I Was Wrong. An Apology To The Gang Green

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by The Dark Knight, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Stagman

Stagman Active Member

I have been a member of this forums for four years, If you look at the amount of messages (145 with this one) I have you can deduce that I really don't post that much due to the mediocrity this franchise has shown the last ten years. After the last season I got sucked back in as a fan. I started reading and posting and just like you I had high hopes for this team. And while a lot of other fans were being cautious about this season I really thought that we had a chance of making the playoffs. Don't feel bad brother.

The Dark Knight likes this.
  2. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Before: Now that's podracing! :D
    After: Be careful not to choke on your aspirations, Director. :mad:

TonyFtLaud and The Dark Knight like this.
  3. Pepsiguy5

Pepsiguy5 Well-Known Member

Honestly this about nails the whole thing. What a horrible season.

I don't think there was any reasonable way to see this much of a trainwreck coming. We've basically hit the 100th percentile (to the bad side obviously) for potential outcomes for this season. I think honestly at this point the only way to do any better would be for an upcoming unblocked pass rusher to hit Darnold in such a way that they cause not just mere pain but some kind of career-crippling injury.

I guess Anthony Barr was the smart one for 2019.

4. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Now THAT is a great point! :D

Cman68 likes this.
  5. matt robinson 17

matt robinson 17 Well-Known Member

At least the Caps are good!

6. GordonGecko

GordonGecko Well-Known Member

Gase is a worse version of Brian Schottenheimer and he's in charge of everything

7. Red Menace

Red Menace Well-Known Member

You are still no where near where @Cman60 is. Don’t apologize DK, as fans we want to give the team we root for the benefit of the doubt no matter what the circumstances are.

Keep up the positive vibe, it’s really appreciated in another season full of gloom and doom.

8. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

I agree with all these other posters, DK. You have nothing to apologize for. You are ever-classy and calm and that's a good thing. There's nothing wrong with being optimistic, although it can lead to a lot of frustration and disappointment.

As I've said before, you're a great poster and this site wouldn't be as good without you.

Hang in there!

9. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

It isn't just losing. It is how we are losing. I predicted that we would have 0 to 2 wins after 7 games but I had no idea that we would be losing this badly. I expected us to lose a lot of close games like last year. More because of the schedule than Gase. I don't think anyone expected us to be this bad. My objection to Gase was character more than competence. I didn't think a serial liar who cannot get along with others would survive as a head coach. I had no idea he would be this incompetent as a coach.

I really do like the post DK. But we are all wrong so often what i appreciate most about posters is how well they treat others and interact with other people. Here you are always right. Which is one of the reasons I enjoy reading your posts so much.

10. KWJetsFan

KWJetsFan Well-Known Member

You don't owe anybody any apologies. This crappy organization should apologize to us fans daily for how inept they are year after year.

11. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Thanks, @Noam, that means a lot. The good news is I think the Jets have hit rock bottom. It will be tough to do worse! :)
    Thank you, @NCJetsfan! Same to you. Yeah, it has been a tough couple weeks for me. I truly thought the Jets were better than this. I also did not realize how bad the offensive line really is. I thought the Jets would have 7 losses tops and they already have 7 on November 3rd. That's life!
    Thanks, @Red Menace! I'll try!
    A similar thing happened with the Caps. People would trash them non-stop, say Ovechkin is not a winner, Holtby is not a good goalie come playoff time, etc. I would always defend them, and in the end they rewarded me with a Stanley Cup and it felt great. The Jets are the opposite. People trash them too, I defend them, and I look like an idiot because they are even worse than people say. It is unfortunate.
    Thanks, @KWJetsFan! I agree with that too. They should. At least hold themselves accountable.

NCJetsfan, Red Menace and Noam like this.
  12. mrjet80

mrjet80 Well-Known Member

As others have stated there is no need for apologies. You are an excellent poster. I too was optimistic- just last week I stressed how the Jets will probably win 6 or 7 games due to a weak schedule. After yesterday I feel like a fool. Maybe I just didn’t realize how bad it truly is.

