WTF is Miami Doing?

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by Falco21, Oct 18, 2019.

1. TonyFtLaud

TonyFtLaud Well-Known Member

What if they trade down a few spots with their own first rounder, add a first next year giving them 3 firsts back to back years plus add another 2 and 3 this year.
    They can try to sign Bridgewater, it that fails, roll with Rosen next year. they should have a ton of talent from this year's draft, 3 firsts, 3 seconds, and 4 thirds. Can draft a QB next year and still have 2 more first round picks and 2 seconds to add to the roster.
    Tunsil had been a problem since he was drafted. Missing meetings, late to practice. They can replace him this year with one of the first they have.

2. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

Bridgewater depends on brees. if brees retires in the offseason or says 1 more year, teddy will likely stay a saint as the eventual starter. If brees plans to play 3 more years the he might leave but even then I doubt he'd want to go to miami. Miami already traded for rosen and will likely draft tua. They arne't good enough to warrant splurging for a vet CB. If anything I think teddy can wind up on a team like the titan who are 4-4 with horrible QB play from mariota who was benched and then tannehil. if teddy was on the titans they would be a 5-6 win team right now. If teddy was on the fins they would be maybe a 1 win team

3. TonyFtLaud

Titans are all in while the Dolphins are all out this season so comparing them is senseless as far as W-L.
    Teddy might be open to playing back home seeing the draft picks and the Dolphins plan going forward. But in the more likely scenario that he doesn't, they can still go with Rosen next year. It's a win win, he develops and they have their QB, plus a load of picks again. He fails, they have a top pick, can draft their QB, and still have a bunch of premium picks. Not to mention all the cap space they have.

4. GasedAndConfused

they will likely draft a QB 1st overall and the hot QB right now is tua but don't count out herbert. if you would have said 2 seasons ago who are the browns taking 1st overall in the end of october, the answer would have been sam darnold, but alas i turned out to be baker. I could see herbert going 1st overall as suck for sam didn't happen so tank for tua might not either.

5. TonyFtLaud

We will see how it plays out.
    Tua today, may not be the same come April.
    Dolphins have some competition for the first pick too.

6. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

The way things are going for us, we'll give them a run for their money.

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  7. TonyFtLaud

We should be able to beat them easily.
    If not, were in worse shape than I thought.

jilozzo likes this.
  8. GasedAndConfused

yup could be the bengals and also could be another QB they want. lots of shit changes draft wise between now and the draft. especially the combine

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  9. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

We have 1 win, they have none. We're trying to win, they're not. We have holes at key positions, they do too. I know they've traded most of their best players, but we aren't in a position to expect an easy win.

10. TonyFtLaud

I'm not expecting a shutout but are we really that bad that we shouldn't be expecting a win against the Dolphins.
    Our D has played well, the offense has been bad but feed Bell and get Sam some short passes . Should be more than enough on Sunday. I really am expecting a win this week.

11. Cman68

Cman68 The Dark Admin, 2018 BEST Darksider Poster

I'm not expected anything.. I'm hoping for a death match between two awful teams playing for pride. Kinda like two really bad boxers trying to knock each other out...

TonyFtLaud likes this.
  12. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Preview of the action:

[​IMG]

13. TonyFtLaud

At least one team showed up.

14. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

We'll probably get swept by them. Lmao

15. TonyFtLaud

I'm still not sold they will draft a QB. Depending on their position and how they value the QB class.
    I see nothing wrong with them trading down a spot or two for more premium picks, that scenario makes alot of sense to me. Thinking swap 1s, a second and next year's 1and 3.
    This draft has great WRs, a couple very good tackles , great depth at interior O line and a handful of quality RBs
    They can really build their offense this year. Easily can land Judey, the top tackle, next best available WR , they would then have 3 picks in round 2 to add another o lineman their choice of RB , and still have a second and 2 thirds to work with. The 5th 6ths and 7ths can be traded for earlier picks in 2021 or or used to look for depth/special teams. Then they would have 4 first round picks,2 second round picks and 2 possibly 3 third round picks in 2021. Draft a QB then they can really solidify the team with those remaining picks.
    A solid o line, real offense weapons and a solid D is what I'd try to put in place for a rookie QB. They can also add plenty of veteran leadership with all their cap .
    Look at what's happening with Darnold and think where he would be had the Jets built the team like that before drafting him ....

16. mark82

mark82 Active Member

Cool thread

17. jilozzo

jilozzo Well-Known Member

uh oh!!

18. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

They might have a QB in mind that no one else does (ala Burrows or Eason). Imagine they trade down a couple spots for someone gunning for Tua?

I'm also starting to really believe Chase Young might be the #1 player taken regardless. He's a generational talent. The way he's taken over some games, like the Wisconsin game in particular, remind me a lot of how Von Miller has taken over pro games. Unblockable.

19. GasedAndConfused

they benched dalton he's 32 and is what he is. a solid QB who's not great but not awful. they are an 0-8 team. they will look to rebuild with a new QB and likely move dalton for a draft pick. he'd make a good backup for a team making a SB run

20. TonyFtLaud

I was talking Miami , the more I think about it, the stronger I feel they should keep the current QBs or go with a vet on a 2-3 year deal and use the extra picks from a trade down to build for the new QB in the 2021 draft. Their current picks and needs align with the strengths of this draft