A team offered "blockbuster package" for Quinnen

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by Mogriffjr, Nov 3, 2019.

1. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Schefty isn’t a jet beat reporter. He has no motive to stir the pot for or against the jets. He has more reasons to stay neutral and report real stuff . That’s what made him

Jonathan_Vilma and HomeoftheJets like this.
  2. RPOZ51

RPOZ51 Well-Known Member

Shouldn’t Williams be offended?

Do teams offer “blockbuster packages” for Donald or Brady?

JetBlue and Pepsiguy5 like this.
  3. jonnyd

jonnyd 2007 TGG.com Funniest Poster Award Winner

Im still waiting for the Dez Bryant tape. Every reporter gets bad info. Who the FUck would offer a boatload of picks for the kid who wouldnt take his shirt off in the pool?

Acad23 and Dierking like this.
  4. Don

Don 2008 TGG Rich Kotite "Least Knowledgeable" Award W

He is selling his house, Brady said he is..down't mean anything as far as football goes though.

5. Leicester Jet

Leicester Jet Well-Known Member

But he has the motive to increase hits for his posts/show, etc. Everyone in the media is judged by "hits" these days

6. tomdeb

tomdeb Well-Known Member

Probably Mike MacCagnan would made the offer. He loved drafting DL for the jets 3-4 defense where they could make no impact.

7. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

I look forward to Shefty tweeting that Gase has been fired.

NCJetsfan and kevda5n9ne like this.
  8. WoodyHarrelson

WoodyHarrelson Well-Known Member

Macaganan is such an idiot. How did he even get that job?

9. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

Woody listened to a Mac's buddy Casserly who had no skin in the game. Just like Chris listened to Gase's buddy Peyton who had no skin in the game. You can't fix stupid.

rscherwin and CotcheryFan like this.
  10. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

To be fair I actually feel bad for them on that point. What else are they supposed to do, they know they know jackshit about football. So when they listen to football guys and still get it wrong, what's the solution then?

11. HomeoftheJets

Get a consultant who knows football and actually cares about the Jets. Damien Woody would be a decent choice. Not to run the team but to pick the right guy to run it.

12. JetsKickAss

JetsKickAss Well-Known Member

This is a False Flag operation by someone pissed off at Gates or Douglass.

13. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Damien Woody?!?! I mean I really like him as an analyst but I don't know if I'm giving a million dollars and the keys to the franchise in selecting the guy.

14. HomeoftheJets

At this point, the smartest thing to do is probably let Douglas run the team and pick a coach. Though from the little I've seen of Douglas since we hired him, I'm not sure I want him in charge. But if we were starting over again, what's a better option? The Johnsons are incapable of picking someone by themselves. And if they take someone else's advice, whether that's a consulting firm, Casserly, or Peyton, they're running the risk that the person giving the advice doesn't care about the Jets. Which means they'll recommend a friend whether he's qualified or not. At least with someone like Damien Woody, you know he'd want to hire the best guy for the job.

15. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Or the worst since he's still really a Patriot. I know he identifies with the Jets at times but he's got two rings with New England.

I'm done with the consultant thing. The consultant got us Maccagnan. I can't even hate on grabbing Bowles because Bowles runs a real football operations at the very least, where the players actually want to play.

I don't know if Douglas is the guy either. But at this point he's all we have beyond hiring a Harbaugh or something. Let Douglas pluck someone off a staff he's worked with in Philly or Chicago, beef up the lines and build a football team.

Vrabel is on the outs in Tennessee because he calls dumb ass fakes on 4th down and what not. But I look at a team like that and I think wow those guys play hard as hell and are tough as nails. I don't want him, but I want a coach that coaches hard.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  16. HomeoftheJets

I actually forgot Woody started with the Pats. But from what I've heard from him since he retired, cares more about the Jets than he does the Pats. Regardless, my post was more about what the Johnsons should have done back when they were starting from scratch. Right now, I'd probably cross my fingers and let Douglas run the team. Though he's already turned me off three times. First was trading away picks, second was the Osemele mess, and third was holding on to everyone but Leo at the deadline.

17. NYJFan10

If we're going the former player route for a consultant Chad Pennington might be a good place to start tbh. He does a lot of podcast stuff with the Jets, so he definitely still follows the team.

JetsKickAss likes this.
  18. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Chad Pennington?

geez...

19. NYJFan10

I mean the dude's always been cerebral and smart, why not? If you want someone more outwardly visible then Bart Scott, since he's more connected to current front offices. What are they gonna do, ask Joe Willie? He's an icon but 80 and not likely up to date on who hot GM or coaching assistants are. You guys want former players who still root for the Jets that are still connected to football, it's probably not as long a list as you think. Boomer's connected but probably hates the Jets now.

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  20. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Well, that narrows it down.

Acad23 and HomeoftheJets like this.