Enough with the "Fire Gase" rhetoric

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenInTheBowl, Nov 3, 2019.

1. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Right. And I'm saying that's a losers mentality. This isn't a Suck for Luck or Peyton situation where we're trying to get the can't miss generational talent at QB. I think it's better for the franchise to win games down the stretch. That means players are getting better.

2. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Do you want to see us be competitive or do you want to keep gase for the rest of the year? Because I don’t think both is a real option.

3. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I don't see where we have a "core" of young players that need to get better. It's a pretty trashy 53 man roster. Bell and Crowder will be fine. I'm not sure we shouldn't be in the draft for a QB next year.

4. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

i'll never complain about wins, but a higher draft pick helps to rebuild more. I also personally don't think it's fair to fire a coach after 8 games or even 1 season. especially with our issues at o-line and injuries and having a young QB still learning.

lol probably isn't. call it wishful thinking

5. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

Schotty is currently unavailable as he is the OC and play caller for the fourth best offense in yards per game in the NFL. Perhaps the Jets problems lie a lot higher up than who we hire as OC?

Biggs likes this.
  6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

Spot on and as much as we all hated Paul Hackett, the only QB that remotely resembled a franchise QB post Namath, that the NY Jets actually drafted was developed by Paul Hackett.

Jonathan_Vilma likes this.
  7. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Normally, I would agree. Especially a new Head Coach with a bad roster. Gase is not new though. We saw him for 3 years in Miami and he was bad. The offense has looked terrible. The team has no energy and clearly doesn't play hard for Gase. His play calling is awful. His adjustments are nonexistent. He is making our franchise QB go backwards instead of forwards. They can barely line up right and don't seem to know how protections work or actual plays or routes to run. It's unbelievable. I think now would be a great time to fire Gase. It would show that Christopher Johnson has high standards and this has been unacceptable. It would show that he admits his mistakes and wants to get this franchise on the right track. However, I don't think it will happen. Probably not at all until after the 2020 season at the earliest.

8. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

The idiot Johnson already said gase is going nowhere, time to move onto a different topic

9. SOJAZ

SOJAZ Well-Known Member

he played a hell-of-a lot better last year, last four games. he has regressed period... Except for Dallas game he has not looked like the same player as last year... he is lacking confidence and I believe he doesn't trust the schemes any longer…

10. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Member

Sorry cuz. Milk already spoiled.

11. Footballgod214

Footballgod214 Well-Known Member

To be honest the only player who looks like he's given up is Sam Darnold....

Acad23 likes this.
  12. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

The Dallas game?

Ain't that the one where we scored 3 pts. in the 2nd half?

13. Footballgod214

Sam's head has not been in the game, this is clear. Much more will come out.

14. Footballgod214

The set up is fine.....just don't call Gase out for a poor defensive effort.

15. Footballgod214

TGG fans who (in training camp) pointed out our O-Line is beyond horrible and 1) will get Sam or whoever is under center killed, 2) will fail to open holes for Bell, and 3) MAY, if we're lucky, lead us to 5 wins, were spot on.

That being said, FIRE GASE!

16. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

Of course you should, he isn't responsible for just how the offense is playing. He is the fucking HC for fuck sakes.

He is literally responsible for the entire team.

Why bother with a HC if you only expect him to be our OC?

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Footballgod214

On paper, sure. Similar to how the team was structured with Rex. He ran the D, Shotty ran the offense. We really didn't crucify Rex (at first) when Shotty called a 4 yard button hook on 3rd and 5.

18. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Our problem isn't that Gase ignores the defense. It's that he pays attention to the offense.

IIMeanDeanII, jetsknicks1 and Wahoo like this.
  19. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

Gase likes Darnold, but he clearly didn't like what he saw in this roster overall because he went to ownership and got MacCagnan fired and basically had HIS guy brought in as GM.

20. dmw

dmw Well-Known Member

I don't know enough about the Dolphins to say who has a better roster, but I know that the Jets' OL is the worst and they have absolutely no edge rushers and their linebacking corps is decimated by injuries and their cornerbacks are horrendous and they are thin at wide receiver. The Jets have many HUGE, GLARING weaknesses.