2019 NFL Week 11: New York Jets at Washington Redskins

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Brook!, Nov 10, 2019.

1. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Wow Washington is BAD

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

He played very well today, and the talent's there. But he still did the back foot thing, and against a better team, that could mean 2 TDs to 3 INTs or something like that.

3. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Because he's 22 years old.

I agree, he needs to eliminate those mistakes, but I think that will come as he matures in the league. He has already improved his game tremendously since last season.

papapump likes this.
  4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

I think the "back foot thing" will go away once he is behind a good offensive line and feels more confident to step into throws.

That "seeing ghosts" comment really stands true when you constantly have people in your face. Today, the line played pretty good. But if we can get a solid line week after week, I think he stops with the back foot throws

FJF likes this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Darnold needs to be who he is.

Trying to turn him into someone he's not could ruin him.

I can live with the mistakes, the back foot thing as long as he's throwing more TDs than mistakes.

Who threw more int's than Brett? Who threw more TDs?

6. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

I don’t care who the opponent is, a good game is a good game. If nothing else, it shows us what he can do with time. If we give him a competent OL and a weapon (since Gase can’t figure out how to use Bell somehow) he’s going to be a top tier QB for a while. He’s crazy good rolling out of the pocket and making things happen where there’s nothing.

7. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Yup, the Jets are no position to care what the record is of their opponents - a win is a win. Sam moving outside the pocket is very effective and looks much more comfortable. He seems to panic when he's in the pocket and it's collapsing. He's a very good scrambler that can pick up 1st downs on broken plays...

FJF and NYJetsO12 like this.
  8. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

They really are terrible.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

More TD's...?
    -Manning
    -Brees
    -Brady

More INT's...?
    -Nobody

10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I hope you're right...
    Nobody's telling Darnold to be someone he's not. Just if you're backpedaling with a rusher in your face, eat the sack. That's all.

11. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

Sam D was never one with great footwork. He has the ability to extend plays, throw receivers open, go off script, make all throws, and read defenses quickly.
    Throwing off the back foot is traditionally looked upon as negative, but in today's pass first game, it's not looked as bad as in the past. Guys are throwing from different arm angles, no look passes, off hand passes, etc.
    Sam accurate often from the back foot, but the bad back foot problem occurs when defense is in his face, and tries to force a pass. He needs to throw the ball away just take a sack sometimes. Actually last 2 games he has thrown the ball away vs chucking it up.

Off topic this is the 4th week in a row with a opening drive TD! Kudos to Sam, the offense, and Gase. If I'm not mistaken we lead the lead in opening drive TDs now. That's progress, and feels weird as a Jet fan to have the Offense take the ball and score Tds on the opening drive.

As Sam grows comfortable, Coach Gase will feel more comfortable in opening up the playbook. We have to remember this is their first year together, and have not had much time. Before anyone kills me, I was totally against signing Gase. But I do think we cant fire him til the off season.

Redskins are bad, good teams beat on bad teams. That what we didnt do vs Dolphs. So we are a inconsistent team, does that surprise you from a young Qb, learning a new system again, with a new coach??

MoWilkBeast and egelband like this.
  12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Piggy back on previous post.

i hated the Gase hire but with CJ basically ensuring he will be back our fortunes are tied to him and Sam.
    If it does not work we will not sniff the playoffs for another 10 years.

We need to win at least 3 or 4 more games this year

azhar80 likes this.
  13. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I missed the game. Does anyone have a link or a way to see a replay of the game?

14. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

They’ll win at least another two maybe .three but I don’t think any more than that.

If the Jets are not much improved next year Gase will not be around the following season. Regardless I’m pretty sure the Jets will be back in the playoffs before 2029....lol

15. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

16. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Ooof. Not a good look.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Jeez. And I think we need a Harbaugh-style culture changer here. That's bad. That's not Case Keenum trying to rally the troops. That's a young kid trying to get better.

azhar80 likes this.
  18. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

19. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Fun time at Fed Ex Field! The Jets fans TOOK OVER the stadium. My section was pretty much only Jets fans. Everyone was great to talk to too. Great effort by the Jets. Sam was amazing except for that one play everyone is talking about because it truly was horrendous. :D He will learn from it. Jamal Adams was ELECTRIC the entire game too. Not sure how it looked on tv, but he was going the whole game. Including on the bench and side line. He also ran on the field with the offense during breaks. Great to see.

azhar80 and Acad23 like this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Seriously, everything that happened to them, seemed so jet-like. every mistake, every wasted opportunity is what we've seen from the jets for the past decade if not longer.

Down 13-0
    Get an INT and take over at the 15 yard line in the red zone. 3 plays -10 yards and settle for a long FG

Down 13-3
    Jets fumble the kick off return. take over at the NYJ 27. 6 plays for 16 yards and a missed FG

that right there they should have been really up 14-13 or down 10-13 making it a close game. instead they squandered the opportunity

Then there was the huge penalty on a 67 yard pass to scary terry. called back for an illegal formation, then they got a penalty for arguing it.so instead of having the ball in the red, they had they ball inside their own 10 yard line

They had 11 penalties and many were brutal like the one above i just mentioned. Another bad one was a roughing the kicker on a FG attempt that gave us a 1st down which we turned into a TD

Then there was the defensive breakdowns. a few plays where they just didn't cover our TEs. the type of stuff that happens to us not for us. they even left an unblocked blitzer a couple of times as well

#80 GasedAndConfused, Nov 18, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2019