Jets vs NYG Week 10 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

7 players from the 2017 draft are off the roster. The entire 2015 draft has been purged. He drafted Christian Hackenberg in the second round. 4/7 of his 2016 draft picks are off the roster and once Shell is gone that leaves two remaining players from that class; one being a punter.

Bless Austin has played one game. Cashman looked solid, yes. But I'd hardly say he found quite a few gems.

He invested two top 6 picks in run stuffing defensive tackles. And he found three others elsewhere. I'm glad he has an eye for two down defensive lineman.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  2. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

You're right on Robbie having little impact on the last 7 games.

But I think you're wrong on not resigning him (unless Robbie demands top dollar, in which case Jamal Adams gets paid first). If Robbie agrees to a reasonable $7m per then I think he gets signed.

Robbie has the best hands and most speed of any WR we've had here since Al Toone. But w/o an OL and Play Action that gives Sam a 3-4 second clean pocket, well you know the rest.

IF JoeD thinks he can get 3 good lineman in here next season, he will resign Robbie. If JoeD thinks it may take at least TWO cycles to get our line where it needs to be, then he may let Robbie walk.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

The 2006 Raiders were a 2 and 14 team. The Raiders dumped Kerry Collins at the end of 2005 and started QB Andrew Walter who started 8 games and was sacked 46 times and had a QBR of 55.8. He dislocated his shoulder and was replaced by Aaron Brooks. Brooks was miles better getting sacked 26 times in 8 games with a QBR of 61.7. Yes 72 total sacks by 2 bad QB's. To give you some insight. Sam has been sacked 20 times in 6 games. That projects out to 53.3 for the year.

Moss played 13 games and the consensus was he didn't give a shit. He did lead the team in TD's with 3.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

BEST HANDS?!?

These guys beg to differ.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#84 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 12, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 12, 2019
  5. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

7M per? You can draft a guy like Robbie in the 4th round and pay him 900K and sign depth for both the D and OL with 7M per. 7M is big money for Robbie.

6. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

so basically you just proved my point that you were arguing against lol thanks for that!

7. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Agreed Robbie doesn't give a shit.

8. GasedAndConfused

4th round WRs in 2017 (so 2+ years to judge)
    dede westbrook - solid WR but worse then robby
    josh reynolds - bad WR
    mack hollins - bust
    josh malone - bust
    ryan switzer - bust
    jehu chessan - bust
    chad hansen - bust

you really do love making shit up huh

9. Jonathan_Vilma

But what's your point? That you cherry pick outlier situations for every argument you make?

10. GasedAndConfused

my point was that everything is connected in the NFL so stats aren't everything.
    if you have 2 players of identical talent and 1 is on a team with a 3rd string QB, no o-line and a WR1 while the other is on a team with a MVP QB, a great o-line and run game, and a WR2 next to a pro bowl TE and WR who do you think is going to produce more?

11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I believe in last Sunday's game Darius Slayton had 10 for 121 and 2 TD's. Robbie had 1 for 11. Slayton was taken in the 5th round this year.

12. Jonathan_Vilma

Being that they at different points in their career, averages would make sense, right? And it washes out any injuries. We can call the QB situation a wash, right?

Dede averages 46 yards/game, Robby Anderson averages 47 yards/game.

Dede averages 4.03 receptions/game. Robby averages 3.25 receptions/game.

They're essentially the same mediocre at best receiver at this point. But you generalize as if you know everything as usual.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Perfectly stated. I agree. Watched the game and it mattered to me too.

The draft is what it is. Yes in theory better to be picking higher but if the Jets finally decide to go OL early and often there is not much of a difference between #4 and say #7. What matters is whether or not they actually get the pick right.

I’d prefer they beat the Giants.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  14. GasedAndConfused

westbrook is better then you give him credit for and again you are just looking at stats. westbrook is a good WR but not as good as robby but close enough. the other 6 or so i listed were busts. so the idea you could easily replace robby in the 4th round being a 1 out of 8 chance makes it a joke

15. GasedAndConfused

you said 4th and slayton has been awful. it's easy when our 4th and 5th string CBs can't cover anyone. i mean tyrek hill was a 5th rounder it can happen but it's not often, easily not a given. you'd maybe have a 20% chance at best to land a WR in the 4th as good as robby. or you can get the next chad hensen.

16. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Preston Wilson had 5 for 72 2TD's against the Jets 2 weeks ago. UDFA. Robbie didn't show up.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Slayton has been awful, yet he has been miles more productive than Robbie this year. That's exactly the point. You don't throw serious money at a player in his contract year who isn't showing up.

18. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Studs and duds turned into 4 pages of debating Robbie Anderson. However, when the statement that Anderson has the best hands since Al Toon is floated, its time for everyone to go to the bar.

19. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

I agree with you, and will add that as long as the Maras run the team I will never change those feelings. You say current Giants fans got their attitude from their fathers, well, their fathers got it from Wellington Mara. Little Johnny was livid after the game, and nothing makes me happier. He can go fuck himself.

LogeSection2RowJ likes this.
  20. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

Damn, this forum doesn't allow me to give a post three likes.