Jamal Adams... (Merged)

Discussion in 'National Football League' started by fansince90, Aug 20, 2017.

1. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

Wanna go from a beloved player to a reviled one?

Put yourself above all of your team mates and the team itself

Acad23, NCJetsfan, Since1969 and 2 others like this.
  2. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

Turns out you both agreed on the most important point..having a safety as your best player accomplishes nothing and is not the best way to build a team.

Linebacker712 likes this.
  3. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

The Adams and Maye picks really fit into Bowles vision of building the greatest secondary ever. Just like all of the 5T we took under Rex fit into his vision of building an impenetrable 300 pound wall of defensive lineman.

The problem with this team has been the vision for how it's built and subsequent execution of said vision. BPA available is such an overrated phrase. You can to BPA when you have a winning culture and are picking at the bottom of round one every year. Similar to how the Vikings have drafted. Full well knowing they can afford their draft picks to not be instant day one starters.

But they also have a vision and a team built already. We need a team vision that subscribes to the modern day NFL. And stop trying to build the 1985 Bears.

4. FJF

FJF 2018 MVP Joe Namath Award Winner

Adams loses all respect for the simple fact that he admittedly won’t talk to Douglas but is airing it out all over social. No matter what else is truth or fiction that is inexcusable.

RPOZ51, NCJetsfan, ouchy and 4 others like this.
  5. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

agreed.... I don't get that shit at all

NCJetsfan likes this.
  6. STARoSCREAM

STARoSCREAM Well-Known Member

This.

I am 36 so maybe i missed the social media boat. I dont understand why these young players have to tweet out every single thought they have.

Want to use it to further your brand? sure, i get that. But this is marring his name. Baker did a similar thing yesterday, i don't get it

IIMeanDeanII and stinkyB like this.
  7. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

what kind of douchebag starts a tweet with "not saying I'm the greatest ever. But- "

NCJetsfan likes this.
  8. stinkyB

stinkyB 2009 Best Avatar Award Winner

I guess I'm not very good at tha twittahs.... maaaybe he's warming up to be President Mal 2032 ;)

HomeoftheJets likes this.
  9. FJF

Back when arod was traded to the rangers he made a comment about it being easier for jeter to be a leader because his teams win. When asked about the comment jeter’s response to the reporter was, “ I haven’t heard this, I will call arod tonight and if you still want, we can talk about it tomorrow “
    Text book exchange on how to maturely handle the he said she said and exactly what Adams should have been doing.

CBG and Jonathan_Vilma like this.
  10. Jonathan_Vilma

Jonathan_Vilma Well-Known Member

There's so many good examples of leadership that Adams should look at.

Any Dak Prescott press conference can be reference. On Zeke's holdout; "We want him out there but that's business." And this coming from a player whose own contract extension is directly connected to Zeke as he plays so much better and wins more frequently when he's out there.

11. MJK

MJK Well-Known Member

social media magnifies narcissism ....it's why politicians, athletes, celebrities , and the media flock to Twitter and are addicted to it.

NCJetsfan and Since1969 like this.
  12. Ajitator

Ajitator Well-Known Member

- Media Drum up drama by over exaggerate the situation and using 'sources'. ( Clicks )
    - Find outspoken player that could have potentially been affected by this close door conversation from 'sources' and interview them ( Clicks )
    - Write article about how angry said outspoken player is and continue to pour gas on the fire ( Clicks )
    - Poke outspoken player for more sellable one liners and quotes ( Clicks )
    - Report on Non-Impactful resolution 3 days later ( Clicks )
    - Bring up Old garbage during offseason ( Clicks )

Can't say I agree with Adams for airing the laundry on social media but I'm not going to crucify one of if not our best player because he's upset for potentially being traded. Nothing has changed he's going to play hard on Sunday and I doubt this will have any impact on future contract discussions.

Thankfully Joe Douglas isn't Adam Gase and I have faith he's going to be able to have an even-keeled level setting conversation with Jamal when it happens. If he talks to Douglas and is still popping off then maybe we have an issue.

13. AJT73

AJT73 Well-Known Member

This is a modern 20 something approach to life. Especially star athletes. IE Beckham and Ramsey. Adams at this point wants off this sinking ship so he is doing everything Beckham and Ramsey did. It's frustrating to see. Unfortanately the days of Curtis Martin are long gone. I don't like it and hopefully the next generation will change but I think this type of behavior will be here for a bit.

As for Adams and the Jets. The Jets need so much. To get 1s and 2s for him would help rebuild this deficient team and maybe build us into a winner. Having the best safety in the game with a bad defense and rebuilding team does not help us. As much as I enjoy seeing Adams play trading him in the offseason is the best move.

NCJetsfan likes this.
  14. FJF

The problem with this post is it all started with Adams taking to twitter unsolicited instead of calling Douglas

15. westiedog1

westiedog1 Well-Known Member

It's amazing how quickly the top draft choices of this nutty franchise wear out their welcome. Can they all be that bad? Or, is it the need to scapegoat for losing. I'm amazed that anyone wants to play for this franchise. Those that do, probably can't get jobs anywhere else.

16. Ajitator

It started with tweets and articles about Adams being Shopped and "wanting to be dealt" to the Cowboys, I imagine he took a lot of flak on social media from nobodies like people on this board for "ditching his team" and felt he needed to defend his position.

Like I said I don't think it's right to air all this stuff out in social media, but I'm also not going to crucify him because we have unprecedented access to these athletes and their real feelings. If anything him waiting to cool off before trying to hash things out with Douglass shows his ability to recognize he needs to approach this with a cooler head. It's the writers and media outlets that need/want to make a story out of this that are making into a bigger deal than it is.

17. NYJFOREVER

NYJFOREVER Well-Known Member

Adams is not bad, anyone that says otherwise doesn't know what they're talking about. He is a great player and before this, has always been a leader for the last three years. The problem is that he's acting like a petulant child by not talking to his damn boss and whining about it on Twitter.

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.
  18. FJF

This isn’t a media created storm. This is an adams created storm. not only did he take to Twitter when he shouldn’t have he doubled down when he hit in front of the media. At any point in the last 36 hours Adams could have killed the story. As much as i like to kill the sorry beat reporters we have this one isn’t on them.

Acad23, NCJetsfan and CotcheryFan like this.
  19. Ajitator

Again, I'm not saying Adams is right for doing what he's done in the last 2 days,. And it could have been handled better. ( Though like I said to me it seems more like he's defending his position more than he's whining about anything )...

But why not wait until he actually does talk to his boss and work it out instead of chasing him out of town for being passionate. The guys a team player and he's going to continue to do so. If he starts demanding a trade in the offseason .... Then we can crucify him.

Isn't there a chance this amounts to nothing and there isn't a storm at all... Except for the one the media has drummed up?

20. BrowningNagle

BrowningNagle Well-Known Member

not sure its accurate to say he's been a leader for the last 3 years. we are all outsiders so we don't really know what its like in that locker room. What has transpired in the last week shows us a closer look at someone who lacks (good) leadership qualities. Given that this team has had plenty of issues the last 3 years, its fair to question; maybe he's not actually a good leader

francesa had an excellent point anyway. he separates himself from the team when things are going bad. thats not leadership

NCJetsfan and FJF like this.