Chris Johnson: Gase will coach Jets in 2020

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 13, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

That would be a great thread

2. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Good i dont want them as owners anymore they are a joke...

3. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

We all kind of knew that this was happening. CJ is nothing but a puppet to his brother Woody, who just sucks.

Unfortunately, Douglas has obviously hung his balls up in his car before he comes into the office. Times will indeed get ugly.

4. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We can only hope.

It would take a lot of people, being on the same page, and not giving in to the bullshit that is clearly being forced down our throats right now.

I really want to walk away from this team right now. I told myself if they keep Gase after this season, I'm done.

If I'm honest though, I don't know how to give up that loyalty, and it is way more brutal of a feeling then it should be, considering this is just a game after all.

5. IIMeanDeanII

The Johnson's... Fucking morons.

Why did these fucktards buy this team? Fucking... Why?

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

My opinion only, but I firmly believe C. Johnson stayed/stays with Gase thru the end of 2020 (at least) BECAUSE he still owes Toilet Bowl and McNuts for the entire 2020 season due to the INSANE extensions HE (and Woody?) gave them after the 2017 season (following consecutive 5-11 records). It's not the money, but Chris Johnson does/did NOT want the embarrassment in 2020 of having to pay TWO ex-coaches (assuming Gase had been fired ) and one ex-GM (McNuts) while paying a new head coach AND Douglas--Firing Gase before the end of 2020 season and having more than one ex-coach on the payroll would make him look like a totally clueless owner (which he is!).

Cman68 likes this.
  7. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The article could've been a lot shorter an to the point:

"Chris Johnson gives big FUCK YOU! to Jets fans".

Because that's exactly what this is.

Wahoo likes this.
  8. ColoradoContrails

In case anyone missed it, or has difficulty in understanding, Chris Johnson just removed all doubt that he's a football moron.

I am wondering though...if Darnold gets hurt because of Gase's ineptitude and stubbornness, will THAT alter Idiot Johnson's endorsement?

tomdeb, Noam and JetsNation06 like this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

I didnt think it was possible to have a worse owner then Woody but Chris Johnson has him beat and its not even close...This guy is so inept its almost impossible to understand.

tomdeb likes this.
  10. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

It’s for the best. Another year of high draft picks will expedite the rebuild for the next coach.

11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

The dope showed his hand before even getting his cards. #JetsAreFuckedForever

12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

What can Gase really do when the offensive line is really bad? Stop placing blame on Gase for every single thing.

Truth be told any logical person will sit back and say Gase deserves 1- a better roster , 2- having his "franchise QB" for most of the games. Then you analyze the locker room, it seems like the team isn't sitting there quitting on him so there's SOMETHING to be said there. And I'm not the biggest Gase fan but it is what it is now.

13. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I wonder how long Greg Williams is gonna stick around.

14. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

It's a strategy to get a high draft pick every year in order to rebuild the roster. Don't you get it?

15. footballfundamentals

footballfundamentals Well-Known Member

Stole my thunder...

16. IIMeanDeanII

Any logical person can differentiate between bad fortune and bad coaching.

People seem to forget and buy into these dumb excuses for some of the worst coaches in the game. I don't get it.

We as fans can understand and see that injuries can cause a good team to be an average/below average team. We as fans can understand a lack of depth, bad drafting, lackluster roster, and understand that the odds of winning aren't in our favor.

I don't believe most of us even care about that. The problem is when you have a HC that looks clueless, that is supposed to be an offensive master mind, but has some of the worst looking playcalls, at the worst moments, consistently being called throughout almost every single game. It's mindbogglingly apparent that he doesn't have a great offensive mind, he thinks he is smarter than everyone, which often leaves him outsmarting himself, and him sitting beside himself on the bench. Lost. Confused. Alone.

All the while, we are getting BLOWN out of these games. The team at the very least should be competitive in all of these games, that clearly hasn't been the case for majority of the season.

I could keep going honestly but what is the point?

Let's just pretend that the injuries and lack of talent on this roster is the only problems. Hell, let's pretend it's the biggest problem too while we are at it.

Why not? Fuck it...

Noam likes this.
  17. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Good for Chris. Not happy with gase right now but this puts to rest all the questions about job security for the rest of the year. I mean did anyone seriously think they would pull the plug on a new hire after one year with the cards this team has been dealt. I for one am looking forward to an off-season with two guys who wanted to work together.

zace and Acad23 like this.
  18. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

19. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’m indifferent about it...We have the worst talent in the league at 2 of the most important positions/units (Oline and CB)

We’ve suffered some horrible injuries at key spots in a team without depth

The franchise QB getting damn Mono to start the season is pretty ridiculous too, and then the backup QB snaps his leg in his first start

Do I believe Gase could have done a better job? Yes...Do I think a good coach would have made much difference as far as wins and losses in the same exact situation? No not really

I honestly think Gase is “OK” or average. I wish we could do better but we’re stuck with him until atleast 2021. I believe with a better Oline and a normal season injury wise we can be a solid squad next year but who the hell knows anymore

20. ColoradoContrails

From all of your posts over the few years I've been posting here, I know you're a knowledgeable football fan, so I'm curious why you would say "What can Gase really do...?"? What he CAN do is make adjustments to accommodate the personnel he actually has, not those he wishes he had; he could make in-game adjustments; he could've played the OL he had in training camp during preseason; he could've lobbied for some different personnel at any time since he came on board. In short, he's not a victim. Sure, have things beyond his control happened? Absolutley! But he could've done more than he has IMO. And no, I don't blame him for "every single thing", but based on what I've seen from him here, coupled with his time in Miami, I believe he's not a good coach, and the Jets will not win with him as HC.

And how do you know the team isn't quitting? How many of these injuries are actually due to guys not wanting to play for him? How much of the ineptitude of the OL is because they don't want to play for him? Very rarely does discontent from the players get aired in public because they know what the consequences are for that. And maybe Sam thinks Gase is the 2nd Coming of Vince Lombardi, but he might also just be blowing smoke because what else can he say?

But before you say I just hate Gase and want him to fail, that's simply wrong. I actually want him t succeed, but I don't believe he will, and that means having to wait another 3 years or so before the Jets have a shot to win a SB, and I'm beyond tired of waiting.

Andy_M, Mogriffjr and Noam like this.