The Banner Flies High!!

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by LongIslandBlitz, Nov 8, 2019.

1. Bellys Lies

Bellys Lies Well-Known Member

Actually our schedule seems hard but I saw somewhere many teams have a harder sos so far

2. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

I wonder if the the Jets organization will counter with a Fire the Jets fan base banner, this stupidity just adds to the clown show atmosphere around here, 2nd time in the last few years brilliant.

jonnyd, Mr mittens and Jake like this.
  3. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

LOL...that’s all fine but I just personally think the banners and non stop bitching about Gase is a little much. If he doesn’t somehow turn this disaster completely around (which he won’t) then fire him, I couldn’t care less

The immediate problem is the roster construction, not Gase and that’s my point...Gase could do OK with a good team, I don’t think a good coach could have this team doing well if we ran the exact season with all the crazy injuries and shit we’ve seen

But all you hear is Gase this, Gase that. Vince Lombardi would be 2-6 with this shitshow

Mr mittens likes this.
  4. King Koopa

King Koopa Well-Known Member

I’d like to see a team with a tougher schedule, but regardless it doesn’t matter when you look so bad against the Dolphins. We’re a very bad team no argument here

You might be right about Gase...as for Sam it’s a tough situation. I don’t think the oline suddenly gets better if we fire Gase, so what do you want? Max protect constantly and run 2 yard passes? That does nothing for Sam’s development.

I’d rather just use the mono excuse (which probably isn’t even an excuse- I didn’t feel normal until like 4 months later when I had mono) and shut him down completely for the season than water down the offense simply because the oline is such trash

5. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Fire Jets Fans?

This is the dumbest thought I’ve ever read

wow

Go to school. Take a class in free market capitalism

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Our OL is not going to get markedly better, but they can at least attempt to block every rusher and not leave any unblocked. That should help Sam. If Gase is fired and Cooter takes over the offense, I would expect to see more rollouts and bootlegs like last year, where Sam had some success. I would expect to see Bell going out for more short passes. I would expect to see some quick slants and faster developing routes. I don't see that as watering it down. Gase's system doesn't work, at least with out personnel. I'd rather see it modified, and the offense at least have a chance to get some momentum. I don't expect them to win much, but being at least competitive would be nice, and stop beating themselves with stupid penalties.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  7. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

"I wonder if the the Jets organization will counter with a Fire the Jets fan base banner, this stupidity just adds to the clown show atmosphere around here, 2nd time in the last few years brilliant."

Any logical thinking Jets' fan has already fired himself.

NYJetsO12 likes this.
  8. Mr mittens

Mr mittens Active Member

Gase will not be fired this year. You can not make sam and this offense learn a new play book every year . That would be 3 in 3 years. Team will get better. When we start to get healthy and start drafting better. This is the first year they are here. The reason we got a new gm and coach is because they sucked. Did you think just because jd was gm even before he had a draft or fa that we where great?
    Every one thought since bowls was fired addition by subtraction and we were a play off team? Nope it was a below ave roster that was paper thin in depth. And the injuries happen and a bad ol. Is why we got this shit show now. Don’t get me wrong Gase has not been good but you can’t judge him on this short time here and what has happened. Hell after he signed he saw how bad we were and got Mac fired. He’s not all that bad or we have a different coach and Big Mac still drafting. For that alone I’m giving him two years to show some thing. And the people who pay money to fly a banner to fire him is sad. I hope everyone who Chiped in gets fired from there job so quickly.

Dierking likes this.
  9. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Are you kidding me?This guy cant coach football...Some of you guys are so blind

10. LongIslandBlitz

We will waste 3 years if we keep Adam Gase here...Hes not a good coach

NYJetsO12 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  11. LongIslandBlitz

Giants job will likeley be open...We will get to see Mcarthy take them to a Superbowl one day.

12. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

You don't get it, Jake.

The right coach for this team is not a coach who would care in the slightest about billboards or airborne banners. The right coach wouldn't care about what's written in the papers or talked about on radio. He would laugh at the comments on social media if he even bothered to read them.

The right coach for this job is the guy who has the confidence in himself to know he would never face such fan reaction because he would never allow his team to be a laughing stock. He would be a guy smart enough and strong enough to lead by example. You'd never find him in a post-game press confidence looking at the floor, shaking his head and saying "we just need to play better." He'd be looking right at the camera and taking the burden entirely on his own shoulders and promising immediate change. He'd carry that message into the locker room, and yes, even into the training room. A guy who leads by example and accepts nothing but a complete effort from himself and every member of the staff and the team.

We don't need namby-pamby mumbling and buck passing and don't want another guy like that. We want a guy who knows the only way to solve a problem is to attack it!

Now, a two part question for you and Mittens and JF69 and whoever else is suggesting that the Jets keep Gase for another year or two: 1) How can you justify his hiring and 2) what of a positive nature have you seen him demonstrate since then? Don't bother with the platitudes and excuses just tell us about his qualifications and those positive things you've seen that the rest of us have apparently missed.

ColoradoContrails and PabloJa like this.
  13. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I’m opposed to billboards and banners and three OCs in three years for Sam.

That said, Gase himself was pretty cold blooded with Darren Lee and Jake Politte, so the idea of a very short leash isn’t one that he should be immune to.

Of course, both Gase and Bowles will be under contract next season and there’s zero chance the Jets will be paying three salaries.

Cman68 likes this.
  14. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

Don't worry. At this rate Jet fans will quit. The organization created this clown show, not the fans. I suppose complete and total apathy would be an improvement.

Jets69 likes this.
  15. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I get the idea of being opposed to three OCs in three years, but the alternative, apparently, is to find the worst one he's seen and stick with him. That is much more unacceptable to me.

And all through my life, I've learned that you pay for your mistakes; paying the price keeps people from repeating them. If it has taken Woody and Christopher this long to learn that one of life's little lessons, they're way overdue.

16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

So rather than make Sam (assuming he even is the QB next year) learn a third playbook, you want to stick him with this one? At least give him a chance.

17. LongIslandBlitz

According to Manish Metha his sources have said the Johnsons have no plans on making a coaching change at the end of the season...We need more then Banners guys

18. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

its so emabrrassing

Jake and Aero like this.
  19. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

They're not paying 3 guys to stay away.

20. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

It's either that or the fanbase stays away.

NYJetsO12 and NCJetsfan like this.