Raiders are a good test in determining our progress

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by BudJet, Nov 19, 2019.

1. BudJet

BudJet Well-Known Member

Raiders are a good barometer for the Jets because they are a step up in competition from the Giants & Redskins, but they are a beatable team. This game will test our run defense vs. a better O-line than the past 3 games. If we can stop their running game, then I will consider the run defense legit. We are the #1 ranked run defense in the NFL...lets see if we can maintain our rank. If we can get to Carr with our pass rush, then I would say our defense has found something since letting big cat go. The Raiders O-line is in a different class than our past 3 opponents. Like I said they're good but beatable. This game will determine if the Jets are ready to take the next step in developing into a respectable team.

#1 BudJet, Nov 19, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2019
    Jedi mind tricks, twown, cval and 5 others like this.
  2. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

I agree 100%. It’s one of the few games we’ll truly be able to evaluate talent and true needs.

I’m not expecting a win here tbh, we’re still pretty bad. I’m expecting a close game though!

3. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

These next 3 games are really a good test. Oakland is a good team but beatable in NY. I agree with all components above. The Jets can lose but depending on how they play the feel good vibes may not completely disappear. The following game in Cincy is a test because this is another road game against a weaker opponent. Will the Jets continue to show up to play like the Redskins game or do they pull something similar as to the Miami game. The Dolphins rematch will also a good barometer.....a divisional rematch against a team that has already beaten them. How do the Jets match up against them a second time?

4. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

We have made progress??. I missed it.

5. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

I agree. They're a team perceived to be "on the up" and clearly are in a need of a victory to remain in the WC hunt, if not their division.

6. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

Another advantage is a west coast team flying east for a 1pm start. For them that's like crawling out of bed and suiting up. Not a HUGE advantage but hey, we'll take what we can get!

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I think it will be a close game and it will come down to witch QB makes the biggest mistake..

8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Vegas has us at +3

So there's that...

9. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Beating two of the league's bottom feeders in back to back weeks could create a false barometer of how much this team has really improved. A little worried about Sam with this piss poor O Line against their pretty legit young pass rushers in Crosby and Ferrell.

Brook! and grkmanga31 like this.
  10. GREG

GREG Well-Known Member

I think a better three game stretch that will show if the Jets are getting better are the last three games of the season.
    1. at Ravens
    2. vs Steelers
    3. at Bills

These opponents are tougher than the Raiders.

11. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

If they forget to move their clocks ahead 3 hours, the Jets have a pretty good shot

NCJetsfan likes this.
  12. cval

cval Well-Known Member

It is a step up since we were the worst team in the NFL two weeks ago.

FJF likes this.
  13. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Jets will definitely win this one as it sets up the ultimate painful ending to a Jets season. This season hasn’t quite been painful enough for Jets fans yet.

They will win 5 in a row and just when Jets fans are starting to feel some level of good they will get curb stomped by the Ravens on TNF. It’s happening so better brace yourselves for it now.

Leicester Jet and NCJetsfan like this.
  14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be nearly as disappointed in getting stomped by the Ravens in Baltimore with a top 2 MVP candidate as I would be watching the Jets lose 31-10 to the Raiders at home in a game that's essentially over at half time.

I fully expect us to get thwapped by the Ravens. Anything closer than a two score loss is a victory against that team right now.

Brook! likes this.
  15. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

I don’t see the Jets winning any game after the Dolphins. They will probably finish around 5-11 which is where they belong talent wise.

16. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

I think the Skins and Bungles are worse but sure we've definitely improved a little. I'll still be cautious to see how much this weekend against better comp.

17. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I just hope that they don't have a melt down like they did with the second patriots game.

18. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

It is a tough game time wise for Raiders, however the whole key is if the raiders can get pressure on Sam with 4 rushers If they do early Sam is not the same qb and the bad Sam shows up. No pressure and we win

19. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

I was optimistic before the 2nd Pats game and this game i am somewhat optimistic and hopefull. The momentum from a win could save the season and turn into a 5 game win streak. A loss and people here will be wanting to jump off a bridge again. The stakes are really high in this game.

Brook! and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Absolutely true. We can be the 2018 Browns and win 5 of 7 or jump into a terrible losing streak.

A lot of people get passes for this season if we win down the stretch, given the injury problems,m Darnold for a month, etc.