Enough with the "Fire Gase" rhetoric

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by GreenInTheBowl, Nov 3, 2019.

1. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

I'm open to the pro's and con's of firing a HC midseason. I don't agree with your argument that there's no point. One of the things it potentially does is firmly put the rest of the organization on notice that there is accountability and change is coming. Another it potentially does is allow the organization to signal earlier to potential coaches and staff that this job is available. A third thing it does is allow the organization to get over the bad decision sooner and begin re-evaluating the plans for the long- term vision of the franchise. All of those are very real potential benefits. Some of them may not play out in the way you intend-- so there's risk as well in firing midseason. I don't think the Jets have to worry about not getting a top 5 pick. I don't disagree that this team needs a top 5 pick... I just think it also needs to get rid of the current HC as soon as possible.

SOJAZ, Noam, Ralebird and 1 other person like this.
  2. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

There is literally zero reason to KEEP Gase at this point. This team, and most importantly, the franchise QB are regressing right before our very eyes. I don't want Gase doing anymore damage to Darnold's game or psyche. It doesn't matter who the interim HC is as long as Gase is gone. He's toxic and now I understand why that's his rep.

SOJAZ, Noam, PabloJa and 3 others like this.
  3. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

really no pros other then it can motivate players and fix issues in the locker-room. maybe you win a couple extra games, maybe you don't. we sure can't lose more games. the thing is with times like this you need to look to improve long term, not short term. there is a reason the monday after the season is called "black monday" it's when all the bad coaches get fired.

sam will be fine. the o-line is ruining him more then gase ever could and without gase the o-line isn't changing this year

i literally never said anything about money. has nothing to do with that

no they fired him, made freddit the interim, he did ok. they kept him, now he sucks. interms typically do ok to start due to lack of film on them. gives false hope. You think the browns are happy now with kitchens? they are not.

4. TwoHeadedMonster

TwoHeadedMonster Well-Known Member

*Note: except Paul Hackett, Brian Schottenhiemer, or Rich Kotite*

SOJAZ likes this.
  5. SOXXX2

SOXXX2 Well-Known Member

I don't agree with this. This is just deflecting Sams woes and putting them on Gase. I don't think Gase should be here any longer, but Darnold has been horrid, and it shouldn't take a coach to make a QB. I think a coach can make a bad QB decent, but I don't think a coach can make a good QB; bad. If a QB is bad its because hes bad, Sam has been horrendous and thats because of him, not because of Gase.

If you think Darnold will get better because of the coaching, then its likely he just isnt a good QB.

6. cmcm750203

cmcm750203 Well-Known Member

There are two reasons off the top of my head:
    1. Sam’s development
    2. Eliminates the chance of a strong finish against a cupcake schedule which gives the Johnson’s an excuse of progress.

7. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

The Jets rank last in points, yards per game, pass yards per game, and are 30tth in rush yards per game. Not to mention they have the worst OL in the league.

Any one of those terrible coaches was probably better then this.

12 points per game...

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

wow, GAC you really are "CONFUSED" and you might actually be the last Mohegan. You get rid of Gase ASAP before he ruins what is left of your supposedly franchise QB not to mention any pride that the organization has left and BTW the damage to Sam Darnold has already been done now you just hope with some real coaching that they can renew some confidence in the kid and have him develop some good habits and actually learn how to play QB in the NFL.

9. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

10. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

If you are thinking of dipping into the college ranks for a new coach it is smart to fire your coach mid season.

11. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The fact that there is a discussion about this shows that firing Gase during the season has its merits.

#91 CotcheryFan, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
    stinkyB, Noam and Ralebird like this.
  12. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Nothing about the Jets has been good this season. They fail in all 3 phases every single game.

Lots of injuries, no depth, and shitty coaching. Scary to think the team might not have hit rock bottom yet.

Firing Gase might actually light a fire under this team. They need some of that Greg Williams interim magic right about now.

13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

[​IMG]

14. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Gase was terrible without Darnold. Darnold wasn't terrible without Gase. Get Gase out of here and give Darnold a shot to show he isn't terrible.

SOJAZ, stinkyB, Noam and 5 others like this.
  15. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

What's the point? How about preventing him from completely ruining the best QB prospect this tram has had in years? Every moment he remains HC is a moment of regression for Darnold. And I won't even get into the lousy job he does in coaching a game.

Just curious - what is your exact title with the Jets organization?

SOJAZ likes this.
  16. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

there is literally no reason for this to have its own thread

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Except they made Gregg Williams the interim coach and he was 5-3. They kept a different coach than the one who lead them on a solid run.

We have 8 games left. What do you mean we sure can't lose anymore? We have 8 potential games left to lose.

The who cares, let em burn with what they have and reap the benefits of a better draft pick is the mentality of a losing organization.

BacktoQueens likes this.
  18. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Excellent response. Thankfully, I hadn't seen that dumb claim that the Jets' problem is that they're too quick to fire coaches in quite a few years. I used to see it all the time on a previous Jets fan site where I posted. I would add that in addition to hiring the wrong men (i.e., they are incompetent), that they hire men who totally change the offensive or defensive systems so that we have to overturn the whole roster. The crux of the matter is that since Sonny Werblin sold the team, we've had idiots for owners who didn't understand the first thing about football, and were too stupid or vain to hire a knowledgeable, experienced football man as VP of Football Operations, and let him set the culture, decide upon which systems we'd run, and let him do the hiring and firing, and run the team.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  19. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

Enough? Hardly. We're just getting started! Until Gase is fired, it won't be enough. We can't do anything about the Johnsons owning the team, but we can put a hell of a lot of pressure on them to fire Gase.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. jets21027

jets21027 Active Member

They need to show the team they are willing to do best by them. Fire him out William's in charge sign McCarthy it's what they should of done last yr