Jets vs NYG Week 10 2019 - Studs and Duds

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GasedAndConfused, Nov 11, 2019.

1. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Good studs and duds G&C.

I spent a long while last night watching everything I could about Bless Austin. I think he may potentially be the biggest ray of sunshine we've had in awhile. I'm rooting for him big time.

I'm also kind of bullish on Compton. Winters has been about my least favorite Jet of recent years frankly except for maybe Tomlinson. Looking forward to seeing how Compton does over the coming weeks.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  2. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I'm sure Rodgers would love scrambling out of the pocket and looking backside to see Anderson standing there because he's not looking play side.

You're making the point more and more that he's not a very good receiver. He does one thing decently. He doesn't do anything else. If he's not doing that one thing, he's utterly useless.

3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

right robby just sits around and doens't try lol if that was the case the team wouldn't be happy with him

and no my point is his stats aren't good, but there are other factors involved. too many people here are just stat watchers. your the type to think DJ outplayed darnold yesterday becuase 4 TDs and 0 INTs and more yards to sams 1 TD but if you watched the game, darnold was better

also once again i'll link my threead proving you wrong but you won't read it. i probbaly linked you this 10 times and you ignore it https://www.forums.theganggreen.com...obbie-anderson-underrated-route-runner.92274/

4. Jonathan_Vilma

I've been back posting here for two months after a long hiatus. You've never linked it to me.

If he was as good as you say he'd have more production than he's shown over his career; bad QB situations or not.

5. GasedAndConfused

even randy moss sucked in oakland and everyone thought he was done. then he got traded to NE and broke records. things aren't always so cut and dry. there is a reason why the pats best defense has 2 players who were on the browns shitty 0-16 team 2 years ago. what i showed is that there is nothing wrong with robbys route running. robby was also on a pro bowl pace in 2017 with mccown at QB (lol) until he went down and petty was awful.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Daunte Culpepper says hi. Great WR in the NFL produce. Moss was arguably the best or 2nd best WR in NFL history. Moss was great whenever Moss wanted to be great. On a pretty shitty 4 and 12 Oakland team he had 60 receptions for over a 1000 yards and 8 TD's in 15 games. Great players produce period.

7. azhar80

azhar80 Well-Known Member

I dont get the Roby hate. I understand he is having a disappointing year, but that is not on him only. Jets Oline, QB play, coaching all have led to many problems.
    Roby Anderson doesnt run the best routes, but he catches the ball well, tracks the ball well, and have elite speed. I dont like playing, if he was on another team game, but if Roby was on the Chiefs... How can you cover Hill on one side and Roby on the other with Kelce clogging the middle? You cant. Chiefs offense vs Jets offense, no comparison LOL.

Roby is a not an issue on the field, off the field you make have a valid argument, but gladly he seems to have fixed that as well.

Mogriffjr likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Gase was talking smack about Anderson's sloppy play after the week 1 loss to the Bills.

I bet he's still pissed.

9. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

stud Jordan Jenkins for this interview

10. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

This is probably the worst OL the Jets have ever fielded. 2005 was rough after Mawae and Fabini got hurt but they had some decent young players on that line including Brandon Moore and Jonathan Goodwin. This line is just pure trash up and down the LOS and we're likely going to lose 6+ games more games than we would have with just an average line. Darnold, Bell and Gase have all taken hits from the lack of consistency on the line that may zero their careers.

Thanks for nothing Mike Maccagnan - you did the impossible by taking a bottomed out Jets franchise and leaving it worse off after just 5 drafts.

ColoradoContrails, FJF and azhar80 like this.
  11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

But he got us the BPA in 4 of those drafts. :p

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  12. Jonathan_Vilma

At least he got us Nathan "LT" Sheppard.

13. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

Is it just me or has the mood around here lightened somewhat?

The Jets beat the Giants. Darnold played well - by far his best game since Dallas. Several other players are now trending upwards ..... even the Dolphins went and won a road game. So much for tanking - and it takes some of the sting away from last week.

Don’t get me wrong the Jets are still bad and Gase is still an imbecile but ...... a nice little reprieve anyway.

14. PJ4Ever

PJ4Ever Well-Known Member

Sadly enough he’s their highest rated lineman by PFF lol

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Robby. R-O-B-B-Y. Robby.

16. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

If Robby is that bad why would teams have contacted the Jets about a trade, which amounts to little more than a half-season rental? Even if it was a fourth. Not to mention the Eagles interest last season on top.

GasedAndConfused likes this.
  17. LogeSection2RowJ

LogeSection2RowJ Well-Known Member

We all know the records of both teams, and the disastrous season it's been for both NY teams. That said, it's surprising there isn't more joy from winning this game. Not specifically here, but in general. I know I'm old school, but it was important to me to win. I went to the game. I went to a LOT of games, and wins over the Giants are rare and need to be enjoyed no matter the situation. I enjoyed the hell out of it. It's the Giants! The other NY team whose fans carry an air of superiority over us. The Giants fans at the game Sunday inherited that attitude from their fathers. Despite their horrible record, their fans showed up in droves Sunday and I for one was thrilled they left the stadium feeling as though the franchise is at an all time low. F them. They make fun of us whenever possible and basically think the Jets fans are slime. No matter how bad this year continues to be, beating them makes it better.

As for Jets fans, I don't know, not a whole lot of celebrating in the stadium for what it was. I get it, maybe the Giants fans are too stupid to realize the big picture... I go to take a piss after the Jets are up 14-0.The guy to my right is in a Jets jersey, so I say "nice being up 14-0!" All the dude can say back to me is "We'll be picking lower in the draft" WHAT??? I swear to god this draft order nonsense I hear from many Jets fans year after year will stroke me out one of these times. Why show up in Jets clothes to the game if you are not going to be happy having a 14-0 lead against Saquon, Danny Dimes, and Leonard Williams?? Stay home if you're concerned about dropping from the 3rd pick to the 5th pick. My buddy last week told me "I hope the Giants embarrass us this week to throw shame on the Johnsons and Gase". Then Sunday morning there he is at the tailgate wearing an Al Toon jersey and Jets jacket. I called him out on his proclamation. He didn't re state it. Then he left the tailgate in time to be there early enough for his "reward points". I shake my head...

We beat the Giants. Both teams are bad. THEY ARE WORSE. I live in the NY area. It still matters to me.

mrjet80 and FJF like this.
  18. GasedAndConfused

and followed that up with a 500 yard 3 TD season lol why didn't he produce that year?

19. GasedAndConfused

bingo. bad players don't get trade offers. i mean the jets shipped away lee for a 6th, sanders went for a 3rd and 5th DT went for a 4th. the jets wanted a 2nd for robby and teams were offering a 3rd.

TouchyFeely likes this.
  20. GasedAndConfused

i mean all jokes aside shepard and foley are beasting as 3rd round and 6th round picks. austin a 6th rounder looked great as well in his 1st game yesterday and phillips and UDFA is looking great. not to mention adams being the best safety in the NFL. plus cashman looked great as a 5th rounder. say what you want about mac and yeah rounds 2-4 he was mostly awful but he's found quite a few late round gems and pretty much always hit on his 1st rounder.