Jets Reach Yet Another Low

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Falco21, Nov 14, 2019.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Everybody missing the bigger picture.
    This is the first step in the Jets trying to get out of paying him his remaining guaranteed money.

2. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This is a really bad look and It embarrasses me to be honest. It's sad to be a fan of this team right now, the worst I've ever felt as a fan, since becoming a fan.

Especially after all the bullshit that went down with KO. Alienating the players and making their life miserable for the sake of doing so is absolutely stupid. I understand fining players for misconduct, missed practice/meetings, etc...

Absolutely disgusting to me.

3. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

On one hand, Enunwa definitely should have called beforehand and rescheduled the therapeutic session, but then again, how is he supposed to know to do that? His previous two HCs, Rex and Bowles, ran an undisciplined ship. Bowles went so far as to excuse players for missing practices and being late, and Rex was undisciplined himself. Enunwa may never have worked a regular job in his life. If his parents didn't teach him a sense of responsibility, how is he supposed to know? He may have legitimately thought it would be no big deal, as that has been his experience since he was drafted.

I think fining him and posting it for all to see is extremely douchey, and a piss-poor way to do things. If Douglas is involved in (culpable) these injury situations at all, then he'd better be a revelation as a talent evaluator, and nail every single pick, and make great FA signings; otherwise, he may not last too long.

4. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

We are at the point in sports were people are treating these multimillionaire players like babies and victims....the guy is getting paid 8 mil a year if he can't make treatment call your bosses...it's not that difficult .

Jets81 and FJF like this.
  5. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

I don't like Enunwa.

I don't like guys that live on IR.

I don't like guys that get paid then go on IR.

I don't like guys that get paid then go to a life after football business course weeks after then go on IR in week 1 even less.

I don't like guys that live on IR yet still think they're entitled to special treatment.

94Abraham likes this.
  6. WarriorRB28

Hey gotta get some ROI from this signing.

Acad23 likes this.
  7. Unhappyjetsfan

Unhappyjetsfan Well-Known Member

Nobody hates Gase (and the Johnsons) more than me, but Enunwa is wrong. He has a job and he collects his paycheck every week. If you have a family emergency? Call in to your boss and explain it to him ... like everyone else in the world who has a job. You don't just not show up for work and then cry the blues on social media when your employer punishes you for it. This isn't 1982 - where you could have car trouble and get stuck on the side of the highway for two hours with no phone. Everyone has a cell phone and there is absolutely no reason to call-in and explain why there's an emergency. And there's zero reason to take the day off to take your wife to lunch. Want to celebrate Veterans Day? Go out to dinner.

/When I was younger, I worked Christmas Eve, Christmas Day, New Years Eve and New Years Day for the Federal government two years in a row so the other guys at work could spend it with their families

8. WarriorRB28

I can't believe this guy has the nerve to blast the Jets while he's collecting MILLIONS from them and all he's given them for it is not even one half of football played in 2019.

Ingrate.

Enunwa, Falk, Osemele.

A buncha ingrates all.

94Abraham likes this.
  9. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

I get both sides too. But considering we just told a guy. “You don’t need surgery, you can play through the pain.” And he said “go f yourselves.” And then we listed him as doubtful on the day he got surgery. There might be something to what Quincy is saying.

10. thankyourevis

thankyourevis Active Member

Jesus dude, you don’t say a guy who got his legs blown off on the first day out of training didn’t even pay the country back for the money they put into his training. He is done cause he laid it all on the line for this team. I know it’s not anywhere near as selfless as fighting for our country but he put his body on the line for our entertainment. Show some respect. Seriously what the hell is wrong with you.

#50 thankyourevis, Nov 15, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 15, 2019
    IIMeanDeanII likes this.
  11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

Are you really that fucking dumb?
    This is a 27 year old kid, who will likely never play again. He suffered 2 devastating injuries while under contract with the team. Performing his job. He will suffer the rest of his life due to those injuries.

12. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

Sounds like all Enunwa really had to do was pick up the phone and alert the team. He admits he didn't. The Jets organization drives me nuts, but this doesn't seem like their fault.

13. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I'd like to be able to summon up angst and righteous indignation towards the Jets for this, but I just can't. Sorry. It's not that hard. If you're injured and want to skip a day of rehab for something fine, get permission. If you have a household emergency and can't get in fine, let your employers know. You don't just skip the days and say sorry bro, something came up.

14. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Admit it, you just don't like guys who get hurt. If a guy is on the Jets he should be ready to go 24/7/365. You're in the George Patton/Adam Gase school of thought. Screw common sense, screw good medical care, tape it up and get out there. And if you should dare enter the "Training Zone" be assured your paper tiger head coach will shun you like the scum you are.

15. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

It's not dramatic.

A guy is told he has a 50/50 chance of playing football ever again. He comes every day, despite that diagnosis, to perform his therapy with the team he signed with. He misses the first day to take his wife out for Veterans day, considering she is a veteran. He then misses the second day for an emergency at his home. He doesn't tell the Jets organization until after the fact, and admits he should have said it prior to his a absence.

Instead of excusing the guy who was just told he may never be able to play football again in his life, the Jets post a MAXIMUM fine on a TV screen for the entire organization to see. He is greeted with that when he arrives.

There's a lot of talk about how if this were a job and you had a "no call/no show" many would be fired. The problem is, this isn't a "normal" job and this isn't a "normal" case of a missed practice or missed training session. This is a 27 year old who was just told he may not be able to play a sport he has played his entire life, ever again.

If you want to fine him, do it in private. Do it to his face. Call him in for a meeting and explain to him that he broke the rules. But do it in private.

Or simply explain to a player, who is both young and dealing with an extremely difficult scenario, that this can not happen again and excuse his absence.

There were other ways to do this. This was not the right one.

I'm never fully critical of this franchise. But the way they went about this scenario is bullshit

16. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

He is supposed to be there for treatment.

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Yeah true. Because he was doing it for free, or relatively cheap and 'honor.' It's so different it's such a disgraceful analogy.

He's getting paid millions of dollars. "For our entertainment," - please.

94Abraham likes this.
  18. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

I would think every team in the league would fine a player for not showing up to work. Enunwa is a scumbag for making this public.

Jets fans are so hypocritical too, they railed and railed on Bowles for no accountability for years yet now bitch about Gase fining a player for taking multiple days off of work without notice cause he feels like it.

19. Brook!

Brook! Soft Admin...2018 Friendliest Member Award Winner

Okay. I agree the doing in private part. I also liked how you defended your case. I LIKEd it. :)

20. Falco21

Falco21 Well-Known Member

LOL

Dude, I'm the most optimistic asshole on this board.

This was bush league shit. Especially considering the Osemele situation and now Falk.

BacktoQueens and Brook! like this.