2019 NFL Week 9 - Around The League

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by CotcheryFan, Oct 31, 2019.

1. CotcheryFan

CotcheryFan 2018 ROTY Poster Award Winner

49ers @ Cards to start off week 9. 49ers up 14-7 now.

2. Woodhead

Woodhead Active Member

When the Cards drew first blood I hoped they could keep it interesting but all 49ers now

3. FrontOfficeFanatic

FrontOfficeFanatic Well-Known Member

Seeing Garrapolo make throws under duress and go through progressions makes me wince thinking abotu Darnold....he really lacks command compared to these other guys.

4. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

Kingsbury with a huge mistake taking that timeout to give them another shot at it.

5. Acad23

Acad23 Well-Known Member

Kittle is a really nice tight end...

6. Jonathan_Vilma

The Cardinals offense is fun to watch. But that drive sort of proves why these gimmicky offenses may always struggle. They lead the league in defensive time of possession against because of those quick scoring drives. That defense SHOULD be a lot better with playmakers like Chandler Jones and Peterson manning it. But they gotta just always be worn down being on the field for over half the game (33+ mins).

7. statjeff22

statjeff22 2008 Green Guy "Most Knowledgeable" Award Winner

Jimmy G looks damned good. Have to wonder if Kraft is going to regret his loyalty to Tommy Boy a few years down the road.

8. Jonathan_Vilma

Forget the quarterback. That blitz pickup by all involved was text book. And it's amazing as Jets fans that something so standard is something to envy.

9. Longislandjetfan

Longislandjetfan Active Member

Just watching Kyler Murray tonight he seems lightyears ahead of Darnold especially against this 49er defense. I’m really worried about Sam he needs to step it up even with the terrible o-line. Also judging by tn Kliff Kingsbury better at whispering to qbs then Adam Gase

10. Jonathan_Vilma

He does this year but don't forget that Darnold flashed a lot last year as well. It's been a whirlwind of terrible things happening for Darnold this year and compound that with his second system in his second year and you sort of have the perfect storm.

It's definitely disheartening seeing this kid with one of the leagues worst offensive lines thriving though.

He and Gase should take some notes last night on getting the ball out quick against good pass rushers.

#10 Jonathan_Vilma, Nov 1, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 1, 2019
  11. GasedAndConfused

GasedAndConfused Well-Known Member

it's literally the best I've seen jimmy g look. he rarely looks like that. it was more of a fluke game then the norm for him

HomeoftheJets and dawinner127 like this.
  12. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

More of the norm prior to his knee surgery.

13. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

In fairness to Darnold. Kyle Murray is running the same O with the same terminology he used in College. As far as skill set. Murray has a quicker release, better arm, better mechanics and isn't a nice guy. He hates losing and has the demeanor of someone who won't except it.

His height is an issue. He often is high on throws because of awkward angles. Unlike Jackson he goes down with arm tackles and isn't a great runner in traffic.

He also has much better WR than Sam. Anderson would be a package substitution on the Cardinals. He would be 4 or 5 on their depth chart.

14. GasedAndConfused

nah even before his injury he was a 1 read QB. he just had a good enough team around him that he won most of his games and got all this hype. He's never looked like anything more then a medicore QB. He's all hype

15. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

SF traded for him in the middle of the 2017 season. That team went 1 and 4 with Beathard and 0 and 6 with Hoyer. They were 5 and 0 once they came off the bye and gave the ball to Garappolo. That's why the signed him. You're simply wrong. Garappolo sat and learned the position. He is a highly talented, accurate and confident QB.

I've seen him live twice against good teams. He's an excellent NFL QB. 14 and 2 in 16 game starts.

Chappy13 likes this.
  16. GasedAndConfused

he's won games with a great team. he's better then a couple of bad QBs. doesn't make him a good one. He's the weak link on that team and they are 8-0. that's what a good roster and good coach can do for a team. like hell if we had a nick foles over sanchez we would have won a SB. doens't mean foles is a great QB.

17. Biggs

Biggs Well-Known Member

It this post was a pass it's a pick 6.

18. GasedAndConfused

and yours is a buttfumble :)

19. WarriorRB28

WarriorRB28 Well-Known Member

Impressive season by the 49ers and by Garoppolo. I figure this 8-0 start after his 5-0 from a couple of seasons back officially makes the trade for him a worthwhile, good one for the 49ers.

I'm still not sold on his contract.

And I'm still not sold on the 49ers being THE team I want to see facing New England in the Super Bowl. I just can't envision Brady & Belichick losing to their former backup QB in that game.

At this point I'd still rather see Green Bay or New Orleans with Green Bay being the ideal (for me) NFC Super Bowl representative.

20. donkey

donkey Well-Known Member

How the chuff did we lose to these last week??