First Overall Pick?

Discussion in 'Draft' started by BamaDoc, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Forget JUST missing on Wentz and Goff (even though I think Goff is about to hit a downslope when he has to carry the team on that contract).

They also traded down to 15 to take Corey Coleman over:

Zeke Elliott
    Joey Bosa
    Jalen Ramsey
    Ronnie Stanley
    DeForrest Buckner
    Laremy Tunsil

Among some other contributors. I think the important part is not who you miss out on. But make sure you get a 5 year starter/contributor.

2. GeshJet

GeshJet Active Member

There is half a season to evaluate Sam. (f he is not clearly the franchise QB they thought, Jets could draft Tua at #1. It would be an interesting decision. If they decide to go with Sam, a trade down which will yield an incredible Tua-haul, is clearly the way to go, I think.

3. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

Anybody who was estatic about the Gase hiring is inept and incompetent and i dont want to speak to them.They shouldnt be allowed to be fans of the team anymore....They were in full blown dreamer mode not seeing the disaster that was about to happen..This all started with the Bills game they never overcame losing that game..Then Mosley and Darnold were out etc...Gase cant face any kind of adversity he crumbles.

4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

I suggested this a week or two ago and got slammed. If you do this you're not kicking Darnold to the curb as some have said, you're not giving up on him, you're telling him he needs to get better and he has to compete to keep his job. Tua would know he also wasn't getting a free ride. The time to do it is now when both would still be on rookie contracts. Between the two of them you should be able to find a true FQB and maybe a backup. The worst case scenario is that you would end up with two number ones. What's the trade value in having an extra NFL caliber starting QB?

5. Ralebird

What about those who claim to have been against the Gase hiring but still believe he deserves two or three years to prove unequivocally that he's incompetently awful?

6. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

A third rounder minus a sixth rounder apparently. :mad::mad::mad:

7. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

He doesnt even deserve to coach the game against the Giants...There are fans wearing paper bags over there heads to games right now..Name a time where it was this bad around here besides the Kotite era..Rex Ryan deserves a gold jacket when you compare him to Gase..

8. Ralebird

Is that all the Saints could get for Bridgewater today? Or the Jaguars for Minchew?

9. Ralebird

September 15, 1974 - November 19, 1975

jilozzo likes this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

That's just not how the NFL works. In theory it sounds ok. The ULTIMATE quarterback competition.

Teams will not allocate two top 5 picks in three years and keep both to battle to the death to see who starts. Look at the long history of newly drafted first round quarterbacks and what's happened to their predecessor.

Joe Flacco didn't even make it through Lamar Jackson's rookie year before he was replaced. Alex Smith was traded the off-season heading into Patrick Mahomes second year. As far back as Brees getting moved when Rivers was ready to play.

It just won't happen.

11. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

1st pick in the draft doesn't matter. Getting the number 1 pick isn't what changes a franchise. Just google No1 picks from last 10 years and none of those players suddenly changed a franchise around. It's coaching and how the team is run. That is why the same franchises thrive in the AFC every year. We'll be picking high, but unless we have good personnel ready to turn our pick into a star then it's a waste of time. Goff is a good example, with Fisher, wasn't ready and looked Raw, with Mcvay, Playoffs and Superbowls. People point to us picking Adams when could have gone for Mahomes or Watson. The reason Mahomes and Watson look as good as they do is because they have good coaching. Just like Lamar Jackson with a Harbaugh at Baltimore. If they came here they would have looked good for a bit before our circus sucked them into being rubbish. It happened to Sanchez and unless we change it will happen to Darnold too. We can not give our next draft class to Gase or we will just waste another off season. Needs a reset right now of how the Jets are run.

If we do get number 1 pick i would trade it away for a haul of picks as we need help all over, But before April we need a new coach picked by Douglas and the Johnsons to leave football decisions to Douglas. Then lets see what Douglas and co can do.

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Andrew Luck says hi.

13. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

i tell u if by chance we do get #1 that could likely return a helluva load of draft picks or a combination of picks and players. Not quite hershel walker style but it could come close.

tua will be a very, very good NFL qb no doubt, a stud.

14. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I am proud to have shown my dissatisfaction in the 70s & 80s & 90s by wearing a paper bag to NYJs home game. I also got arrested for putting flyers on the fans cars urging them to boycott Hess gas :mad:

15. championjets69

Because of this post I doubt U have looked up our last 10 years of #1 picks do that & then get U can withdraw this post using the excuse silliness :mad:

16. championjets69

Yes at least there is one poster besides myself who can see the forest from the trees:mad:

Yorkshire Jet likes this.
  17. championjets69

Do U realize that ALMOST EVERY post posted on this forum was WRONG? :mad:

18. Jonathan_Vilma

I didn't. Thanks for clarifying.

19. Yorkshire Jet

Yorkshire Jet Member

Colts were good before him and are now still good without him. Good coaching and well run. Also never went to a superbowl. If he were a jet and were coached by us would have been even worse.

20. championjets69

Yessir & I mean at least 99 %of them were totally BS just plain simple BS Just to be sure that includes your posts as well :mad: