Autographed Guitar Help

Discussion in 'BS Forum' started by The Waterboy, Nov 7, 2019.

1. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

ive got it out to my fellow guitar gunslingers, the guitar is junk sorry to say, a boat paddle at best, but the signatures may redeem it, we'll see.

2. The Waterboy

The Waterboy Well-Known Member

Yes, I knew the guitar was bottom of the barrel type. Then again what the guy traded me for was likely going in the trash or to salvation army if I didn't find anyone for it.
    My thinking was the guitar is easier to move around than 4 boxes full of showtunes albums. The only thing of value I gave up was a wood cabinet but not that much value.

Even if it's not worth anything I'll hang it on the wall next to my other autographed guitar. I really just wanted to find out who signed it since that will usually be the first question I am asked about it.

TommyJ likes this.
  3. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

It was mine..... I was baby sitting my niece and she got ahold of it with some markers in her hand..... I never really learned to play very well, and traded it to some college kid for an 1/8 of krypto :D

4. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

So your obvious answer is Jimi Hendrix. Duh.

5. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

Sorry I took so long to follow up @The Waterboy.

From Vinnie: "Now that I saw the headstock, Strat type but not a Strat. It's a step up from a decent looking piece of garbage. Those guitars are not worth a lot. I've see them from $50 - $100 bucks. The signatures could increase the value depending on who they are but overall I wouldn't hold my breath. The reason I say that is because although famous people sign bar napkins the odds of a famous person signing a newish cheap guitar THEY owned are almost nil. It's more reasonable that someone bought a cheapo specifically to have someone sign it for them but I wouldn't hold my breath on that, either. I'll ask my partner if he knows anyone who might be able to take a stab at the sigs but it's a bit of a needle in a haystack because it's not like the guy in the barter said Rick Nielsen signed it so you could ask someone to authenticate from there even without paperwork or provenance. Sorry I couldn't offer more than that."

:/

6. The Waterboy

Thank you to you and Vinnie. I wasn't expecting much with the guitar but since $50 is more than I was trying to sell what I traded for it I think I'm ahead of the game. Guess I'll hang it on the wall at the new abode and make up different stories each time someone asks.

7. The Waterboy

That's it!
    I knew it looked familiar, and the other one is Clapton I think.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

It's actually the guitar Hendrix used at Woodstock too. Damn. Good find bro.

The Waterboy likes this.
  9. TommyJ

TommyJ Well-Known Member

i can sign it too if you wish to further plummet the value

The Waterboy and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  10. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I just saw this thread WaterBoy-----I will show the pix to my son tomorrow , he plays and is into this stuff and I will see if he has a guesstimate for you or if he knows a guy who knows a guy who has a friend who can help.

The Waterboy likes this.