doctor explained on WFAN, Bo ended up in a situation where it wasn't popped back in to place quick enough and as a result he lost blood flow to the socket which is what did him in I think. They popped Tua's back in immediately which is why they airlifted him out of the nearby stadium and got him onto the operating table ASAP.

But he still runs the risk of it not healing 100%. The actual tackle looked JUST like Bo's though.

jilozzo likes this.
  7. BrowningNagle

he plays for Alabama, an NFL rookie contract would be taking a pay cut

ConcordeChops and nyjetsmets89 like this.
  8. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll go first overall anymore. But barring more unexpected developments, there will be a team that takes him in the first round, even if he has to sit his entire rookie year. His talent is worth the risk.

9. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

top ten easy.....perhaps top 5 if his recovery avoids the dreaded avascular necrosis of the femoral head and surrounding tissue.

10. wewantsapp

wewantsapp Well-Known Member

Not a big fan. Guy seems very injury prone.
    Plus he’s got a long timed delivery/release.
    You can get away with that in college but not the pros.
    I might get torched by everyone on this but when I watch him throw, —- I see some Tim Tebow.

11. J-Raw24

J-Raw24 Well-Known Member

He is way more accurate than Tebow. He also is better reading defenses and does have a faster throwing motion. It maybe slowed than I would like but not Tebow slow. Just because people have weird throwing motions doesn't make them a bust look at Mahomes. I think he goes in the first. Maybe even to Miami who could potentially also get his blindside OT and top WR.

Miami could easily use the 3 picks they have in the first on all 3 alabama offensive "studs" and keep them together.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

His motion looks the same because all lefties look the same. Ask a lefty family member to throw a football. It's the same awkwardness as Michael Vick and Steve Young.

He does have a long throwing motion, but what makes him the real deal is his deep ball accuracy. It can't be taught. He's also very injury prone, but he has rare talents and he'll be better protected in the NFL.

I think he's the real deal if he recovers/can stay healthy. And I hope he recovers well so he's available at our pick and we can get a kings ransom for him.

J-Raw24 likes this.
  13. J-Raw24

Omg you mean lefties throw different than righties? I totally agree. I hope he looks great at the combine/pro day... I would love to get a bug trade on him.

14. jilozzo

torches and pitchforks!

15. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

burrow has to be 1st overall to the bengals IMO. i still think tua goes in the 1st. just mid to late. hopefully not to the pats. some potential landing spots i see are

chargers 10
    carolina 12
    TB 16
    Mia 22 or 23
    NE 29

Jonathan_Vilma and jilozzo like this.
  16. jilozzo

Absolutely no question he goes in round 1.....i don't think he gets out of the top 10 if health checks out.

17. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Don't be surprised if the Packers end up on that list

18. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

IDK rodgers has a good 5 years left and they are a playoff team. would make more sense for them to add win now talent

19. J-Raw24

You should add Jacksonville to the list. Minshew Mania won't be around long.

20. 101GangGreen101

101GangGreen101 2018 Thread of the Year Award Winner

Rodgers has already began to regress IMO, I don't know if he has 5 GOOD years left. Packers team IMO isn't all that impressive. They already have win now talent, they have the defense, the offensive line, maybe just need a receiver or 2.