Jets Reach Yet Another Low

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 14, 2019.

1. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

Agree, but he's only been on one team, the Jets, so he may not be aware that most, if not all, teams have the same, or close to the same protocol, and if he did this on another team (miss treatment sessions,) he would still have to reach into his wallet.

2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

If it was just Enunwa, I'd agree with you. But it's multiple players and a coach who's notorious for ticking off players and messing around with injuries.

3. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Tweeter Feeding the POS Metha, who is the most laughable excuse for a sportswriter. Good for Gase. Handle things in house.

4. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

I suppose that all this tweeter BS from players and the media would be summarily dismissed as garbage if this was a winning organization. In fact the tweeters would hardly be tolerated. Metha never ceases to amaze us with his underhanded trash fed by a few perennial injury reserve warriors.

FJF likes this.
  5. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

there’s a very good point in here. Q just blew off the appointment but the club is still on the hook for the pt/trainer’s money for that appointment. So not only did he disrespected them he cost the team money. He really does not have a leg to stand on with this one. As far as the monitor with the fines announced goes, it’s probably best to do what you are supposed to do if you don’t like having your name on it. It goes like this, you don’t get to decide how someone will react when you do the wrong thing to them. Your choices are to not wrong the person or accept the reaction.

Pepsiguy5, TwoHeadedMonster and SOJAZ like this.
  6. rockyusmc2003

rockyusmc2003 Well-Known Member

No matter what side we take on this, it's almost a foregone conclusion that most players are going to side with the player. Especially when it comes to free agents that are coming to visit from other organizations that don't have negative player situations like this (or multiple situations like the Jets).

The ultimate question, is the juice worth the squeeze when it comes to something like this?

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Is this fine excessive? Perhaps but, as others have noted, the team could well be on the hook for professional fees as a result of him skipping rehab. And it's not a first offense, because he did it twice in the same timeframe. That's going to cause him to lose any benefit of the doubt that may have been going around. We also don't know if it is a regular thing for him or a first (and second) offense as we only have one side of the story.

As far as the suggestion that some players deserve a bit of leeway and others haven't earned it, that I find laughable. If you trying to create a culture of accountability and team-first ethos then everyone - regardless of stature - has to be treated the same. You can't have a Geno Smith being fined for fucking up his wake up call on one hand and let Q off for missing rehab appointments with no communication. (Different regimes I know, but both got the same critique from different ends).

SOJAZ and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  8. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

I'm sure Gase isn't the only person doing it, but he doesn't have the coaching pedigree to have this type of personality.
    Man I read that article the other day...

Don't play sports if you don't want to get hurt.

9. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

yeah i like Q and all but no way is he in the right here. I'm sorry but the jets committed a lot fo money to him, he got hurt, they are still paying him and getting nothing in return and they are funding his rehab so he can be healthy. for him to just no call no show 2 treatments and then complain about getting fined is insane.

Honestly it sounds like Q is done and he knows it. he doesn't care. doctors said there is a 50% chance he'll never play again. i really wish mac locked up robby over Q last season

94Abraham likes this.
  10. GasedAndConfused

lol hey we finally agree on something.

Q is wrong. the jets are funding his rehab and he can't care enough to pick up a phone and tell them he can't make it to rehab then he gets fined

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  11. jetsclaps

jetsclaps Well-Known Member

Quincy is 100% in the wrong here. And the fact that he aired his grievances on twitter rather than the team is a childish move, and not how real men handle business.

Fuck him and his entitled ass.

94Abraham, NYJetsO12 and NY Jets68 like this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah I mean it kind of sounds like he's just collecting the pay check for as long as he can until he retires. Why wouldn't he rehab "to come back" for another year and a half? Collect that loot and time served before settling on a career ending injury retirement plan.

13. GasedAndConfused

i mean it's not his fault he can't play. and doctors told him it's a 50% chance he'll never play again. So I mean for him as a person it makes sense to keep rehabbing and collecting his guaranteed money. wouldn't surprise me if he stays on IR all of 2020 and 2021. both years are guaranteed for injury. we guaranteed him 20 million and he got hurt after 2 quarters. bad break

14. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

I should start by saying that I really liked Enunwa's story, in fighting his way up from a 6th round pick, and that if Gase is sacked tomorrow I'm good with it.

However, you can't just take a day off and tell your employer afterwards. You've signed a contract, it will have clauses in it. Break them and face the consequences.

Sorry 81, I like you on the field and I really hope you regain full fitness, or at the least live a healthy life, but you're in the wrong here. Asking for the day off beforehand seems a better way to to go.

I really don't think this is on the Jets.

FJF likes this.
  15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

I read somewhere that when you look at his contract amount, the fine was almost equal to being 1 days pay.

He skipped a day, he didn’t get paid for it.

Nothing unfair about that.

The TV thing is debatable, but I’m also guessing that’s meant to be internal only.

He should probably be fined for posting a picture of it online.

You do something like that where I work and you get fired.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  16. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Who is Quincy Enunwa guys??? The more this drama unfolds the less pity I have the Player...Let's take a step back:

A BIG disappointment with a history of injuries who showed us some flashes and potential then got a devastating injury (no surprise given his track record! ) Sincerely doubt JD would have ever signed him from get go

The height of stupidity was Mac handing him an uber deal for him to take to the Bank like the other wasted investments , scrubs and no shows that have graced this dumpsterRoster

Thanks Hissy Boy Quincy...go add some more insult to injury with your Tweets

Jets81 likes this.
  17. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

I'm assuming you didn't read the post I replied to or that posters earlier postings.
    I have absolutely no problem with Enunwa being fined. I don't think the sign posting fines is appropriate, Gase did the same thing in Miami and players took exception to it there, same as they are here.
    Enunwa signed his contract, is injured, likely permanently. He deserves to receive the guaranteed monies for injury, per that contract.
    Now what is in the language of that contract, neither you or I know. So you claiming he disregarded the contract he signed is bullshit. There's a reason the players are outages and the NFLPA was involved so quickly.

18. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

It could indicate a failure to communicate within the entire organization. He missed his therapy on the eighth and apparently no one made an issue of it and he missed again the following Monday. Do we even know if he was there on the ninth and tenth or is no work scheduled for weekends? Are we to believe the first time the problem was addressed was the posting of the fine? That would be bad business in so many ways.

But there is also the issue between the coaching staff and anyone who is in the training room. By Gase's own words there is no communication with them; hardly the way to develop the team as family philosophy that is so important in winning organizations.

19. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

What a trash organization we've become.

Acad23 likes this.
  20. jetophile

jetophile Bruce Coslet's Daughter

I think the "wrong message" is that he tweeted his professional business in the first place. What is it with these guys? At least he's coherent I guess . . . ?

Jets81 likes this.