Jets PFF ratings from yesterday

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 18, 2019.

1. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

QB: Sam Darnold: 75.6

RB: LeVeon Bell: 69.1 Bilal Powell: 69.8

WR: Jamison Crowder: 80.5 Robby Anderson: 66.8 Demaryius Thomas: 70.7 Vyncint Smith: 42.5

OL: Kelvin Beachum: 79.7 Brandon Shell: 65.5 Jonathon Harrison: 52.1 Tom Compton: 58.6 Chuma Edoga: 47.2 Alex Lewis: 62.1

TE: Ryan Griffin: 86.7 Daniel Brown: 74.9

IDL: Folorunso Fatukasi: 64.3 Quinnen Williams: 60.1 Steve McLendon: 56.3 Nathan Shepard: 45.1

Edge: Henry Anderson: 70.4 Jordan Jenkins: 62.7 Kyle Phillips: 61.5 Tarrel Basham: 53.6

LB: James Burgess: 66.5 Neville Hewitt: 31.2 Brandon Copeland: 61.8

CB: Blessuan Austin: 77.2 Arthur Maulet: 62.3 Brian Poole: 55.5

S: Jamal Adams: 64.1 Marcus Maye: 63.2

Highlighted the top 5 for readability

2. Petey

Petey Active Member

Jamal Adams 64.1????????????

Royal Tee likes this.
  3. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

*Shrugs*

I felt Maye didn't play well on Sunday, and he was marginally worse then Adams according to PFF lol

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Adams was responsible for that huge catch and another missed assignment and missed tackle dropped him pretty hard

Mogriffjr likes this.
  5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He also has 3 sacks...

6. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

PFF is a joke.

papapump and Jets69 like this.
  7. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

8. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Pay them no mind.

If I'm not mistaken these are the same people that used to give Leonard Williams consistantly high ratings. Fourth best at this yada yada, third best at this yada yada garbage like that even though the dude was invisible to the naked eye most weeks.

For them to give Adams a low rating when he had three sacks when the Jets defense dominated for most of the day with the exception of a couple of late game, garbage time scores by the 'Skins ...

I've asked the questions before I still haven't received a answer.

How do they come up with their 'ratings' and why should I care what they say? Who are these people?

IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  9. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

Yea if Jamal Adams dominates a game and ends up with a score like that; your system is broken

Royal Tee and IIMeanDeanII like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

I can answer some of these questions. I listened to “an official” ratings guy from PFF on the radio once. Here’s the gist

They are assigned to watch a certain player every play and give him a rating between -1, 0, +1, on each play.

0 is supposedly “does his job” which is strange cause they don’t even know what his job is
    -1 is bad, +1 is “good”. At the end they just calculate the score all together - voila you have your rankings

it’s completely subjective of course based on that system. And the people giving these rankings aren’t coaches or former players, they are just nerds I guess.

The guy from PFF even acknowledged that it’s tough to tell what score to give sometime because they don’t know what the play design / responsibility was, particularly when it comes to offensive and defensive linemen

Royal Tee, Jets81 and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  11. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean it ignores two offensive lineman that are supposed to double team to fall off and get to the linebacker, where the defensive tackle makes a play but the second man DID get to the linebacker to block him. Stuff like that.

It's pretty much a farce. But it's a damn good marketing scheme to sell this as a premium service and at the prices they do. It's cool but it's not the end all be all and should be taken with a grain of salt at best.

IIMeanDeanII likes this.