2019 NFL Week 11 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 14, 2019.

1. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

I'd like to thank the Browns for reminding me that no matter how bad the Jets get - it could be worse.

I posted this after our week 2 game against the Browns:

And I swear it felt like Myles Garrett was taking cheap shots at our QBs last night. That after accusing our DC of teaching cheap shots. Screw him.

Now it came back to bite him and the Browns. I got no sympathy for Garrett or the Browns.

#41 ouchy, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  2. NYJ79

NYJ79 Well-Known Member

I'd tack multiple 2020 games on before possibly reinstating him next year, but this is a good start at least.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  3. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Pouncey has to be suspended (despite what Deion Sanders says), but one game is the right number. In this context what he did is no worse than what Ogunjobi did.

4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I'm wondering why Rudolph wasn't punished.

He started the fucking brouhaha...

Woodhead and TonyFtLaud like this.
  5. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

his punishment is that he has to keep playing

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

You call that playing?

7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

no he was terrible all night

8. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

The whole Mason Rudolph started it is a pretty idiotic take.

Section 336 and matt robinson 17 like this.
  9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

No it ain't.

Watch the play from the start.

Woodhead likes this.
  10. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

Actually I'm going to disagree, Myles Garret deserves everything he got but Mason Rudolph actually had Garrets helmet halfway off his head, and then when Garret fought back Rudolph kicked Garret in the groin which then prompted garret to remove Rudolph's helmet.

Rudolph should be suspended as well for the groin kick, he isnt innocent here either. He had a bad night and should have just went home insteaded of starting a fight with Garrett.

Woodhead likes this.
  11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Yeah after he was driven into the ground 5 seconds after the ball was released...then he didn't get off him...NFL made the correct call not suspending him.

12. Section 336

Section 336 Well-Known Member

Miles Garrett is a piece of shit.

After that display not only should he never play another down in the NFL, criminal charges should be filed.

kevda5n9ne likes this.
  13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Bro did you watch the play? Drove him into the ground 5 seconds after he threw it. He tackled him right after he released the ball and the end result looked like nothing more than an aggressive fall by Rudolph.

Garrett needs to learn to let go of quarterbacks. It puts defensive players in such a tough bind though because they can't always see if the balls thrown. I've seen it a lot with Carson Wentz. Where defensive players stop their tackle assuming he's thrown the ball OR they'll get forward progress and he escapes for a big play.

Remember; he's a year removed from college where you can still beat up QB's and they just added the no driving into the ground rule.

Rudolph started the entire thing. What Garrett did was wrong and he's going to get the book thrown at him. But let's not make it into something he's not.

#53 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
  14. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Garrett deserves what he got and should have more games tacked on next year. Pouncey deserves his suspension as well.(he shouldn't even be in the league but that's a whole different topic) Rudolph started the whole incident, escalated it, then continued it. He should be suspended too.
    That's in no way justifying Garrett's actions.

Woodhead likes this.
  15. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Votes are in.

Mason Rudolph is guilty.

Boink.

16. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Garrett is a POS. Threw Rudolph to the ground well after he had gotten rid of the ball. Then responds to a shoving match by assaulting with a weapon. Banning him the rest of this season should be the minimum.

And it's laughable to say it was because Rudolph kicked him in the balls. Rudolph was being assaulted and tried to shove Garrett way with his foot. Hardly a kick.

I bet you believe Epstein killed himself too.

matt robinson 17 and MJK like this.
  17. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Well luckily he won't be judged by Twitter\message board morons with some sort of bizarre biases...shits literally on video...it's not the Zubruder film. Lol

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

This is true JV. I think some of the frustration was from the entire drive (really last two Pitt drives).

Garrett was hitting Rudolph borderline late all night including a few times on the final drive before the play the fight broke out on. Something nobody in the media is talking about was the refs allowing Garrett to get away with questionable hits - hits he would have never gotten away with against Brady or Big Ben. But against Mason Rudoplh or Luke Falk - they just let him tee off with questionable late hits.

Part of the problem is the refs don't protect all QBs the same - though they pretend they do.

19. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Did you even watch the play?
    He took Rudoph down immediately after he released the ball, a short shovel which Garrett could not possibly see since it was a split second after Garrett wrapped him up.
    They landed with Rudolph on top, so there was no driving him into the ground. Garrett didn't end up on Rudolph until Rudolph started twisting Garrett's helmet. LMAO, 5 seconds. It's maybe a second in slow motion.

20. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

If he had hit Brady like that he wouldn't be allowed to play in the NFL again ever