Enough with the "Fire Gase" rhetoric

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenInTheBowl, Nov 3, 2019.

1. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Whatever way gets us to the top pick

2. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

3. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Figuratively speaking you should throw his ass off the train

He sucks and is ruining Sam

#103 Longsuffering88, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
    PabloJa and CBG like this.
  4. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

jets were like middle of the pack defensively and that’s with terrible corners and no edge help. They are great at stopping the run and they try not to get beat deep by playing off or inside technique. At this point they are just trying to bend but don’t break, as the offense continues to struggle

5. IIMeanDeanII

IIMeanDeanII Well-Known Member

We are stuck with the owners. Fuckers can't be fired, unfortunately. However... Law of averages and all... They gotta find a winner at some point.

Gase, sure as shit isn't a winner. He has to go, steps have to be made, the guy should already be out the door. How he is still employed is fucking nuts.

NCJetsfan and ColoradoContrails like this.
  6. MoWilkBeast

MoWilkBeast Well-Known Member

Gase is stubborn. He won't change. I don't really think he thinks there is any reason to change. He thinks his plays work, it's just that the players aren't good enough. He may be right about that, but that's even more reason to simplify things and do something different. A new OC and HC would change things. That, along with the potential to really go to town on recruiting a new HC rather than doing it on a short, postseason timescale, is enough reason to change now for me.

7. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

He's a quitter. Just see the picture of him sitting on the bench alone scribbling on his play chart between two high power fans while the team goes down in flames.

In fact that would make a great poster if someone photoshopped fire all around him incinerating everything but him.

[​IMG]

#107 Ralebird, Nov 5, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 5, 2019
  8. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

This setup is complete bullshit. A head coach that coaches half the team..

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  9. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

I don't disagree with what you're saying but lets see this weekend. The team is starting to give up and in house fight. That's on the coach. Sometimes it's subtraction by addition. I think we are there. Clearly Douglas and Johnson don't but it will be soon. Especially if Leonard Williams get s a few sacks and we are outcoached by Shurmur which will happen. I look forward to seeing Gase sitting on the bench by himslef. So bad.

10. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

The kickers don't even want to sit next to him. Surpirsed Loggains isn't there because the two of them together are an offensive genius. Offensive alright.

11. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

Yeah, since when did the responsibilities of the HEAD Coach, get reduced to just worrying about the offense? Only on the Jets, only with the clueless owners they have who really do believe that you can have two chefs cooking the main course.

The latest edition of Websters has the Jets logo next to the definition of "dysfunction".

12. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

my bad. they made GW the interim HC and kitchens was the OC and associate HC (whatever that means lol) still the point stands. whats 5-3 down the strech gonna get us if GW did it again? at this point we could win out and not make the playoffs so it's kind of pointless. I just want to see us be competitive

13. GasedAndConfused

darnold isn't going to get ruined from having a bad coach for a year. I love how you all can speak for darnold because apparently your his dad or something lol. He's an adult and an NFL QB, he's not an old dog you can't teach new tricks. he'll be fine

14. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Well that's the point that we may disagree on. I believe GW as the interim coach makes us more competitive. You just said you want to be competitive but don't care if we win or lose down the stretch?

It's a lot easier to build a winning culture around a team that can win. Playoffs no withstanding, winning games meaning some of the players under contract will be progressing. Most importantly, Darnold.

15. ColoradoContrails

Tell that to David Carr.

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The list of QB's enduring the most sacks in a season is a very interesting compilation of players. The sad part is that Darnold is on Pace to finish second on that list behind David Carr's rookie year (76).

I don't think one season like that SHOULD completely damage a quarterback prospect as there are guys on the list that have rebounded OK. DeShaun Watson (age 22) and Randall Cunningham (age 23) are both in the top ten. Dak Prescott (age 25) is 15th. Drew Bledsoe is on the list several times and Tony Eason as well.

Hopefully the offensive line improves so Darnold doesn't make the top 20 of that list.

17. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

Because our QB got to be salvaged from I going to be hit on each & every pass play & be so scare to get a snap he will just throw the ball for anybody to catch which BTW he is already doing:mad:

18. ColoradoContrails

Not everyone is built the same way. Some can take more punishment than others. Maybe Sam can take it, maybe he can't, but why subject him to it? Whatever Gase is doing is exposing Darnold to more risk, and it's now showing up in his performance. It's inexcusable that Gase should be allowed to continue to ruin the best QB prospect we've had in years. And once a player starts hearing "footsteps". it's very hard, maybe impossible, for them to get over it.

Chris Johnson cares more about his ego, and being proved wrong - AGAIN! - than in protecting the best asset the team has. What a shit show!

19. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Ahhhhh....

The good old days....

[​IMG]

20. GasedAndConfused

I'm saying at this point losing is better then winning and gase gives us the best chance to lose. I just want to lose by less points then we have been losing by
    he didn't get ruined by 1 year of bad coaching. he got ruined by 5 years behind the worst o-line in the league on an expansion team. If our o-line is still this bad in 5 years and it ruins darnold that's on JD not gase