This is just a horrible year and it seems to be happening with regularity now. We are already looking at mock drafts and discussing who the next coach will be.

I just hope Darnold isn’t ruined and can be fixed.

13. Noam

Noam Well-Known Member

This might be the toughest season to handle as a Jet Fan that I have experienced in 50 plus years. Mostly, because of expectations about Sam and the team. I am glad we have good people here.

One day we will see the Jets play well again. Add a couple OL, 2 CBs and give our 22 year old QB some confidence and we could be a good team. Hopefully, next year we be the year we pull ourselves back towards being respectable and worth watching.

Hang in there. It is not easy being a Jets fan. Anyone can be a fan of a frontrunner but you have to be special to be a Jets fan.

14. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

I'm in Walmart two weeks running now and I hear loud conversations close by. Both times it is Jets fans wearing the gear and bitching to each other about what a waste the money they spent on the jerseys was. Saturday I had to go double check just to make sure it wasn't the same guys again, and it wasn't. I think we've hit a tipping point here. Not sure where it goes from this point but the last time Jets fans were this ripped up was in 2007. Even the Idzik years were low expectations not met. The expectations here were high, just like in 2007.

15. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

The important thing here is that finally, the green fog has cleared and you can see how really bad things are. Long ago I was upbeat about a Rex Ryan team that surprised everyone. Before that, a Parcells team owned NYC for a year. Then the darkness..the never ending collection of bad drafts usually resulting in disaster year after year. No one faults you for having faith. Congrats though on adding in a healthy shot of reality.

#35 Cman68, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  16. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

This is way worse than 2007. In 2007, we had just been to the playoffs the year before, and we sucked because Pennington was beaten up. There was hope we could turn it around, and in the next couple years we did.

But now we're arguably the worst team in the league, our new coach is definitely the worst coach in the league, we haven't been to the playoffs in almost a decade, and our QB picked 3rd overall is this close to becoming the next bust in a long line of them. This is 1996, but there's no Parcells coming to save us. If the Jets were to suddenly announce they're moving or folding, I wouldn't even care.

Cman68 and ColoradoContrails like this.
  17. Mogriffjr

Mogriffjr Well-Known Member

It is still personnel related. Though I don't think he's helped himself with how the offense has played.

18. Br4d

Br4d 2018 Weeb Ewbank Award

In 2007 Chad was hurt for the 4th time in 5 years. Kellen Clemens, the 2nd round pick in 2006 got into a few games and looked like a 7th round pick. The offensive line, which had been a strength of the Parcells and Edwards years, was having huge issues with a turnstile at LG right after drafting the two guys on each side of him in the 1st round the year before. The popular LG and union rep Pete Kendall got cut in training camp opening up the debacle on the OL. People were starting to talk about D'Brick as a potential bust because he couldn't handle both gaps next to him at the same time.

Mangenious had become a big buzz thing in 2006 and now he looked like boyidiot instead. People thought success had gone to his head and he had lost his focus on the team. When the losing continued the grumbling in the locker room got loud as Mangini started taking numbers and screaming in the meetings. Everybody was looking at the hole at LG and thinking about Kendall, who was having a productive season with the Redskins.

Jonathan Vilma, the 1st round pick from 2004 and the defensive leader of the Jets was injured in game 7 when the Jets were 1-6 and missed the rest of the season. He was traded to NO in 2008. It was just a total mess and like this year there was no obvious fix in sight.

Cman68 likes this.
  19. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

No stress

I was positive too after the initial rage over Gase

I was legit thinking at least the offense would be good and I based that on seeing the Dolphins shred the Jets with Gase

I admit that mistake

20. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Oh I know it’s personnel but it’s not just personnel.

NYJFOREVER likes this.