Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. grkmanga31

grkmanga31 Well-Known Member

Exactly my thoughts. Dude is acting like a scorned teenager seeing an ex with someone else. Adams is highly emotional and it feeds his intensity on the field, but it's spilling over to off the field and this is just embarrassing at this point. It is what it is. Wouldn't shock me if after the season, some teams comes around looking to get Adams, but Jets control him for a few more years Jets cannot be bullied into giving Adams away for less than he's worth

2. LeonNYJ

LeonNYJ Well-Known Member

For once I agree with Francesser.

legler82 and Jets69 like this.
  3. K'OB

K'OB 2021 TGG Fantasy Football Champ

Well unless we are trading him to the Bengals or Phins then it would be pointless accepting a first and a third.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Why is that pointless? No good players have ever been selected after pick 66? I think you're setting your expectations too high for what the return will actually be.

A first and a third isn't a bad haul at all. The Tunsil haul is really a bit unrealistic and much higher due to the desperation of the Texans and feeling they are win now. Teams entire seasons can be wrecked by bad tackle play. We're witnessing it with our team.

Bad strong safety play doesn't wreck seasons.

legler82 likes this.
  5. K'OB

Well not by us for a long long time that's for damn sure but the point I was trying to make obviously badly was that we gave a 6th up for him, he hasn't regressed and as indeed got a lot better, why should we get a scrag end of the deal for a quality player that will only get better, he also doesn't look like the kind that will secure the bag and retire instantly on the team.

Trading to one of the teams mentioned would be affectively giving us our high pick back, trading to the Pats, for example, would be like getting a 2nd and a 4th due to the low position in the draft.

The Cowboys should be the desperate team, all that promise and not delivering, I just think a 1st and a 3rd is poor value for us, I'd rather keep him at that price, of course he has to want to stay and maybe keep his mouth closed for 5 minutes a week also lol

6. papapump

papapump Well-Known Member

I will try and fly under the radar on this one. The social media stuff is ridiculous, however I grew up when a man’s word meant something. Enough said.

7. LAJet

LAJet Well-Known Member

Quite frankly as much as I like Adam I believe he is dead wrong on this and he needs to grow the fuck up. JD did not initiate this, but he did what any good GM should do and listed to offers, push counter offers, and establish market worth of key players. Adams is delusional comparing himself to Brady or Arnold at this time. I accept he is frustrated and respect that. But running to CJ who is the ultimate culprit in this cluster fuck does not do it for me. JD is the one with the power to turn this shit show around given time and some support from the ownership and a less than impressive HC. Allowing Mac to stick around and not only fuck up the draft but be part of the coaching selection was the beginning of the end.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

I understood your point. Mine was that two picks is a great pull for most types of players regardless of where the team will be picking. Tunsil and Ramsey went to two teams at the bottom of the rounds. The Fitzpatrick trade was strange and I think a lot of the NFL world is still trying to figure it out. Probably because the Steelers will need a quarterback and would've been in prime position to take one.

They must not really like any of them.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Yeah, well I guess neither Douglas nor Gase thought it was important to talk to Adams this week or they would have, unless there is some unwritten law that to have a conversation with a player coaches and management must wait to be approached by the player as Gase outlined in the Osemele situation. The inmates are running the asylum!

10. Longsuffering88

Longsuffering88 Well-Known Member

Jamal is a quality talent. Love his fire on the field.

Right now, he’s a nice B or B+ player which is great!!!!! B is above average and our best first rounder in a while (which isn’t saying much)

but

Jamal talks like Odell .... except Odell was at least an all world talent that made jaw dropping, game winning plays and had few if any peers at the position.

Small difference, I guess.

Modern GREAT Safeties like Troy Palamalu and Ed Reed want to know what Jamal has accomplished?

What has Jamal done? I think he yelled a lot. Got angry a lot. Distanced himself from the team a lot. Missed tackles a lot. Committed penalties alot

this is my last post on the matter.

11. fansince90

fansince90 Well-Known Member

You have identified the main idea!

12. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

13. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

JD got his priorities on straight!

Red Menace, FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  14. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

I wonder if Zach Martin threw a hissy fit because a team tried to trade for him

legler82, dawinner127 and NYJFOREVER like this.
  15. Jonathan_Vilma

Interesting that we tried to trade our 1x Pro Bowl Safety for two different multi time All-Pro players and the pro bowler is the one that's upset..

16. jets_fan

jets_fan Well-Known Member

Douglas could have finally given us some ray of hope in this mess if he could have pulled off that trade. I'd ship Adams to Dallas in a heartbeat for Martin.

The fact that he even brought Martin's name up in the discussion is probably the most positive news we've had in this dismal season. At least it seems like we have a GM who values the OLine.

Red Menace, FJF and dawinner127 like this.
  17. dawinner127

dawinner127 Well-Known Member

Was thinking the same thing when I saw this. It gives me faith that he knows what our biggest problem is. He’s going to try and build a fortress upfront. I love it.

18. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

I didn't mean to imply that Adams was not a good player, nor many of the others. I meant not bad as players, but bad for the Jets in other ways. Maybe having a safety as the team leader is one of the problems. The QB needs to be the team leader. As great a player as Polamalu was, Rothlisberger was considered the leader of the Steelers. That's one reason I didn't like the Bell signing. He's too much of a marquis player, hogging the spotlight from Darnold. However, Bell has surprised me, being an exemplary team player so far.

19. K'OB

Only when he found it was nearly the Jets :rolleyes:

20. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

in case anyone forgot...Macc drafted this whiny baby named Jamal Adams ahead of Mahomes and Watson.

ColoradoContrails likes this.