Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Discussion in 'New York Jets' started by NotSatoshiNakamoto, Sep 23, 2019.

?

Should the Jets Fire Gase at the Bye Week?

Poll closed Sep 30, 2019.
  1. Yes

13 vote(s)
    18.1%
  2. No

59 vote(s)
    81.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

how many times have we done this though? a fuckin rookie HC learning on the job because retreads failed elsewhere. here we go again though, lets trash Gase for what he did in Miami and get another rookie who hasn't failed.... YET

2. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not true.

tannehill's best season 2016 when he & Gase took Miami to a 10-6 record. I don't blame ya for forgetting though. They hammered our Jets on National TV. I try to block that out

3. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Wins and losses are team stats. I know a lot of people apply that stat to QB's, but they're all wrong. Football is the ultimate team sport.

Also, Fuck the Dolphins.

K'OB, Ralebird and HomeoftheJets like this.
  4. HomeoftheJets

HomeoftheJets Well-Known Member

I believe Darnold is currently better than Tannehill, but that's just my opinion, I don't have hard evidence to back it up. And I know Gase didn't help Tannehill. My guess is Darnold comes back, and the offense is okay but below league average. If it's clear that's the case, and Darnold is playing as captain checkdown, I want Gase fired by Thanksgiving.

K'OB and ColoradoContrails like this.
  5. C63Baller

C63Baller Member

EXACTLY !!! This thread is retarded! How are
    you going to fire a coach after 3 to 4 games? Lmao..... this is stupid! I agree he’s a God awful coach with undeserving arrogance, but you guys need continuity. Just see what he does this year and the next. Give him 2 seasons. Then can him if there’s zero progress. BTW... the jets are already a joke.

NotSatoshiNakamoto likes this.
  6. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

I still say we kill him.

It solves every issue.

K'OB and FJF like this.
  7. NotSatoshiNakamoto

continuity of suck is exactly what Bills fans want us to have, no surprise.

8. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Killing him is fine but only if we eat him. It's a crime against nature to waste perfectly good meat.

9. The Dark Knight

The Dark Knight Well-Known Member

Yes, players returning from injury, and the schedule becoming easier will help with the offense. That is what I mean. I also have a lot of confidence in Sam Darnold. As for Gase, I am still not sure about him. Certainly not enough to fire him. Like I told you earlier in the thread, you could be right on all your thoughts on Gase. Just too early to give up yet or say he deserves to be fired.
    Right. I agree with all of that. I have said in other threads that his attitude on the sideline and blaming players instead of himself is not good. Play calling, lack of adjustments, he has made many errors the first 3 weeks. I am just saying not enough to even suggest he be fired. The Eagles, Cowboys, and Patriots all look pretty good. It will take some impressive coaching and execution for the Jets not to be 0-6. We will see what Gase comes up with.

More great points. Again, I am not saying Gase is great, just saying he should not be fired after 3 games. There is a chance that he will never succeed with the Jets, and waste a couple prime years of Sam. That would be unfortunate. At this moment, he is the Head Coach though and I expect it to stay that way for awhile.

FJF and NotSatoshiNakamoto like this.
  10. LongIslandBlitz

LongIslandBlitz Well-Known Member

If we get Darnold back,Q Williams and Mosley for the Eagles game and we lose...He should get fired week 5...He has the team resting this week no practices all week.Are you joking?No practice?I mean you have got to be kidding me

11. NotSatoshiNakamoto

I don't know what you're supposed to do with a week 4 bye week but given the way the team has played it does seem a little crazy. The risk you run practicing is that hey wear out later in the season. It won't matter if they're worn down or not if they keep playing like they have though.

Seems like he could have given them a few days off and practiced a few if he felt like they absolutely needed rest.

Winning or losing the Eagles game is kind of irrelevant to me. It's how they do it at this point. Are we going to continue making the same stupid mistakes and decisions? Probably.

12. ColoradoContrails

ColoradoContrails Well-Known Member

I could be wrong, but I think by NFL law the players aren't allowed to practice, they must have time off during the bye week.

Agree 100% with the bold line. It's not about W/L record, it's all about how they're playing, and so far, despite upgrades, they're playing like shit. And it's not the fault of the subs, it's on Gase and his poor play calling and game management. What's so depressing is I can't see him changing.[/QUOTE]

#112 ColoradoContrails, Sep 27, 2019
    Last edited: Sep 28, 2019
    K'OB likes this.
  13. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

They are not allowed to practice on the bye week.

ColoradoContrails likes this.
  14. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

You do have some funny rules at times.

15. NotSatoshiNakamoto

Should have fired the loser at the bye week.

K'OB, Noam, Red Menace and 1 other person like this.
  16. Jake

Jake Well-Known Member

Hopefully he's canned tomorrow. Not that I trust idiot Johnson to hire anyone better.

Maybe he'll let Douglas pick someone?

17. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

He shouldn't be canned, because he NEVER should have been hired, only the Jets would hire a shit for brains coach, who destroyed his previous team, and got fired

K'OB and sackexchange like this.
  18. JetBlue

JetBlue Well-Known Member

The team still has something to play for... the number 1 pick. We need Gase to make this season a success at this point.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.