You realize we haven’t had a playoff mandate in years?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Nov 13, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He could've said, "We'll evaluate our coaching staff after the season." That's a sensible middle ground. Instead, it appears that the team can finish 0-7 and it won't matter as Gase will be back next year.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. zace

zace Well-Known Member

This board is like the dexit people. Why does Chris johnson have to say anything.

Team decimated with injuries and qb who missed almost half the season. Coupled with a God awful oline, what does anyone think is gonna happen with another coach?

Don't give me that arbitrary bullshit about making better decisions. We need talent before you evaluate a coach.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Brook! and FJF like this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Or he can say what he said and still turn around and fire the coach anyway if that happens.

We're really not that scared to pull the trigger on firing people. It's not like we're the Bengals. We've had 6 coaches in 19 years. Approximately one every 3.2 years. 5 GM's in that time too if I'm not mistaken.

FJF likes this.
  4. Here's what I see....

A bunch of gliterry shiny FALSE BRAVADO.

- Players pampered around every turn(Jets are known for being 1st class all the way w. players almost to a fault) & yet they check out at the first sign of adversity once the season gets tough
    - Beautiful facilities & infrastructure
    - A very impressive financial climb since the Johnsons became owners

...And yet... the team has been deplorable over the last 8 years... But what do we see & hear?

- "Bigger,faster, greener" ad campaigns
    -Players talking big in the off season coming off terrible seasons
    -Well orchestrated back page hype
    -Pumping our chests out like we've accomplished something winning meaningless games in December
    - Bragging about going 5-11 simply b.c experts thought they'd go 0-16

..and yet....
    -Its been reported that the Johnsons arent even AT the facility on a daily basis
    -It took CJ HOW LONG to realize MAC was a bad GM??
    -We held on to Bowles HOW MANY years longer than we should have???
    - Watch Gase's presser when he was hired when they ask CJ what made him like Gase...He stuttered and couldnt even GIVE an answer..
    -A team that hasn't had an identity spanning 3 HC'S & GM's.
    -Continued dreadful drafting which actually could be the root of all evil for this franchise.

These guys dont wanna put the time in or do the hard right to turn this organization around. They'd rather throw $ at the problem, be detached & worse yet run delusional PR campaigns full of false promises to sell tickets.

It's ALL False Bravado. It's ALL lazy, cliff note crap. And watching the team every Sunday...it all adds up & reflects that.

If they dont wanna run a first class FOOTBALL operation w. the proper standards & mentality in place...at least hire a president of football operations that will.

Since1969 and mattyd99 like this.
  5. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

He could, but color me skeptical now that he will. I will say that the Maccagnan firing, which seemingly came out of the blue, gives me some hope.

6. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I just don't get a lot of these gripes. So we should have a shittier stadium or crappy commercials because we're not a very well run franchise?

It took him too long on Mac. Bowles only went a year longer than he should've in my mind.

I don't think the majority of owners do a lot of work. They hire guys to do the work for them. If the results suck, they fire them and do it all over again. What kind of work do you want them to do beyond interviewing these dudes?

Whose bragging about 5-11 or pumping their chests with December wins?

FJF likes this.
  7. There isn't alot here I agree w. And the Bowles only staying 1 year too long just made me chuck my coffee mug across the room.

It's safe to safe we disagree.Leave it at that.

8. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

It was a legit question. I was hoping someone would answer

9. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

If necessary.

But of course the real problem is that those picking the coach/GM don't have a fucking clue, and it doesn't really matter whether you give them multiple "bites at the apple" - hiring and firing frequently - or "patience" - giving their choices 3 or more years - in the end they all fail. And we keep hoping that the saying "Even a blind squirrel finds an acorn once in a while" finally comes true for us.

In this particular case, Gase has shown nothing that warrants faith in him, and therefore hanging onto him only delays the inevitable.

Since1969 likes this.
  10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Honestly, I stopped reading at if necessary
    This is why teams should never listen to fans.

MoWilkBeast and stinkyB like this.
  11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Good example of being open-minded.:rolleyes:

12. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

For all those who couldn’t wait for Rex/Tanny to go who wouldn’t sign up for keeping them together knowing the shitshow that came after? Could it possibly have been worse? At least it would’ve been interesting. We’ve been bad and boring for 5 years now.

13. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

No, but one and done for a coach who flamed out in his last job, seemed to burn every bridge there and seems to have learned nothing because he’s doing it again surely should be a candidate for it.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. GreenFan15J

GreenFan15J Well-Known Member

Playoff Mandate? I’ll give you my PLAYOFF MANDATE!

I give the Jets 2 years to make the playoffs that’s the 2021 to 2022 season. If the Jets are not in the playoffs in January 2022 I’m selling the fucking PSL and I’m outta here baby!

The clock has started...

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

With the current state of the roster, you might as well tell a coach to go 19-0.

MoWilkBeast and FJF like this.