Hargreaves is now available

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by MDJets, Nov 12, 2019.

1. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Is Dee Milner available ?

2. BroadwayAaron

BroadwayAaron Well-Known Member

Im in favor of giving him a shot, leave no stone unturned when you are THIS bad. I'm just saying it makes perfect sense for a team to pass on him with the risk of having to pay him $9 mil next year for potentially nothing.

Also Jones 4 TDs are a little skewed. One was a screen thrown behind the LOS and the other was because a CB fell down.

3. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

How many failed former 1st rd picks go on to success with their 2nd team? I don’t know the answer but would guess not many. Can’t think of any that jump out as a good example.

Anyone else?

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Not many. But it's not like it doesn't happen. Prince Amukamara, Mo Claiborne, Eric Ebron, Greg Robinson, Ereck Flowers, Danny Shelton, Cameron Erving, Lakem Tomlinson, Phillip Dorsett.

They don't have to live up to their draft status to be repurposed and contributing players.

FJF and Attackett like this.
  5. BroadwayAaron

Texans claimed him. Who cares. Moving on.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Maybe I'm mistaken, but didn't it say that the $9 million for next year isn't guaranteed? If so, the Jets could sign him now and let him audition for the rest of the season. If he steps up his hustle and play, then it would be worth it for one season to take the risk. If he doesn't step up his level of play in his audition this year, the Jets could could him at any time and not be on the hook for next year's salary, would they?

7. BroadwayAaron

Hardly matters. We didn’t claim him. We could have claimed him and cut him before next season but you run the risk of him tearing an ACL or an injury that keeps him out of action til March, then you’re on the hook.

8. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

also could have claimed him, took the risk, and got a com pick when he walked. I'm really not impressed with JD so far. we have huge holes at CB and a small hole at WR and he let 2 perfect candidates pass by on waivers.

9. BroadwayAaron

Not claiming Gordon was a mistake. There was not a single reason to pass on him. But Hargreaves... I can’t care all that much. He’s been a bad player, it’s not like he was a productive CB that had a falling out with the front office in Tampa.

10. GasedAndConfused

I would normally agree with you but our CBs are really god awful. So awful and plus so thin at the position it would have been worth it.

11. I dont think Hargreaves is a bad player at all. He just plays corner for a notoriously bad Team & was overdrafted.

Hes a good cover guy..just not elite.

BrowningNagle likes this.
  12. Attackett

JD made it pretty clear the type of players he’s looking for in his opening press conference. Guys getting cut mid season due to laziness certainly doesn’t fit that profile.

13. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

he's not a bad player and he's really not even a lazy player. He was made a scapegoat in Tampa. There are a lot of guys dogging it on that defense and Arians just wanted to send a message. Too bad our Jets front office were asleep at the wheel again

KurtTheJetsFan likes this.
  14. Attackett

Scapegoat he said..

Bucs HC Bruce Arians was asked how hard the decision was to let CB Vernon Hargreaves go while having such an injured and youthful cornerback group: “not hard"

15. GasedAndConfused

every GM says that and then brings in those type of guys. it's funny if these guys aren't worth bringing in (gordon and hargreaves) then why did playoff teams pick them up (texans, seahawks)

16. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

it was the same thing with Clowney. "he's lazy. we don't want a guy like that"

he's singlehandedly won 2 games for 8-2 Seattle. they got him for peanuts

17. Attackett

Let’s see how it works out? Those teams are in position where one player can tip the scales. It says a lot that in each case only one team put in a waiver claim, they weren’t exactly highly sought after.

I seem to remember all the doom & gloom when Gordon signed with the Pats. They eventually got tired of his antics and got rid of em, won’t be surprised when Seattle does as well.

Hargreaves is just a bust never was and the Texans are just throwing mud at the wall hoping it sticks with their secondary so bad. They likely would’ve signed any warm body that was released.

18. GasedAndConfused

for gorden i get it. trust me I do. He's not what he used to be. he could get kicked out of the league at any time. he was an issue in the locker room. and we do have at least 3 healthy viable WRs on the roster already. hargreaves though i'll never understand.he's young, on his rookie deal as a 1st rounder. he's played good at times during his career. maybe he needs a chance of scenery, maybe there is more going on there. IDK. but coming into the season at full strength we knew our CBs sucked as is. TJ is on IR and was benched several times. roberts is awful. poole is good but a nickle back. then we have hairston who was awful, maulet is isn't good, and bless who looked great but an injury risk 6th round rookie and 1 game. hargreaves would have instantly become our WR1 and if he worked out we could get him long term. this offseason we need 2 starting CBs and to resign poole. unless bless proves worthy of a starting job we would still need 1