Adam Gase Thread (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Longsuffering88, Sep 16, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

That's why it's mind blowing that we go into a shell right after and simply can't figure it out there after. It speaks to the lack of adjustments being made. Because the two opening drive touchdown drives were literally flawless with great protection.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan, azhar80 and 2 others like this.
  2. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

The next adjustment that Gase makes will be his first. He is also maybe the worst game manager that I have ever seen. ANYONE would be a better choice for HC. He needs to go ASAP.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The odds are that Chris Johnson isn't going to fire Gase because he'd have to admit to the massive failure his decision to hire him was. But, it might just be possible that he's waiting to see what happens against the Giants. Losing to the Dolphins was disastrous, and might've been enough to convince Chris to fire him, but doing so might've caused enough turmoil to effectively ensure a loss to the Giants. I think CJ is giving Gase this one last shot. Sadly, maddeningly, if the Jets win, it likely means Gase gets to keep his job for at least the rest of the season no matter what.

The real problem continues to be a clueless owner who doesn't know he's clueless.

SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Of course she didn't. Like I said, she's lazy.

As a Jets fan I think you've suffered a lot already. A hair shirt sounds a bit extreme. Maybe kneel towards Metlife once a day and recant the mantra 'One day the Jets will be good' five times for a week.

NCJetsfan and Wahoo like this.
  5. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

If this team finishes 2-14 or 3-13 he will be out.

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

I don’t get the point of this post at all. Score =\ competitive. Nobody is complaining about the scores. We could lose every game 17-7 and not be competitive because that’s how bad our offense is. This team shows up flat every week. They all look bored and disinterested. They commit a shitload of penalties. It is possible to lose and show progress. We’re losing and regressing. That’s the competitive argument. Not the damn score.

7. cmcm750203

Took me a minute

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  8. NYJetsO12

NYJetsO12 Well-Known Member

Yes, and the massive failure of hiring Toilet Bowles and McDummy (who set back the entire roster) was also denied to the extent of punishing the Fans with extending Bowles a couple of more years

Disgusting Hubris on J & J will likely continue ..I wouldn't bet Gase gets canned after loss to Giants or at end of Season !

The answer is to deplete thus Franchise of every penny of revenue and have a 3 year Lease for Billboards

9. cmcm750203

I cannot believe that there are posts from yesterday that are still basically defending gase. I’m dumbfounded.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and NYJetsO12 like this.
  10. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

huh? "were losing and regressing" refers to the score does it not?

11. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

12. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

they say geniuses have a hard time fitting in :D

SOJAZ, ColoradoContrails and Acad23 like this.
  13. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

People are dumb

14. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

5 wins , a classic line out of Miami the dolphins are now 6-1 against the Jets with Gase as a head coach

SOJAZ likes this.
  15. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Question for you .is the line really that bad, on the opening drives of the last two games Sam has had time to pass and it shows in the touchdowns. These plays are usually scripted and practiced in order. The o-line looks ok, if they really sucked they would not have this success. Other teams talent would blow them up like the rest of the game. So why do we look good in the first drives and overmatched the rest of the way? Is it the defense adjustments,the blocking schemes too complicated once we get beyond scripted plays, Sams inability to read the defense. I do not know the answer.
    Interesting thinking about Gase in Miami he hated Ajayi, would not allow him to travel with the team week 1 of the season (Gases rookie yr) I think because of injuries he was forced to use him and I think he ran for 1200 yds.That was the yr Gase went 10-6. Gase of course traded him during his 2 season and that allowed him to no longer run the ball. Gase ran the ball with Drake ,etc about as much as he runs Bell now. If Gase went back to his roots of running the ball maybe it would open up the rest of his offense ,it can not get worst. Bell is far better then Ajayi ever was.

SOJAZ, NCJetsfan and azhar80 like this.
  16. thirtyoddfreestyle

thirtyoddfreestyle Well-Known Member

While basking in this win and the incredible play by jamal Adams... lest we not forget the true issues plaguing this team. The one the call ADAM GASE. please fire this man

17. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Keep fighting the good fight, brother!

I remember hearing/reading about Gase's Dolphins would start out great on offense then it would fall apart and it's no different here. It's like they spend all week planning the first 20 plays and after that they wing it except they suck and can plan things on the fly. Team was night and day first half and second half. Anyone other than the Giants (maybe Bengals) prob would've put us in the rear view and never looked back

SOJAZ, stinkyB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  18. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

The NY press is now saying that Gase has saved his job, how Sam is in his corner, etc. But the reality is that he still sucks. His playcalling was not much different, and the big plays mostly came as the result of Darnold doing something off script. Yes, there were a few new wrinkles - the flea flicker, Sam moving on designed plays a few times, but overall it was still the same. If it were a team any better than the Giants, they would've lost - again.

That said, I'm sure Chris is just letting the ink dry on a new contract extension for the "Genius".

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

No way he has to be a good coach he won a game today!!We cant win anymore games this season or this idiot is going to end up staying the coach.

20. PabloJa

PabloJa Well-Known Member

Unfortunately I think we win against the Redskins and the Bengals, and maybe even the rematch against Miami. We’ll be stuck with Gase for another season if that happens.