Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

If we can get a 1st and 3rd, and maybe an additional 3rd following year for Adams I would do that. IF we could get a 2nd and 5th for Bell I would do that as well.

This would give us enough picks to totally rebuild the Oline and add another pick at the corner position. Add a serviceable back via free agency.

With good protection we should be able to run an offense with guys like Ty, Robby, Herndon, Crowder and maybe Enunwa if he comes back and actually plays.

2. BrooklynJetsFan

BrooklynJetsFan Well-Known Member

Adams is simply keeping the coaching and FO accountable – just like the coaches keep the players accountable. I like this!

Gase get your stuff together. The players on the field make the league. look at how Brady is even more revered than Belichick, the "mastermind".

3. JoeWalton

JoeWalton Well-Known Member

Adams holds a press conference because he is NOT traded??? How about the other 40 guys on the roster also holding press conferences for not being traded? Some serious drama queen stuff here. I guess people like to eat up this meaningless shit.

NCJetsfan, LAJet and jets_fan like this.
  4. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Isn't Adams a team captain?

What a putz...

Jets69 and NCJetsfan like this.
  5. Greenday4537

Greenday4537 Well-Known Member

Even Ed Reed has dropped easy interceptions. It happens.

6. NCJetsfan

NCJetsfan Well-Known Member

My mistake. I would have sworn that when he was entering the draft out of LS I read an article that said his father was a career Army man. Guess I got him confused with someone else. Well, at least that explains the lack of discipline. Thanks for setting me straight.

BudJet likes this.
  7. Petrozza

Petrozza Administrator

As if this whole season wasn't bizarre enough, we now have OJ Simpson giving advice to Jamal Adams...

8. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

IF...they are all successes. The formula for that is more elusive than not.

9. Ralebird

Ralebird Well-Known Member

Toe injury? Oh, God no! That means he is traveling through another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. A journey dare not taken by a head coach or general manger. His next stop, the Training Room!

10. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

The media is trying to drive a wedge between Adams & the Jets. The Jets are at a low point so they're striking while the iron is hot. So he can go and have a HOF career with another team like the Cowboys.

I read what Francesa said about him. How many league MVP's, defensive player of the year do you see from 4-12, 1, 2 however many games the Jets win in this nightmare of a season?

Anyone that can't see the unbridled passion, max effort, the talent, Adams gives week in and week out even in lost games, a lost season ...

Adams is part of the solution here and ge must be re-signed. JMO

Ajitator likes this.
  11. JetsNation06

JetsNation06 Well-Known Member

Enunwa is damaged goods. Pass on him. Bell is too talented and won't garner in a trade what he can still produce for this team with a better O-Line. An edge rusher is right up there with O-Line and CB in terms of immediate needs.

12. teamgreen

teamgreen Well-Known Member

That's the "compare" part and it's a fair point--few Dbacks of any kind haven't missed opportunities.

Now comes the "contrast" part-- where they differ is that Reed also made the tough ones (and more importantly, the game- changing ones). ER had 21 INTs and 4 forced fumbles and 4 sacks in his first 3 years, after being taken 24th overall in the draft. JA in 2.5 years: 2 INT, 4 forced fumbles, 5.5 sacks after being taken with the 6th pick. The only INTs Adams has are meaningless garbage INTs-- off backup QBs when the games were already decided. Watch the film on them-- One was a double- deflection that ended up in his arms and the other was a 5- yard overthrow of an open receiver that hit him in the chest. Again-- both gifts by backups in garbage time. When you need Adams to show (e.g.-- to preserve a lead or shut down an opposing offense drive before halftime) he is consistently missing in action.

I do think fans compare and contrast Adams to Reed, Polamalu, Earl Thomas, etc.... why? Because he was taken higher in the draft than all of them, was universally assessed to be a no- fail elite player, and because the Jets and he himself perpetuate that narrative. I just haven't seen anything close to that on the field. Maybe it is bad luck, maybe its the scheme and being used incorrectly. Potentially it is because of the lack of talent around him and his inability to do more by himself. But he isn't playing or producing like a top 10 pick is expected to, and certainly not like a foundational element of a team on the cusp of making that next step toward competitiveness. I think the organization missed an opportunity if they turned down a chance to get a "1" in the 2020 draft for him.

Edit: Fun fact- Ed Reed has more career INTs in 7 games as a Jet (4) on the verge of retirement than Adams has in his 3 seasons/ 39 games thus far (2).

#1132 teamgreen, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
    BrowningNagle and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  13. NYJFan10

NYJFan10 Well-Known Member

I was in total agreement with your post till the last sentence. A 1 in the 20's doesn't do much for me considering Adams is a 'proven' commodity in comparison to a lottery ticket that could bust. Yeah he's overrated by everyone especially himself but he's still a upper-echelon player who's 24 years old and on his rookie contract for another couple years. That's worth more than just one lottery ticket which is much lower than where he got drafted in the first place. There's a reason prices for players are going through the roof in terms of draft capital, because teams are realizing the odds of getting one player as good as what you're giving up with lower picks are pretty slim.

14. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

wowwwww

15. Andy_M

Andy_M Well-Known Member

The first thing they should do is take those "C" patches off his jerseys and put them on Bell's. One is clearly captain material and the other is not. Regardless of how this comes out in the end, THAT much is crystal clear.

I will be changing my jersey, that's for sure. It seems that I bought the wrong one...

16. Jets69

Jets69 Well-Known Member

LOL ya okay

17. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

I think this analysis echoes what a lot of fans feel about Adams but puts it all on context a lot better in terms of actual elite players.

I'm so tired of the dirty work or thankless position argument when it comes to our high draft picks. I heard this for years about Leonard Williams and the protection he should have from criticism because "he gets double and triple teamed because he's the only good player." Same argument that's coming from Adams; "turnovers don't matter when they do so many other things well."

Adams is a nice player. He breaks up some passes, he plays in the box well and he's a solid tackler. What makes a great safety is instincts to make the big play though. Ed Reed and Polamalu were such exceptional players because they had free roam of the field regardless of the scheme and made game changing plays.

I think two picks are appropriate for Adams. A first and a third would satisfy me in the off-season especially when Joe D really understands his contract extension requests.

18. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Ed Reed was a Free Saftey...not sure why people keep comparing Adams to Ed Reed...a better comparison would be Kam Chancellor or something.

19. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

oh, I didn't compare him to Ed Reed. Adams is no Ed Reed

20. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

So compare him to Troy Polamalu and you get the same argument...