Never felt this in 50 years

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Chrisiue, Nov 3, 2019.

1. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

JL you were there also so YOU KNOW ,,,,,Btw one of my best friends would ask me to go to games long before I ever had season tickets ( they did have season tickets ) so I sat thru many games I went to games as far back as Weeb Ewbank.

jilozzo likes this.
  2. Harpua

Harpua Well-Known Member

it’s similar to what I went through as an isles fan. I didn’t even watch hockey for more than a decade until I learned they team had been sold, and didn’t really start filling them until after snow was finally fired. When things are mismanaged for 10+ years like the isles were and the Jets-have been, it makes things easy to let go of

3. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

I agree with everything that’s been said about the Team and how everyone’s feeling.... and the sad part is I don’t think the Johnsons have a clue on how To fix this shit show..... When the principal owner says he wants his children to be just like the man that occupies 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. I have real Concerns about his judgment in Hiring the next coach....I’m convinced just like the knicks that I won’t see another Championship team in my life time......I remember Super Bowl 3 ....The Knick championships in 70 &73 It was a great time to be young preteen boy watching my favorite sports team.... And those memories will live with me the rest of my days.......I actually feel very sorry for 20 and 30-year-olds jet And knicks fans that Have never seen a championship.....Perhaps at some point in their lifetime they will see a championship...... in mine I don’t see another one coming

ColoradoContrails and Biggs like this.
  4. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

Yea, this is where I am as well. I watch more college football on the weekends than I do pro football anymore. It isn't only the Jets, it's the NFL as well. Run a play, flag. Run another play, another flag. Drives take forever because of all the flags....most of them tic-tac and/or very questionable calls. It is annoying to watch.

AJW likes this.
  5. macbk

macbk Well-Known Member

I did not watch a lick of yesterday - only followed on my phone a bit - and was not upset in the slightest that I wasn't able to watch. That's how I have felt all season long, and it's the first year I can remember feeling that way. I used to plan my Sunday's strictly around Jets football over the years. Errands done early enough, all that. Now? Now I hope I have plans on Sunday's so I don't feel obligated to watch.

Maccagnan + Gase have ruined this all for me to be quite honest.

6. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

I really don't find this so depressing. Hess really didn't care about the team but he wasn't incompetent and I didn't hate him. There's something about Woody Johnson owning the team that makes me feel the Jets deserve this misery.

As a fan who goes back to the mid 60's when Parcells changed the uniforms back it got me excited because the Jets looked like the Jets for the first time in a long time. When the Jets came out of the locker for the Pats game I realized these aren't my Jets anymore.

I still love NFL football but when I watch the Jets I'm watching bad football. I enjoy other games more than I enjoy watching the Jets. That's a huge shift for me. I used to live for Sunday and watching my Jets. These are Woody Johnson's Jets. He owns it.

7. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

indeed especially in the coslet era....oh the characters (some nice, some not so much) that were inside the walls of that 2 story building in hofstra. LOL.

8. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

I agree with most of what you said but when people post about politics especially what you wrote I have serious concerns about the poster----BTW yeah I know that Politics are a no no so maybe both of our posts should be deleted

#48 CBG, Nov 4, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2019
  9. jilozzo

Bring on the politics!!!!......The jets are just like the white house!!!!......LLLOOOLLLL.

10. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Can we start impeachment procedures for the Johnsons?

jetstopgun and HomeoftheJets like this.
  11. graig.323

graig.323 Active Member

Great thread and I pretty much agree with all of it. Personally I am passed the anger part and I am firmly in the apathetic state.

STARoSCREAM, CBG and jilozzo like this.
  12. jilozzo

atta boy.... welcome to the ultimate darkside!

CBG likes this.
  13. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

CHAMP would be proud

14. jetstopgun

jetstopgun Well-Known Member

My post really isnt about politics.... it’s about judgment.....Just look at our last two general managers and the last two HC no one is running to hire those 2 GMs Plain and simple those are judgment calls do you trust this owner to make another judgment call about the next head coach??.... this isnt about political views ask yourself this question going by what the owner of the NY jets said......Would you want your child to act like the Person at 1600 Pennsylvania Ave. not about politics!!!it’s about character

Biggs likes this.
  15. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

I´ve actually found myself also rooting for the Texans as i alwats liked Watson and wanted the Jets to draft him.

If they did draft Watson i am POSITIVE......the Jets wouldve ruined him too:(

jetstopgun likes this.
  16. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

First time in 34 years where I said I wish the Jets lose during the week and then switch back to J E T S Jets Jets Jets at 12:30. Well this week I did not switch back. I enjoyed Fitzmagic expoiting our linebackers and our corners who don't look for the ball. I truly was rooting against them.

You might ask why? The reason Adam Gase. He has sucked the life out of the team and fans. The talent isn't there we get that and that's a different story for a different day. The first two drives the last two weeks were brilliant. What's common with them? They were scripted. Once Gase gets off the script he is lost. Not only is he lost no one in that locker room respects him and knows he is in over his head. The Jets have played 8 games together. Now the team knows he is a bad coach and they are getting upset with losing. Now they will start bickering and it'll be worse. Since Gase isn't a leader it'll get worse too.

The funny thing is as fans we see this. We don't get the day to day of football or other decisions that go on at One Jets Drive but we already know he's a dead man walking. The team does and unfortanately until he is gone nothing will improve. If the Johnsons truly were good leaders (which is another story for another day) they would fire him now. Until Gase is gone I will root against the Jets. I will root for Darnold and others to play well but find a way to lose.

Gase was the wrong hire and many of us felt that in January. It's 11 months later and not only were we proven right Gase has exceeded us. It's sad that us as fans have a better pulse of this team than the owners. There is more to this post than this but to really correct the Jets the hire of Gase needs to be corrected. Step 1 of many more to come. The Johnson's, Mac, and other decisions will be saved for another post or letter. Lets regain our team back. Fire Gase and Fire him Now.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  17. CBG

CBG Well-Known Member

nah its about politics and I ask that both of our posts get removed as we could only hope and pray that the Jets were doing as well as our economy is right now ---> u see I can put up non political posts also = I just did #Petro #Brook # Cman # anyone # Bueller

18. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

These days I'm not in a rush to watch this team. If I happen to have nothing going on I'll watch the game, otherwise, I see no point in wasting 3 hours watching a team that will likely lose and not even make the playoffs. Call me a fake fan if you want, no sports team is worth watching if they're a perpetual loser and aren't even making progress towards becoming good. Screw that.

19. Jets81

Jets81 Well-Known Member

Still watching, but I’m more concerned with my fantasy team at this point. Picked up Preston Williams this week because Julio Jones was on a bye and Williams shredded the Jets. Small victory I guess.

If it weren’t for fantasy I’d probably be checked out of the season by now. Same as it’s been for the past four season.

20. Jetaho

Jetaho Well-Known Member

I thought we'd lose and said as much to a couple of buddies Saturday. Best case scenario was going to be a lousy game with two lousy teams going no where, with the Jets winning a pointless victory. So I went golfing instead and had a great time. I didn't see a snap. Checked my phone twice during the round and ignored the flood of texts coming in to tell me how bad the Jets are. Didn't even record it on the DVR. Haven't watched highlights. The days of me hanging on every play are over. Life is too short to waste your time being miserable.