2019 NFL Week 11 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 14, 2019.

1. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

That's a bit of an overreaction, no? Browns even considered that, 31 teams would be calling Garretts agent immediately. The NFL will throw the book at him, but no WAY he's cut. And how does he recover? Easy. Once he's served his suspension, no one will care. Ron Artest and Stephen Jackson went into the stands to beat up dickhead fans in Detroit......both played in the league for years after. Mike Vick went to jail for 2 years! for being a piece of shit...…..Played for many years after - even for the JETS!!! :)

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  2. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

That shit was assault. Back in 2000 Marty McSorely was prosecuted and found guilty of assault for using his hockey stick as a weapon and slashing someone across the head. Fuck that. Whoever has played football knows how thick and heavy those helmets are.. he's lucky he didn't fucking kill him. Suspend him and prosecute his ass. Absolutely disgusting.

K'OB likes this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Just seen his late hit on our QB, fucking terrible, I know his legs got tangled up in the fall but without the late hit they wouldn't have done so.

I would sit him for the rest of the season and maybe into next 10 games say?

4. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

Overreaction?

You do realize that if he hit Rudolph hard enough with the top of the helmet, he could have killed him, right?

Mike Vick went to jail for dog fighting outside of football.

I would cut the guy today. For damn sure. Let someone else sign him if they so choose. This is much bigger than one guy on your roster.

5. dawinner127

Yeah, and those moments lived with this guys for years. When you think of Vick, you don't think of electrifying football player - you think POS scumbbag dog fighter. Or Alberty Haynesworth? Stomping a guy on the ground who couldn't even move. Suh? Same thing. Artest, oh the guy who climbed into the stands. He will continue to play in the league, but he should 1000000% be prosecuted or charges against. That was fucking assault.

6. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

And for the record, is this was a guy on the Jets roster, I would want him cut immediately. I don't give a shit who it is.

That doesn't belong in football.

matt robinson 17 likes this.
  7. Ptflea2

Ptflea2 Well-Known Member

We can shake our fists, call him all the bad names we want, claim we wouldn't let him play for our fantasy made up teams, but dudes not getting cut. And for all the outrage, I'll go on record if Garrett does get cut and the Jets sign him, I'd cheer when he sacked Brady :p

phubbadaman likes this.
  8. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I feel wrong for doing so, but I agree. Players can rehabilitate themselves into any league if they're talented enough.

Kareem Hunt equally probably could've killed the lady he kicked in the face on the ground. And he served his suspension and there's no mention of it.

What Garrett did was all of the above terrible. But he'll stay on the Browns and serve his suspension and come back to be an upstanding citizen in this league.

It's sort of evident of the times and where society has gone. I could argue that Haynesworth stomping a player without a helmet was equally as bad as well. And he got a 5-game suspension.

Give Garrett his 16 and move on. "Never seen anything like this on the field."

No one remembers Brandon Meriwether vs. FIU using his helmet as a weapon in a brawl?

9. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

We'll see if Goodell has any balls, this idiot should never play again

dawinner127 likes this.
  10. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

It’s an unusual circumstance when a coach on the hot seat wins a crucial division game and is in MORE trouble afterwards. Kitchens has clearly completely lost control of that team (don’t just think about Garrett, remember also the chippy play all game, and the many Browns players, like OBJ, who were cheering and pumping up the crowd immediately after the play). As to Garrett, he is clearly gone for the season, and maybe part of next season too, given his history of dirty play.

11. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

wow garrett pulled a successful alzado on rudolf. holy shit.

for you younger ladies - back in the 82-83 playoffs lyle alzado ripped LT chris ward's helmet off and threw it at him......

of course the NFL made a rule after that about using/throwing equipment as dangerous objects.

LOL

Woodhead, BacktoQueens and Acad23 like this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It shouldn't be on the Browns to cut him. They do that and half the teams will try to sign him the moment his suspension is over. It's on the league to suspend him for at least the rest of the season. And if the league wants to give him a second chance, there's no reason why it can't be on the Browns. Finally, I can't get too up in arms when our DC is Gregg "Kill the head and the body will die" Williams.

Pepsiguy5 likes this.
  13. jilozzo

sure cut garrett and he ends up in foxboro....no thanks!

14. Jonathan_Vilma

That's gotta be such a wild locker room in Cleveland. I fully believe there would be so much more gasoline throw on that locker room fire if Jarvis Landry wasn't there to tell OBJ to chill.

Kareem Hunt
    Myles Garrett
    OBJ

And then a dickhead of a quarterback to wrap it all together.

Don't forget that Morgan Burnett also tried to kill Diontae Johnson on a ball ten feet over his head earlier in the game.

The Christmas Party is prolly lit tho.

HomeoftheJets and jilozzo like this.
  15. jilozzo

wish they hired Rex....LOL

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. Jonathan_Vilma

There aren't tons of things that truly make people happy. Rex being in charge of that team would be one of them though.

Unfortunately it'll never happen because Baker has a bug up his ass because Rex said he sucks.

jilozzo likes this.
  17. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Myles Garrett did what everyone who bet the Steelers to win wanted to do.

Boink Rudolph upside his head... :mad:

18. dawinner127

Garrett - Indefinitely
    Pouncey - 3 games
    Ogunjobi - 1 game

250k fines to both teams. Garrett additional fine. No amount mentioned.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

three games for pouncey is excessive. But he said himself he will accept any suspension they give him and that he'd do it again

jilozzo likes this.
  20. Jonathan_Vilma

Agreed. Hopefully it just gets bumped to one game upon appeal and then I think we can all live with that.

16 games is appropriate for Garrett. It'd almost hurt him more to let him finish the season and sit out all next season instead though. If he gets 16 starting now he kind of luck's out being back for the playoff push next year.

The NFL might be waiting to see if Rudolph sues him. Which is really going to be an even bigger problem.