Did Darnold Progress, digress, egress? (Merged)

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Aug 25, 2018.

1. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

Some of y'all gonna flame me for this but I say sit Darnold rest of year. He's being ruined by this coach and o line. I still believe in him.

Sit him to save him from this mess.

2. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

I’m going to go out on a limb that shouldn’t even have existed ......

I think Sam is a very high quality prospect with good skills, talent, football IQ, humility, and overall positive mindset

yes, he has severely been fucked up since the Pats game, but I have faith in him with the right plan.

with the right coach and talent, I believe he could be a very high quality NFL QB.

The thing I see is a young Big Ben. Lord knows the Stealers protected him, babied him, nurtured him in the first few years. They asked him to Just be a game manager. Don’t you guys remember?

then he blossomed (as a player not human) over time

I’m so sad that so many fans have given up on him

he’s a much better prospect that Sanchez was.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  3. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Stop blaming Darnold.

Does Le’veon Bell all of a sudden suck? Of course not, it’s the OLine and scheme. Stop it.

I’d agree if Darnold was throwing INTs and we can run the ball effectively. but we can’t even run a PA where the kid can step into the throw.

Again. Stop the foolish stuff. Darnold is fine.

BudJet, MJK, NYJFOREVER and 3 others like this.
  4. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, he's been seeing all 16 defenders on the field, he just can't figure out which five are the ghosts.

Acad23 likes this.
  5. Ralebird

Explain how that will help him improve his game.

On the other hand, making coaching changes now may give him the help he needs.

6. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

grest point with Bell

this guy was literally (that word again) the TOP player in the history of the NFL in yards from scrimmage avg per game before the season started

if a proven entity like that can’t get yards, you know something is up

7. electrolyte

electrolyte Member

What I witnessed on Sunday, was unspeakable.

I don't blame Sam Darnold, though I should. It's his responsibility to sit in front of the TV for hours and study game film to prepare. I mean, it's my Dolphins. We give up, on average, 32+ points per game. Our secondary is TURRIBLE. We even sat out our best player, CB X. Howard....

Darnold should have gone out there and feasted on our secondary, like every team has done. But give him slack because he's young and inexperienced.

Ultimately, I would blame Gase for the lack of preparation. It's on his shoulders to make sure his young QB is prepared and learning the NFL game. Darnold should have had a career day carving up the laughably bad Dolphins D.

Really no excuse to be so badly defeated. Throwing multiple INT's to no name scrubs on our depth chart? Gase is supposed to help Darnold learn the NFL. He failed him. Sunday should have been a big game for Darnold.

#227 electrolyte, Nov 6, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 6, 2019
    Bellys Lies likes this.
  8. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Don't start thinking you can suck your way into a lower draft slot.

Our 0-line is way shittier than your secondary.

We'll totally out suck you next game... :confused:

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Hey, trashing the Jets is our job!

Acad23 likes this.
  10. Jedi mind tricks

Jedi mind tricks Well-Known Member

He will not continue to develop bad habits behind this o line with this coach.
    He was more poised in the pocket as a rookie than he is now. He's panicking as soon as anyone gets near him.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

He improved today. Was that the Giants? Was it him stepping up? Was it him learning from his mistakes? All the above? Whatever, I hope it continues.

I am certain that it was NOT Gase because I saw very little change in his playcalling. Well, at the end he DID use Sam's mobility a little bit, or maybe that was just Sam improvising. In any case, GAse still needs to go away. Sadly, this win probably ensures he staysa

fggrimes and K'OB like this.
  12. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

Sam made some nice reads. They also did a bit more boot action, used his mobility more out there. Sam will be fine, I'm convinced of it. Plus he puts the ball right on his WR's on the short and intermediate throws.

13. shabbtastic

shabbtastic Well-Known Member

I think we will be “fine” with Sam! But in all seriousness if we can’t execute positive yards (+5) on first down we can’t expect to put Sam in a position to make big plays. These remind up the guy on 1st down when everyone (and my mom) can see this coming is just putting ourselves in a 2nd and long. And 50/50 there is a “mystery” flag and kills us. Can the coaching distaff PLEASE be more proactive.

14. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Darnold is fine when he gets protection...this shit ain't rocket science.

15. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Wish he’d hit on the deep ball. He seems to overthrow receivers that have a step quite often.

Other then that, the guy just has no protection when he drops back. It’s the worst OL I’ve ever seen. It’s amazing that he’s able to move the chains at all.

jilozzo, fggrimes and papapump like this.
  16. Dierking

Dierking Well-Known Member

I say let him play

17. Ralebird

This season Darnold has gotten worse but the idea that putting him on the bench for half a season in hopes that will stop his slide is ridiculous. He has to work through it and needs help to do so. Getting him the right help means getting rid of Gase.

18. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

It was nice to not see Edoga get abused at LT. Sam continuously stepped up behind Edoga and moved to the right whenever a Edoga got beat. It was a handful of times. Hopefully Beachum being back helps.

PennyRoyal10 likes this.
  19. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

not sure which OL was worse. with the giants injuries along the line they lowered themselves to the jets level. when healthy the giants line is better, no doubt.

pretty sure both the LSU and bama lines could come in here and keep darnold dirt free for the most part.

really is a disgrace that an NFL team allows this to happen. realize some circumstances are beyond control but its not like we lost 3/5th's of a good line to ACL tears. AND with a young QB to boot.

disgrace.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  20. Attackett

Attackett Well-Known Member

Good to see a Darnold isn’t completely broken yet.