Never felt this in 50 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 3, 2019.

1. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

So Going by your theory you would be OK with a coach like Bill Belichick.... Who’s been known to cheat not reporter or Fan friendly.....And has no problem with running up to scores? I never mentioned how the economy was doing or political views I only talked about character

2. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Member

News flash too people.

Douglas is also dumb as rocks. You don't misjudge talent and misjudge the market at the same time by threatening to blow up your team and not doing it and having it backfire in your face by losing the two consensus good players.

A smart guy would've had a fire sale after the Dallas game. Buy low, sell high people.

3. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I'll trade ya!

4. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

Where are the guys
    So going by your theory If you go back and reread your post you brought up politics ( even though you state you didn't ) you brought up " The Guy who lives at Pennsylvania Avenue" not me. As I wrote in my original reply I actually agreed with "most " of your original post until you actually did make it political = So do you want to agree to disagree or do you want to continue down this road which leads no where ?

AJW likes this.
  5. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

we can only hope that you are mistaken ( Im not saying you are ) because his presser last week did not thrill me along with his limited moves thus far

ponytrekker likes this.
  6. championjets69

championjets69 2008/2009 TGG Darksider Award Winner

I am older then U when the NYJs won SB3. I lost my passion for them so years back so tell U dad he is one smart cookie. I never thought we would get worse then Hess but that is exactly what happen. The kings of baby powder are far worse then Leon Hess was.sorry to say. So now I have 2 loves 1 was the Brooklyn Dodgers who moved west for the 1958 & onwards season & the NYJs who have won NOTHING & repeat NOthing since Jan 12, 1969 Think about that & my recommmendation would be in finding some thing to do with your time then root for the NYJs :mad:

ouchy likes this.
  7. championjets69

I got a question if Thomas is such the hot shot why was NOT a GM B4 our hiring:mad:

CBG likes this.
  8. jetstopgun

Hmmm i kind of like that idea !! Got room for one more in that drawer??

9. jetstopgun

At least Leon was a Lovable character I remember him sitting in a lawnchair at hofstra University with a blanket over him watching practice... he was a self made Billionaire instead now we have the Johnson brothers and james Dolan guys with silver spoons in a mouths...

10. jetstopgun

Sir im a lover of people.... we will agree to disagree in the end were jets fans that want the team to do well fair enough

CBG likes this.
  11. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

He also produced a kick ass toy truck and you could go into any Hess Station bathroom and not be standing in 4 inches of urine.

jixxjr, AJW, TwoHeadedMonster and 2 others like this.
  12. ponytrekker

ponytrekker Member

Hoped so too but he distinctly burned the bridge with Adams and with Bell, just left a couple of smokes burning next to a woodpile on the bridge. Say what you want about Adams but up until that point he was a 100% team player who left everything on the field.

CBG likes this.
  13. ouchy

ouchy Well-Known Member

Been a fan since 1974 and this is the worst its been. Not just the number of years missing the playoffs but that the team sucked out any hope we have going forward. There is just nothing we can point to and say, "well that we can build on". After six years of rebuilding we have literally nothing to build the future on.

But I wont ever stop watching. How can I do that you ask. Easy. There is a time in every crappy Jets season when the game becomes a form of comedy to me. I become numb and can only laugh at every bonehead, Jetsy, thing we do. If you look at it as comedy than it really is funny. If we are going to be a joke we might as well laugh about it.

That's the defense mech that works for me. The bad part is that it no longer includes the afterthought of "maybe next year".

14. championjets69

Were ever of the things U mentioned helpful to the NYJs to win a SB after 1969 if not why bring them up in the 1st place?:mad:

15. championjets69

So did any of what U posted assist us in winning a SB after 1969?:mad:

16. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Eh that really doesn't happen in the NFL. I wish he traded Adams but this notion that firesales occur in the NFL is a myth. There's always a ton of hype surrounding the trade deadline and nothing happens.

The Falcons should've had one too but they only made one deal.

Tough to judge him on that fact alone. Be only got here 4 months ago. He's also all we really have to hope for being a success.

17. VegasMav

VegasMav Well-Known Member

I seriously have no expectations for the Jets anymore. This is a dysfunctional organization and laughing stock of the NFL. This team is CURSED and you can thank Broadway Joe.

18. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

If it wasn't for Hess there wouldn't have been a NY Jets. He was one of the original founders of the club. He was essentially the owner when they won the SB.

19. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

One of the highlights of a NY kid's Christmas :D

20. championjets69

Nah the team was form by Wisner but when the team could not pay any one Wisner sold out to Leon & 3 of his buddiiiies so there was Wisner then Hess & now the baby powder queens :mad: