Starting to question Joe Douglas

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by jets12, Nov 5, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I’ll judge him on his drafts.

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

ouch

even I’m not that dark of a darksider

James Hasty likes this.
  3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Love the use of “zero” in place of the letter”o” for O-line

I’m gonna use that one

clever

Acad23 likes this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

There will always be people lining up to take a job in the NFL, regardless of where it is. Your time here will be difficult if you push that type of argument.

5. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

We are a team void of talent....Trading the only good players we have for lottery tickets isnt gonna help us the way people think.Raiding peoples practice squads isnt gonna help us either..

zace likes this.
  6. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I did not love his presser last week but in all fairness lets see how this Gase fiasco actually plays out and lets judge JD after a free agency period and a draft before we bury him andvtrust me if this guy sucks and is not the real deal I will be one of the first toss dirt on his grave

SOJAZ and NCJetsfan like this.
  7. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

This is way premature.

I think we at least need to give him the chance to fuck it all up, he has been doing what he can with his hands tied behind his back at this juncture with the team.

Gotta give him the keys to the place before we throw him out.

PabloJa, BudJet, SOJAZ and 3 others like this.
  8. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

Most people say that you've got to give a draft class at least 3 years before you judge whether it's good or bad. JD hasn't drafted a single player yet and people are already doubting him.

Holy shit...

PabloJa, horsehead, SOJAZ and 4 others like this.
  9. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Making judgement on JD at this junction, without the benefit of even one draft, inheriting nothing but trash including tainted Osemele from Mac, plus inheriting a glorified low level egomaniac coach curtesy of our idiot owners, is absolutely the dumbest perception yet. From my viewpoint this thread is absolute BS and two years before one can ever assess him properly. Sorry, but I’m so done with this line of thinking.

PabloJa, BudJet, SOJAZ and 7 others like this.
  10. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

There's a difference between doubting him and trashing him. I don't think anyone here's trashing him. But TBH the fact that he took this job with Gase as coach is enough to doubt him. It's like the Groucho Marx quote, "I refuse to join any club that would have me as a member."

11. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

You can't question Douglas, Gase has not mare him available to the media!!!
    :D

Cman68 likes this.
  12. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

It's no different than the praise he's been receiving for his excellent draft history since he was hired.....
    I do agree we have to wait to see how things play out. By this time next season , we should have some idea .
    Hopefully the circus atmosphere is gone, because this season has been a mess,on and off the field. And it's far from over. Let's see how much of it he can clean up and what his team building and draft philosophy is.

13. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

I don't care if Douglass came late to the dance. He made no moves to improve this team and was a part of putting a hideous sub-standard product on the field (can't even find a half-ass kicker to start the season). And only one trade before the deadline? It's even starting to look like this Douglass and Gase were brought in to keep the team down in the dumps.

Some of the players may have caught on to the charade from early and are playing like dogshit to expedite the release of their taskmasters. I wouldn't put anything past this franchise, considering the unprofessional way in which they operate. Why have they clammed up and stayed silent about this situation? Probably don't want to slip up by saying something stupid.

14. ConcordeChops

ConcordeChops 2018 International Poster Award Winner

Remind me, had Douglas made any scouting hires? Or is he going to be picking based on scouting assessments made by the same guys that recommended Polite?

Stagman and Cman68 like this.
  15. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

I don't recall it being announced either way. I think Gase got rid of a few immediately he got temporary control, but given that scouting contracts tend to run draft to draft I would imagine it is still Mac's guys.

16. BrickcityJet

BrickcityJet Well-Known Member

Way too early to bag on him. He was hired after the draft. He basically was doing damage control in a really bad season. There’s only so many moves you can make with free agents.

PennyRoyal10 and FJF like this.
  17. PennyRoyal10

PennyRoyal10 Well-Known Member

I didn't accuse anybody of trashing him. I said that people were already doubting him...

18. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

You're being mean!!!

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  19. zace

zace Well-Known Member

It's fucking unreal. This fan base is ass and toxic as hell. SMH, it's doen right comical. Yet fans think they can run this team better.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Brook! likes this.
  20. Cman68

Well, him bringing us The Great Kalil certainly didn't give me the warm and fuzzies..Should have just rode with Harrison and deal with the center position during the offseason. I'm waiting for an overhaul of the scouting dept. as well as those guys couldn't spot a beach ball in a coal pit.

SOJAZ likes this.
  21. Cman68

Its the way we're losing that has this fan base lighting the torches. The fan base is toxic because the team and its ownership is.. If this team doesn't get its collective head out of its ass PDQ, its only gonna get worse and worse. JD doesn't have to get it done tomorrow, but he can't take forever either. Gase's leash gets shorter by the loss. This is the current state of affairs in Jet Nation for better or worse.