The Banner Flies High!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

Dude, love you man, but just how fucking fat are your fingers?

2. Dierking

Gonna go out on a limb and say that all through your life you haven't been a billionaire.

Cman68 likes this.
  3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Okay, let's say the bold part is true:

What's your solution right now? Go out on Monster or Linked and hire a bunch of replacements to start this week?

No, the IMMEDIATE problem is a HC that sucks, that's making the potential FQB worse every day, and who cannot make adjustments to the personnel and game situations he has. Yes, by all means, upgrade the roster, but that ain't gonna happen any time soon, so your "solution" is useless in the short term where we need it.To go back to my triage analogy, your way would be to look at the patient with a sucking chest wound and say "Well, he's overweight, blood pressure is high, and he smokes, so let's take care of those issues and then we can get to dealing with that pesky chest wound".

PabloJa, SOJAZ and NYJetsO12 like this.
  4. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, it would be much more sensible to stick with an unworkable playbook than to make the QB learn new plays that might have a chance of working.:rolleyes:

PabloJa, Jets81, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  5. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I disagree. What's worse, playing in his 3rd offense in 3 years or playing in an offense in which his skill set is not a match, and he has little or no chance of success? I definitely think it's the latter. I think Sam is better suited for a more Pro Set style of offense rather than the spread.

PabloJa, SOJAZ and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. NCJetsfan

I totally disagree that that would be a factor. If anything, it shows that the fanbase is knowledgeable and passionate. This franchise has been a joke and an embarrassment for most of the last 50 years. If I were a HC candidate I wouldn't want to go work for a team whose fanbase was apathetic or didn't care if they won or lost. I would want passionate fans, as I know that they would be my ally in helping getting the players fired up and playing with passion and energy. Any HC candidate that isn't as clueless as Bowles or Gase will know how abysmal and noncompetitive the Jets have been this season (except for the Cowboy game). They can easily figure out that Gase has made no adjustments, no changes, and they know that Gase was bad in Miami. Potential HC candidates probably already knew what a big mistake it would be for the Jets to hire Gase before they actually did.

A quality coach wouldn't be working in an environment of banners and billboards, because he'd have the team playing better, more competitively, more disciplined and the team would be showing progress.

Jets81, Cman68, SOJAZ and 1 other person like this.
  7. NCJetsfan

Stupid post, in fact one of the dumbest I've ever seen on any Jets fan site. If the Jets fire the fanbase, the stadium would be empty except for opposing team fans. How embarrassing would that be? They'd lose money hand over fist, and the NY media would be ripping them on a daily basis. Yeah, real intelligent. The Jets have been a clown show for most of the time that the Johnsons have owned the team, and that is solely because of their stupidity and the bad hires they have made. The Jets have sucked for most of the last 50 years. The fanbase has every right to be up in arms. If we weren't we'd be apathetic or wouldn't care whether we won or lost. That's BS.

8. NCJetsfan

And most of the last 50 years haven't been embarrassing? The Johnsons' cluelessness and horrible hires haven't been embarrassing? All the horrific drafts haven't been embarrassing?

Cman68 and SOJAZ like this.
  9. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Or the Fanbase just stops caring...

10. Jets_Grinch

Jets_Grinch Well-Known Member

Which is the most dangerous option. The banner shows passion and that we care enough to put in the effort. What happens when we get to the point we just shrug our shoulders and move on? No more merch sales, no more PSL's and severly low TV ratings. Won't matter at that point, people won't come back.

Cman68 and SOJAZ like this.
  11. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

There is no solution for this season...it’s a lost cause and firing Gase now won’t do shit with this garbage oline

Teams know we can’t run the ball even with Bell and they just tee off on Darnold and overrun protection

Gase should be calling more roll outs, screens, etc but they can’t even run fundamental and basic plays properly

Edoga is a backup rookie RT starting at LT...that says it all

Mr mittens likes this.
  12. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

King, your statement assumes there is protection...

13. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

The sad thing is that whatever the team performance has been over the last 50 years the income from owning the club has been so good it doesn't matter to the owner what the team performance has been.

Why sell when it doesnt matter how the team performs and what fans think - the income is coming in...

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. Dierking

I get what you're saying, but Leon Hess wasn't in it for the money. He wasn't a good owner by any measure, but he kept the team in Shea until the last feasible moment, kept ticket prices below market, and was pretty good to the fans other than putting a decent team on the field.

You could get a nice toy truck from him during the holidays too.

15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You are correct, sir. Now tell us how your cogent remark is relevant.

16. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

The brothers Johnson have about five billion dollars between the two of them. To pay Bowles and Gase even ten million dollars total would represent about two tenths of one percent of their net worth. Paying that would come from the Jets which represent about two thirds of their wealth and would be a business expense that would be an offset to revenue so the net affect would be less.

That is the same percentage as a guy here who has about half a million between his house, cars, maybe a boat, some retirement funding and a bit of savings and would be happy to pay a thousand bucks to a dentist to finally end a toothache they've had since they were born.

Time to put that line of thinking to rest.

17. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Its the Johnson's way of thinking that matters...

18. Doreblade

Doreblade Active Member

You are spot on there Dierking and also kind to me, my rant was an overgeneralized rant but heartfelt because I'm tired of 30 years + of general mediocrity with a few years of some good moments because our current owners accept that as long as the team achieves meritocrity then the dollars come in.

I may not see it right, being on the wrong side of the pond and starved of decent info, news etc. but I believe Sam is a generational FQB and it saddens me that we are destroying him in less than 1 year due to the ownership love of income over creating a long term successful football franchise that wil produce financial return because it IS successful.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

19. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Hate dreamer fans

20. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

I'm actually not so sure about that. If he got fired right now I have to believe his career would be over. I can't imagine he'd ever get another HC interview let alone actual job and I'm not sure teams would be lining up for his OC services after watching this blocking scheme of his in action either for that matter.