Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. Royal Tee

Royal Tee Girls juss wanna have fun

No you don't.
    3 Picks don't equate to a gold jacket player in the NFL.. sorry bro, gotta disagree.
    People keep putting the value of picks as if they were a guaranteed thing.

You get 3 picks and how many of those actually pan out?
    A bird in the hand ...

2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I get that. It truly doesn't matter whether we keep him or deal him as we won't be a good franchise if we don't hit on draft picks. The more we have; the bigger chance we have at hitting. It's a numbers game. The better franchises value draft picks over record breaking contracts.

Good teams replenish through the draft and rarely hand out the leagues highest paid contracts. Look at all of them.

JetBlue, Red Menace, MJK and 4 others like this.
  3. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Jamal Adams helping me win fantasy by streaming the Jets defense against Washington.

This guy is alright by me.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Acad23, Jets81 and FJF like this.
  4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

At what point does he enter the dpoy talk? I mean, still hate the hissy fit he threw at the trade deadline but he is balling and becoming a force.

blackssmagic and WarriorRB28 like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

You're 100% correct but I doubt he gets serious consideration because of the Jets record.

6. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

It's really a no-lose situation for the Jets: if Adams keeps playing like he did the last two weeks, he certainly drives his value up. At that point the Jets can consider trading him if they get a king's ransom, or keeping him.

Sadly a HOF-potential Safety on this team might be a luxury. They have way too many holes that need to be filled ASAP, and Adams might be the ticket to that ride.

Brook!, HomeoftheJets and JetBlue like this.
  7. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

A all pro player is never a luxury. A guy that can ruin a game is a necessity, regardless of position. Six sacks is six sacks. It doesn’t make a difference what 2 letters they put next to his name in the depth chart

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

I think it's just human nature for fans to want stars on their teams...otherwise I wouldn't have to have this debate every year when the stats have proven you don't give non QBs huge money.

9. DefenseWinsChampionships

Ok. I got it.

According to a handful of geniuses... Jamal Adams made the pro bowl last year due to his "two previous games" this year".

Freaking idiots. Lol.

LAJet likes this.
  10. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

Adams has finally had some impact plays recently- no denying that. Playing him as an undersized WLB is more effective that expecting him to play in the backfield where his suspect coverage instincts and weak on-ball skills have been exposed. The question is whether that skill set is needed more than several high picks on a team that is in rebuild. I'm not afraid to stand by my willingness to part with him for a 1 and a 3 (a rumored offer) at the trade deadline. Sure there's risk in the draft. There's also risk in having the "best player on your team" playing the least important position during a rebuild.

Jets81 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

Who gives a shit about the Pro Bowl, it's a complete sham, it's a popularity contest, means absolutely nothing

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

The chance of getting a player anywhere near the talent of Adams with a 1 we would get is very unlikely.
    The chance of getting a 3rd rounder that doesnt pan out at all is pretty good.

Trading Adams would almost be a guarantee decrease in talent in this team.

Good teams do not part with HOF level talent on their first contract.

13. MDJets

MDJets Well-Known Member

1st and 3rd is not enough for Jamal Adams. If anything keep him a Jet for a long time. He is going to keep getting better and make the defense better.

14. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Amen.

Fucking Amen.

15. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

The way Jamal is playing now, he is untradeable. He continues to play like this or does for a full season he would be squarely in DPOY conversation. You don’t trade those players at 24yrs old ever.

16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

This is unreal. Read what you tped. The idea in teh draft-best case scenario is to draft players with HOF potential. Think about that for a hot minute

FJF likes this.
  17. ColoradoContrails

Yes, it's great to have HOF players on your team, BUT if the other players suck it doesn't really make you better. So if they're offered a great package, they have to consider it. In my mind a "great package" is at least a 1st and 2nd rounder this year and a 1st next year. If they don't get that, then they keep him. Thanks to Macc (and Idzik) the Jets have a LOT of holes where they don't even have mediocre talent. If they follow a traditional course of trying to fill them with the draft picks they currently have, and the cap space they're projected to have, it'll be 2-3 years at best before they have a SB contending team, and Sam and Adams will be that much older. I'm not saying it's a slam dunk to trade Adams, but if the right deal is there they have to consider it.

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

you alway slisten to offers, I agree, But you said its a luxury to have HOF players. Its not. You need them to win SBs. Waiting 2 or 3 years would have Sam at 24-25 years old and Jamal 26-27. We're ok. Some on this board are making it seam that we have to trade Jamal to rebuild our team. There are scnearios where we can keep Jamal and contend for SBs as well.

BrowningNagle and FJF like this.
  19. ColoradoContrails

To be precise I said "It MIGHT BE a luxury" because if they can't find a way to plug all these holes he'll be the best player on a perennial loser, and at some point he'll demand to be traded anyway. Still, they shouldn't be giving him away. He's finally fulfilling his promise as a difference-maker and I wouldn't be in a hurry to get rid of him. Just saying that there ARE scenarios where they would have to consider doing it.

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

six sacks is six sacks but its not sustainable from a safety.

ColoradoContrails likes this.